5534 13 2021-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans769cf084
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see DJI Fly app was updaed and my Mini 2 seems to work with my Pixel 6 but my main machine - Mavic 2 Pro is still grounded as the DJI Go 4 app crashes everytime I try to connect.  What is the status on getting that app updated to work with the Pixel 6?  And no, I do not have an older device I can use...
2021-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/pr ... ;from=insite_search ) . In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.
2021-12-13
Use props
fans769cf084
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 20:56
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=insite_search ) . In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

I appreciate that you respond. DJI needs to anticipate and be proactive in updating apps for flagship devices in a timely manner. Google releases there info to app developers in advance so there is a seamless transition. DJI, as a leader in there market,must do a better job with updates. Very disappointing. Especially to those of us that market for you via word of mouth and social media. It should not be difficult to update your app and stop the negative comments on Reddit and other platforms. This is my second Pixel that this has happened. Need a fix soon or I will follow suit in voicing my disappointment in the DJI team.
2021-12-13
Use props
sabedard
New

Canada

Any news on support for the pixel 6?   Would be great to be able to use my drone again using my own phone.
2021-12-24
Use props
fans769cf084
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

sabedard Posted at 12-24 16:45
Any news on support for the pixel 6?   Would be great to be able to use my drone again using my own phone.

Someone told me to download the app directly from DJI to my phone... not from the app store. Looks like it might work. Everything updated and I could see the camera on my screen. Will try to do an actual flight in the next several days. Fingers crossed!
2021-12-24
Use props
Passegua Mavic
lvl.2
Italy

fans769cf084 Posted at 2021-12-24 17:05
Someone told me to download the app directly from DJI to my phone... not from the app store. Looks like it might work. Everything updated and I could see the camera on my screen. Will try to do an actual flight in the next several days. Fingers crossed!

Please give more details! I just bought Pixel 6 (using before Pixel 2 XL ) and the app crashes!

How could we install "directly from DJI to my phone"

Many thanks!
2022-1-4
Use props
Passegua Mavic
lvl.2
Italy

Just shifted from Pixel 2XL to Pixel 6 and DJI GO 4 CRASHES! So how could I use my drone????
2022-1-4
Use props
Passegua Mavic
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-13 20:56
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=insite_search ) . In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

I downloaded the apk file from here:

DJI GO 4 apk

and after installed on Pixel 6 ... it works!!!
Please add this info to Pixel 6 owners that are experiencing crashing !
Thanks!
2022-1-4
Use props
fans769cf084
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Passegua Mavic Posted at 1-4 09:15
I downloaded the apk file from here:

DJI GO 4 apk

I did try that and I was able to update the craft -and things looked promising -but when I started to fly, the camera view disappeared again from my Pixel 6...
2022-1-4
Use props
fans3a634be1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53294 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-13 20:56
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=insite_search ) . In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

I agree this is not acceptable My drone been in a shelf I was going to upgrade my drone not any more I'm considering the comparation.
2022-1-29
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11800233 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

I have just purchased a Pixel 6 Pro, unfortunately, my Mavic 2 Pro does not have live video with it.

I downloaded the latest DJI GO4 (4.3.46) from dji.com. The app starts properly, everything else seems to work (drone reacts to control sticks or commands on the phone screen), but there is no live image, just a grey screen. In fact, sometimes the live video pops in for a second, but is lost immediately.

DJI, please provide some fix asap!
2022-3-12
Use props
LastGroundhog
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Almost 4 months later I still can't use the app on Pixel 6, any news?
2022-3-27
Use props
chris mckee
New

United States

All my dji devices are now unusable. Looks like I have to sell everything, and get a different drone. I don't understand house a few thousand dollars worth of gear becomes useless because they don't want to update their app. I'll never buy a dji product ever again. Garbage.
2022-8-30
Use props
fans769cf084
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

chris mckee Posted at 8-30 15:05
All my dji devices are now unusable. Looks like I have to sell everything, and get a different drone. I don't understand house a few thousand dollars worth of gear becomes useless because they don't want to update their app. I'll never buy a dji product ever again. Garbage.

Agreed.  I just sold my Mavic 2 Pro two days ago... Luckily I found someone that wanted it as I am not sure how many people have old phones.  Totally inexcusable for a company that claims it is a leader in the industry.  Maybe they are the leader because they force consumers to upgrade every several years as they render their drones useless.  Not a good business model!
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules