Transfer files from Internal to SD
11875 20 2021-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheStoryTillNow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98360 ft
Canada

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, I've looked for this feature everywhere. Is there no way to transfer files from Internal Storage to SD card to free up space on the camera? This seems like an obvious imporatant function.
2021-12-13
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, plz make sure Action2 is update to 01.01.08.10, it can be upgraded via DJI MIMO.

Then swipe down, there is a SD icon. tap and you will find export at the internal storage page.
2021-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TheStoryTillNow. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Kindly please follow the post above for you to be able to find export at the internal storage page. Thank you.
2021-12-13
Use props
zaman200
New

Bangladesh

Transfer your tracks and playlists between Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music and 50+ music services for free with MusConv
2021-12-29
Use props
fans4b46812e
New
Flight distance : 23202 ft
Hungary

Hello.

I transferred 10 GB of video from the internal memory to the SD card. A few hours later I wanted to transfer some more, new videos. I got an error message of a failed transfer, then the SD card is not recognized on the device any more, and also the previously copied 10GB of videos are missing.
Does a second transfer overwrite the first one?
Where did my videos go from the initial transfer?
Is there any chance of getting them back?

Thanks,
Vitéz
2022-2-20
Use props
fansbd5d1e8e
lvl.1

Australia

Hey guys, I need some help with transferring files from internal memory to sd using the mimo app due to a smashed screen, there doesn't seem to be an option.. Any help would be appreciated cheers
2022-5-22
Use props
fansbd5d1e8e
lvl.1

Australia

I can't figure out how to make my own post about the above issue, was hoping 1 of the 2 reps from dji in this thread could shed some light on this issue, my internal memory is full and I can't delete these videos so I can't use the camera, please help!
2022-5-26
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

fansbd5d1e8e Posted at 5-26 01:38
I can't figure out how to make my own post about the above issue, was hoping 1 of the 2 reps from dji in this thread could shed some light on this issue, my internal memory is full and I can't delete these videos so I can't use the camera, please help!

You can connect to PC via usb and delete the files in the internal storage. Edit: ops, you still need a screen to select "file transfer" instead of "webcam" when connecting.
2022-5-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Seems like you need to borrow a screen module from someone - do you have a bricks-and-mortar vendor anywhere near who might help you with this?  Or download to your phone in the app might be an option?
2022-5-26
Use props
fansbd5d1e8e
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for replying guys, I was hoping I didn't have to purchase the screen module lol.. I'm in the bush so no stores near me haha.. Don't understand why there wouldn't be an option in the app, you can do everything else lol
2022-5-31
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Is it only me, or does all the files get a new create date/time when the files are transfered from internal to SD?
This is really bad, and needs to be fixed.

Usually when you move a file the create date/time don't change.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_dt4NoUm0cHMo
New

France

Hello ! If you have A phone you can trasnfer your file (internal storage) directly on your phone phato gallery by the app via wifi. Hope you will get it it time . Regards ML
2022-8-9
Use props
shootsfree
lvl.1

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 2021-12-13 18:59
Hi, plz make sure Action2 is update to 01.01.08.10, it can be upgraded via DJI MIMO.

Then swipe down, there is a SD icon. tap and you will find export at the internal storage page.

Hi is there any way to automate this function when it's connected to the power module?
2022-11-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

No, it has to be user-selected.  If it happened automatically I can think of scenarios where it would be a bad idea - for instance if you wished to record some video and you'd have to wait up to 20 mins before you could do so.  I think it takes three taps to do it manually so...
2022-11-27
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-27 19:21
No, it has to be user-selected.  If it happened automatically I can think of scenarios where it would be a bad idea - for instance if you wished to record some video and you'd have to wait up to 20 mins before you could do so.  I think it takes three taps to do it manually so...

It can work if you can cancel the file transfer, but there isn't an option to transfer automatically.
2022-11-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think that as the files on the camera are deleted when the transfer is complete, I'd just be nervous about this happening other than always as specifically requested by the user.  But maybe I'm just pessimistic!
2022-11-28
Use props
djiuser_Lfn9i2tskSD6
New

South Korea

Since there is no sd card slot in the main camera module, it would be so convenient if there is auto file transfer mode. There is no reason the videos remain in the main camera memory since there is no way to export directly. You always need to attatch battery module or display module in order to export data. So its obvious to make it automatically transfer the file to sd card when the module is connected to clear the internal memory, and make the camera module always ready to shoot with full internal memory available.
2022-12-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Not a good idea given the hazards listed above and the ease of doing it manually at a moment that the user deems appropriate.
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_Wg7BOnMXe21F
New

United States

fans4b46812e Posted at 2022-2-20 01:40
Hello.

I transferred 10 GB of video from the internal memory to the SD card. A few hours later I wanted to transfer some more, new videos. I got an error message of a failed transfer, then the SD card is not recognized on the device any more, and also the previously copied 10GB of videos are missing.

Hi there.

I have also experienced the same issue.

Was there a resolution?
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Wg7BOnMXe21F Posted at 9-22 06:29
Hi there.

I have also experienced the same issue.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific DJI product are you using. Are you using a drone or the DJI Action series? If you are using the DJI Action 2, please follow the steps below to export internal storage photo/video and data to a microSD card:

1. Insert the microSD card into the front touchscreen module/power module and connect it to the camera unit.
2. Swipe down from the top of the screen. Go to “Storage” and tap “Export to SD Card” at the bottom-left corner to export the internal storage data.
2023-10-3
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Exporting internal memory to SD card takes a very long time, it's better to export it to a laptop, tablet or computer. Smartphone doesn't work because OTG is not possible

The camera is locked while the internal files are being exported to sd card

transfer time 22gb more or less 15min
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules