DJI Mini 2 | 0 - 100 Drone Edit Challenge | Ft. Artlist

2021-12-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another great find from your feed.  Video is a bit long so I think I'll bookmark it and watch tomorrow morning.  It's beer thirty here.  
2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 15:53
Another great find from your feed.  Video is a bit long so I think I'll bookmark it and watch tomorrow morning.  It's beer thirty here.

Lol.  I missed that yesterday due to the booster jab.
2021-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Vasily_2 Posted at 12-16 05:54
I am using the Mini 2 too.
Very informative. Thanks for sharing.

No probs sir.  
2021-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 00:16
Lol.  I missed that yesterday due to the booster jab.

Good for you for staying vaccinated.    

I see where Pfizer's CEO said that annual COVID boosters might be needed just like Flu shots.  Of course he would say that as it positively effects his corporation's bottom line.  
2021-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-17 02:58
Good for you for staying vaccinated.   

I see where Pfizer's CEO said that annual COVID boosters might be needed just like Flu shots.  Of course he would say that as it positively effects his corporation's bottom line.

thanks DT,   I usually avoid Dr's/ flu jabs etc.  But this one seemed more important and were working hard to avoid people still.

I wont be suprised if we end up having a yearly jab like flu,  in fact theres a company here thats working on combining flu and covid into one jab.
2021-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-17 04:26
thanks DT,   I usually avoid Dr's/ flu jabs etc.  But this one seemed more important and were working hard to avoid people still.

I wont be suprised if we end up having a yearly jab like flu,  in fact theres a company here thats working on combining flu and covid into one jab.

Initially, I was a bit hesitant about getting vaccinated.  However, after listening to all the horrible death stories my RN daughter told me I gave in and really glad I did now.  She said this is one time if you gamble and lose it's your life that you are losing.  
2021-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-17 13:00
Initially, I was a bit hesitant about getting vaccinated.  However, after listening to all the horrible death stories my RN daughter told me I gave in and really glad I did now.  She said this is one time if you gamble and lose it's your life that you are losing.

Me too,  Im not big on healthcare,  but this one convinced me.
2021-12-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 02:11
Me too,  Im not big on healthcare,  but this one convinced me.

Was checking the Omicron numbers on the news tonight and it is spreading exponentially.  Way faster than Delta variant.  Just hope the vaccinations are helpful against this variant.  
2021-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-18 17:40
Was checking the Omicron numbers on the news tonight and it is spreading exponentially.  Way faster than Delta variant.  Just hope the vaccinations are helpful against this variant.

They reckon we have two waves here at the moment,  Delta in non vaxed people and Omicron in people without the boosters.  They describe it as they are not competing for the same people.
2021-12-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-19 01:41
They reckon we have two waves here at the moment,  Delta in non vaxed people and Omicron in people without the boosters.  They describe it as they are not competing for the same people.

Interesting the way they break it down.  
2021-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-19 11:41
Interesting the way they break it down.

Something odd is happening this time,  it appears the government is not listening to the science advisers, even though they constantly say that they will let science drive the response,  so because of that the reports that are being given to the government also are leaking out to the news papers.
2021-12-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-20 01:16
Something odd is happening this time,  it appears the government is not listening to the science advisers, even though they constantly say that they will let science drive the response,  so because of that the reports that are being given to the government also are leaking out to the news papers.

That's one way of trying to hold the government accountable for proper reporting.  
2021-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-21 03:16
That's one way of trying to hold the government accountable for proper reporting.

It seems to be working to a degree too.  But half of the government is opposed to restrictions and the other half is for them so they are caught between a rock and hard place.   They keep urging people to limit what they do but judging by the local pub yesterday they are not listening.
2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Probs Dong ZeYuan.   
2021-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 03:37
It seems to be working to a degree too.  But half of the government is opposed to restrictions and the other half is for them so they are caught between a rock and hard place.   They keep urging people to limit what they do but judging by the local pub yesterday they are not listening.

The local "watering holes" as we used to call them growing up in South Texas are usually a good indicator of how people are complying or not complying with COVID restrictions.   
2021-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-22 03:25
The local "watering holes" as we used to call them growing up in South Texas are usually a good indicator of how people are complying or not complying with COVID restrictions.

I went past yesterday and it was empty.  So not sure whats going on there.
2021-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 01:36
I went past yesterday and it was empty.  So not sure whats going on there.

I guess it depends on the time of the day as to how busy they are.  
2021-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 04:07
I guess it depends on the time of the day as to how busy they are.

It must have been a time thing,   drove past last night at 4:30 pm (which is early for pubs here) and it was jammed again,   But then we did just sit 120'000 cases yesterday.
2021-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 01:23
It must have been a time thing,   drove past last night at 4:30 pm (which is early for pubs here) and it was jammed again,   But then we did just sit 120'000 cases yesterday.

120,000 cases.....wow, definitely trending in the wrong direction.  Really seeing numbers rise here also but not quite that drastic yet....unless the government is publishing false numbers.  When Biden ran for President he "promised" he would wipe out COVID and so far not so good on his promise and his poll numbers have dropped to an epic low.  
2021-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 06:53
120,000 cases.....wow, definitely trending in the wrong direction.  Really seeing numbers rise here also but not quite that drastic yet....unless the government is publishing false numbers.  When Biden ran for President he "promised" he would wipe out COVID and so far not so good on his promise and his poll numbers have dropped to an epic low.

We hit 122'000 yesterday.

When the Omicron variant was discovered the scientific community were calling on it getting a new name as its so different from the orginal strain,   which has mostly be wiped out.
2021-12-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 00:44
We hit 122'000 yesterday.

When the Omicron variant was discovered the scientific community were calling on it getting a new name as its so different from the orginal strain,   which has mostly be wiped out.

I wish that Delta was wiped out here to.  However, numerous un-vaccinated personnel are still getting the Delta variant.  However, Omicron is spreading uncontrollably also and has been the cause of many break-through cases.  I'm really getting tired of COVID.  
2021-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-25 16:16
I wish that Delta was wiped out here to.  However, numerous un-vaccinated personnel are still getting the Delta variant.  However, Omicron is spreading uncontrollably also and has been the cause of many break-through cases.  I'm really getting tired of COVID.

I agree,  it is getting a bit tiresome now.
2021-12-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-26 01:57
I agree,  it is getting a bit tiresome now.

Very tiresome.  Guess all we can do is stay safe and ride it out.  
2021-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-26 11:49
Very tiresome.  Guess all we can do is stay safe and ride it out.

Txted an old friend/work colleague on Christmas to wish him a Merry Christmas and hope the new job he just started is going well.   Turned into a long exchange over a couple of days turns out his son came back for Christmas with it and so they are now all waiting for tests and results.  It described it a Russian roulette  
2021-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 01:52
Txted an old friend/work colleague on Christmas to wish him a Merry Christmas and hope the new job he just started is going well.   Turned into a long exchange over a couple of days turns out his son came back for Christmas with it and so they are now all waiting for tests and results.  It described it a Russian roulette

Shame to hear that.  I truly wish them a speedy recovery with no lingering effects.  
2021-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-27 16:52
Shame to hear that.  I truly wish them a speedy recovery with no lingering effects.

So far he seems OK.   He certainly emailing and txting enough try to convince me to go and work with him.
2021-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-28 01:52
So far he seems OK.   He certainly emailing and txting enough try to convince me to go and work with him.

Might be something to consider.  
2021-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 12:43
Might be something to consider.

Im thinking hard about it.   The money is very good and its mostly WFH.  But I am enjoying the not working bit too.
2021-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 01:43
Im thinking hard about it.   The money is very good and its mostly WFH.  But I am enjoying the not working bit too.

It took me a while after I retired to slow down my pace and figure out what to do with my days but once I accomplished that it has been really great.  I was doing volunteer work at the local Navy Hospital but with COVID they have cut way back on volunteers so now I have even more free time.  

Enjoy your time away from the work routine.
2021-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-29 15:19
It took me a while after I retired to slow down my pace and figure out what to do with my days but once I accomplished that it has been really great.  I was doing volunteer work at the local Navy Hospital but with COVID they have cut way back on volunteers so now I have even more free time.  

Enjoy your time away from the work routine.

Its a big dilemma for me,  and I need to decide in the next few days.
2021-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:46
Its a big dilemma for me,  and I need to decide in the next few days.

I'm sure it is a huge decision but I'm confident you'll make the right decision.  
2021-12-30
Use props
Scaff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256608 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst everyone is on the subject

My booster put me in bed ( had the flue @ the same time ) 4 days later in isolation with 3 different Pos LFT  but I’m fine
2021-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-30 04:19
I'm sure it is a huge decision but I'm confident you'll make the right decision.

I think I'll send my CV over and see what happens,  theres no guarantees involved.
2021-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scaff@1 Posted at 12-30 04:43
Whilst everyone is on the subject

My booster put me in bed ( had the flue @ the same time ) 4 days later in isolation with 3 different Pos LFT  but I’m fine

Pleased youre doing well now Scaff,   my other half had some flu like symptoms after the booster but I had nothing. The second AZ jab left me feeling a bit drained though.
2021-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-31 01:18
I think I'll send my CV over and see what happens,  theres no guarantees involved.

Always worth a shot.  That old saying - nothing ventured, nothing gained - does apply.  Best of luck.
2021-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2021-12-31 06:18
Always worth a shot.  That old saying - nothing ventured, nothing gained - does apply.  Best of luck.

Cheers DT.   
2022-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.  
2022-1-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 05:27
Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I need to pull my finger out first and update the old CV.
2022-1-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules