DJI Roadmap Leaked Online! Pocket 3 Etc On The Way.
4521 8 2021-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

Ok, firstly sorry DJI, I'm going to announce a flash leak I found on the news online. Hopefully, this doesn't make anyone upset

Recently, NotebookCheck.net made news about DealsDrone leaking DJI's roadmap.

[size=1em]@DealsDrone has published a table that outlined products that DJI has or will release between 2019 and 2022. Embedded below, the table outlines that DJI will release the following devices next year, starting with the Mini 3 drone in April.

• April 2022: DJI Mini 3
  • June 2022: DJI RS3/RSC3
  • July 2022: DJI FPV Mini
  • September 2022: DJI Inspire 3
  • November 2022: DJI Pocket 3

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Le ... -2022.584517.0.html

So be ready guys, next year will be awesome! I'm saving the budget for the Pocket 3 then.
2021-12-14
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Interesting. Wonder how they will handle the Pocket 3? I at least hope they learn their lessons from the couple of issues they had with the Pocket 2. Not a bad camera, but has some flaws (such as the obligatory, limited activation and the overheating issues). But maybe it will be a good one. I am not likely to (at least immediately) upgrade from Pocket 2 as long as it works, but maybe later if I need a new video camera.
2021-12-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I like my pocket 2 but I doubt I'll swap it for a 3
2021-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MuhlisG. Good day and thank you reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and releases. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-12-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Saving for the P3 too.
2021-12-14
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

As a user of OP1, I think upgrading to the P2 is not a good idea (unless you've got a budget). Both recording 4K/60. I think the P2 is a big improvement in terms of accessories, you now have an external mic, wi-fi in it but it's only for those who buy the combo, not the camera itself.

Also, there are a lot of software improvements that I think can be made on the P1, for example, there is a raw timelapse mode in P2 but not in P1. There is an AutoMaxISO option in P2 but not in P1. Why?

Hopefully, the P3 has at least 5K/60, or who knows, an amazing 8K resolution? 4K/120 would be interesting too. Let's see then...
2021-12-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HGDC84 Posted at 12-14 12:48
Interesting. Wonder how they will handle the Pocket 3? I at least hope they learn their lessons from the couple of issues they had with the Pocket 2. Not a bad camera, but has some flaws (such as the obligatory, limited activation and the overheating issues). But maybe it will be a good one. I am not likely to (at least immediately) upgrade from Pocket 2 as long as it works, but maybe later if I need a new video camera.

I have never experienced overheating issues yet with my pocket 2. Must be our colder climate.
2021-12-15
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Visual Air Posted at 12-15 08:14
I have never experienced overheating issues yet with my pocket 2. Must be are colder climate.

Good to hear that. I have experienced these occasionally with the DIA Handle, but not so often that it has caused big time trouble. Most of the time, no big problems, luckily.
2021-12-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting find.    I'm looking forward to the Mini 3 and the P3.  Just need to see what functions they bring as updates to the current versions.  
2021-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules