DJI FPV Drone Vs. the new Galaxy z Fold3 phone
4099 5 2021-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miquael44msn.com
lvl.1
United States

ANYONE.. PLEASE HELP!I just switched phones - from a Galaxy Note 8, to the new Galaxy Z FLIP3. I couldn't download the DJI FLY app from the App Store, as it wasn't available for this new phone, but I was able to transfer the app from my old phone. It allowed me to install and launch it just fine. I am experiencing problems however, with the app seeing my DJI FPV drone. Under normal circumstances, I don't need this app to fly this drone, but from time to time, I have to connect to a phone to Unlock a GEO Zone, and it will not connect. I tried using the USB-C to USB female dongle that ships with the FPV drone, with the goggles to phone connect (which use to work just fine with the old phone), as well as a USB-C to USB-C, straight from the phone to the goggles - with no success. I also have USB Debugging activated... but still nothing. It still connects fine using other Android devices as well as  my ipad mini. Anyone know of any Solutions to get it to work with this Galaxy Z-FOLD 3?

Thank You in advance for any help that might be offered,

- Q -
2021-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there miquael44msn.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said DJI application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-12-14
Use props
miquael44msn.com
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-14 21:27
Hello there miquael44msn.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said DJI application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Thanks So Much for Your Very Prompt Reply..,

Yeah, I figured as much. It's a shame that it doesn't currently work with the DJI FPV, but again, luckily the DJI FPV does not require a mobile device to fly. so, I'll just have to keep my tablet with me in certain circumstances - until such time DJI optimizes the app to include the Z-FOLD-3.

Thanks Again, and in the mean-time, Please keep me in mind should someone discover a work-around!
2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

miquael44msn.com Posted at 12-15 08:09
Thanks So Much for Your Very Prompt Reply..,

Yeah, I figured as much. It's a shame that it doesn't currently work with the DJI FPV, but again, luckily the DJI FPV does not require a mobile device to fly. so, I'll just have to keep my tablet with me in certain circumstances - until such time DJI optimizes the app to include the Z-FOLD-3.

Hi there miquael44msn.com. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_YBgJxn9k1eX4
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-14 21:27
Hello there miquael44msn.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said DJI application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Wtf is this crap i have the most  Expensive phone on the market and you can't even make it work for DJI  Flying apps this is sad especially considering my phone also doesn't have an IR or a headphone jack... . . .?  Perhaps I should be yelling at Samsung
2023-1-2
Use props
Mark R2
New

New Zealand

Has this been fixed? I have the fold 3 and can't seem to connect the fly app
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules