Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How many Mini 2 batteries do you use?
12Next >
9057 49 2021-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

I personally always carry atleast 3-4 full charged, however I have 6 and have at times flown with all 6 for 2-2 1/2 hours.

Just curious to see if anyone is as battery hungry as me.
Single SelectVote, Total 181 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-12-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have three and find it is enough for me at this time.
2021-12-15
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566804 ft
United States

Three and that is plenty flight time for one day..I have not needed more yet.
2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have three and find its plenty to fly one location.   I also have a fast charge compatible cigarette adapter socket and use that on the odd ocassion I want some extra charge on the go.
2021-12-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I have 4, normally only fly 3, i have dogs home alone so i cant stay out too long..
2021-12-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 4 and at times have used all 4.  
2021-12-16
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860184 ft
United States

I have 6 batteries, got 3 mini to see how well they work. Seem to be fine.
2021-12-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depends on how long you are gonna be out flying for the day.  Remember, flying does take some concentration and everybody has a different tolerance for how long is right.  My ideal is about three or four batttery changes then head home for the day.  : )
2021-12-16
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I have 3, but I never use more than 2 at a time, at least for now since I do not travel much. So 2 for me, the third stays uncharged
2021-12-17
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

I have 5 so you can practically stay up all the time if there put on charge when they are changed if you have a charger that charges them all at once
2021-12-17
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I have 3 batteries but usually use 1 or 2, unless I am at a site that has lots of things to see or am trying to get a specific shot!
2021-12-17
Use props
C5Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256532 ft
United States

while 3 has been plenty for all missions, I bought a 4th just in case. averaging about 22 mins of flight time per battery.
2021-12-22
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Philippines

I use the original bag that comes with the fly-more kit. I have the 3 that came with it and they are stored in the charging hub. I do want to get a 4th one to live inside of the drone though as that seems like wasted space right now.

That being said I have had lots of good times flying and not yet ran out of batteries. Most of my flights are about 5-10 minutes so I get multiple flights per battery. I think as I get more confident I will fly farther and longer though.
2021-12-22
Use props
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Japan

I have 3 standard batteries and 4 lightweight batteries for the Japanese market. The light batteries allow me to ignore some of the red-tape when flying, but they only last 18 minutes on paper.
2021-12-23
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

I have 6.  Only reason for having so many is for when traveling overseas (in that case I am usually out for the day and have no option to recharge until the next evening).  I shoot a LOT of photos when traveling, am often out all day, sometimes shooting from dawn to dusk.  I figured that adding the drone to my photo kit, and with just 15-20 minutes per battery, I could easily run out of batteries before I ran out of things to film.  I have never used all 6 on the same day, but I have used 4 or 5 more than once.  When filming around home, though, I rarely go through more than 3 batteries in a day.
2022-1-10
Use props
Shaynesherman
New

United States

I have 3 pretty enough.
2022-1-11
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Polls are totally worthless on a forum! DJI offers two choices gowith one and be done!
2022-1-11
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

Currently, I have 3 from the Fly More Combo, but I’d like to have a fourth,. That way I can be charging all four at the same time, 3 in the hub, 1 in the Mini2,
. All 4 fitting in the DJI shoulder bag.
2022-1-11
Use props
MatthewwBrennan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 859619 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I find 3 to usually be more than enough. Normally I use 1 to "scout" the area for the best angles, 1 for video footage, and 1 for photos.
2022-1-14
Use props
Rider51
lvl.1
United States

I owe three, as I bought the fly more package. I found myself rarely using two full batteries at any time. About a month ago, one of the batteries crapped out, and I haven't found the need to replace it yet.
2022-1-18
Use props
djiuser_bd_/Shahriar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73809 ft
Bangladesh

3 is okay with me
2022-1-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HighInBC Posted at 2021-12-22 22:23
I use the original bag that comes with the fly-more kit. I have the 3 that came with it and they are stored in the charging hub. I do want to get a 4th one to live inside of the drone though as that seems like wasted space right now.

That being said I have had lots of good times flying and not yet ran out of batteries. Most of my flights are about 5-10 minutes so I get multiple flights per battery. I think as I get more confident I will fly farther and longer though.

Heck just because you have space you don’t have to fill it
2022-1-19
Use props
Macked
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Have 4 use 3, if I'm not quick enough to switch on phone charging barely use 2.
2022-2-3
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152644 ft
Finland

3, it is more than enough for me. Thing is that you should store them with low charge level as they hate to be stored full and will be auto discharged anyways, so you still can fly quite a bit even though you did not charge batteries before you go. With 3x full batt's thre is a tons of flying time.
2022-2-11
Use props
Troublesbrewin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142231 ft
United States

I’ve got 3 from the fly more package, I’ve used all three on several occasions and I was ready to leave. It was 30 degrees so my fingers were pretty much numb, I’ll need more when the weather warms.
2022-2-11
Use props
JacktheRipper
lvl.2

United States

Two with the Costco deal, and two with the triple charger I bought. Max usage is 2 for now...
2022-3-6
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

I bought the "Fly-more-combo" and also have three batteries from the older Mavic Mini and it also work for the Mini 2. Totally six batteries and I have never use all of them on the same day.
2022-3-9
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

What are you all doing with your drone needing all 3 - 4 batteries a day?   

_________
Toronto Wedding Stories
Wedding Cinematography
www.torontoweddingstories.ca
_________
2022-4-1
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I haven't had the opportunity to put many flight hours in yet, but nice weather is approaching quickly ;-)

I'm a hobby flyer.  So far the 3 batteries included with the combo seem sufficient.  If I anticipate additional flight, I just keep charging the other two while flying.  That may result in a brief break, but you can't eat and fly at the same time anyway :-)
2022-4-6
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

TWStories Posted at 4-1 05:33
What are you all doing with your drone needing all 3 - 4 batteries a day?   

We do quite a lot of surveying and mapping for our clients, in one session, our drone will travel 5-10 miles doing mapping and photogrammetry.
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Didn't really need it (of course, I don't need the drone to begin with), but there are a few folks selling open box batteries on eBay for cheap ...   Just picked up a "new" battery (charge count indicates 2) for under $30 shipped from an "authorized DJI seller".  Nice weather is finally approaching - I plan on putting it to good use!
2022-4-15
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

Hawkeye Dronography Posted at 4-15 06:28
We do quite a lot of surveying and mapping for our clients, in one session, our drone will travel 5-10 miles doing mapping and photogrammetry.

That sounds really interesting.  At least you have a good reason to play with a drone for an extended period of time

_________
Toronto Wedding Stories
Wedding Cinematography
www.torontoweddingstories.ca
_________
2022-4-20
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I’ve got 4 but it’s rare that I use them all at one spot. I video boats along the St Lawrence River as a hobby and if , say a passenger ship or something unusual comes along, I might ‘chase’ it and shoot it at a couple of locations.
I’ve got 3 for the MA2 and 4 for the P4P.
2022-5-22
Use props
inventorArtist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 958717 ft
Canada

I have 12, but I have two Mini 2's.
2022-5-22
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-19 23:43
Heck just because you have space you don’t have to fill it

You and I are very different people.
2022-5-22
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

inventorArtist Posted at 5-22 19:49
I have 12, but I have two Mini 2's.

Hey, I know you!!
2022-5-23
Use props
inventorArtist
lvl.2
Canada

haha, yeah, I suppose you're still flying your Phantom? I've switched to Mini 2.
2022-5-24
Use props
inventorArtist
lvl.2
Canada

I'm going flying every second say approximately. Let me know if you want to go.
2022-5-24
Use props
Quaxo76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 479386 ft

Italy

I have 5 batteries, on two 3-battery chargers.
There are two different situations where I use all of them:
- if I do photogrammetry work (I've flown more than 40km on one single outing, and that takes quite a lot of electricity)
- If I'm traveling, and visit many different places. Say I use the drone for a few minutes at a location, so a full battery gets depleted to say 40%. But at the next location, I don't really like to start a flight with only 40% left on the battery. So I'll use a fully charged one. Then back at the hotel, I'll top them all up by "cascading" the two charging stations...
2022-5-24
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

inventorArtist Posted at 5-24 15:01
I'm going flying every second say approximately. Let me know if you want to go.

Absolutely!
I still have the old Phantom, and an Obsidian, haven’t flown them for about 3 years. I got a Mini 2 and I love it.
I don’t live in the city any more but I’d love to come in some time for a flight.
2022-5-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules