Action 2 as a webcam? Clean output? Charging via USB-C?
13132 13 2021-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M#FLyVqQChjH8
New

France

Hi all,

before I take the plunge to buy it, has anyone tested the Action 2 as a webcam? I don't mean streaming via the app, but instead connected via USB-C to a software like OBS?

Does it work at all? Does it have a clean output, ie. no battery / resoultion overlays on the image?

Thanks all!
2021-12-15
Use props
M#FLyVqQChjH8
New

France

surprising that there is no documentation about this!
2021-12-15
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

On a PC running Windows 11, I have been able to use the Action 2 as a webcam successfully without any overlays at all, however currently it can not do audio - so you will need a separate microphone.  I believe DJI are currently investigating whether audio capabilities can be implemented in a future firmware update, but I have no further information on this.
2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there M#FLyVqQChjH8. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on DJI Action 2 | File Transfer & Webcam. Thank you.

2021-12-15
Use props
M#FLyVqQChjH8
New

France

edwardquan Posted at 12-15 15:09
On a PC running Windows 11, I have been able to use the Action 2 as a webcam successfully without any overlays at all, however currently it can not do audio - so you will need a separate microphone.  I believe DJI are currently investigating whether audio capabilities can be implemented in a future firmware update, but I have no further information on this.

ok great, have you used OBS or just straight to zoom/skype
2021-12-16
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

M#FLyVqQChjH8 Posted at 12-16 02:25
ok great, have you used OBS or just straight to zoom/skype

I've used it straight to Zoom/Skype - Windows recognises it as a camera, so although I haven't used the OBS software, if it can detect cameras then it should detect the Action 2 without any issues.

Just remember (for now at least) you will need a separate microphone
2021-12-16
Use props
Nikke
New
Finland

Well i have issue with my DJI Action 2 on windows 11 when i choose webcam nothing happens lol.

Edited. It worked like few hours on first try but it had some major flickering. After i booted my computer now my windows does not regonize it anymore.
2022-6-16
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

Disconnect and connect the camera again (to get to select the "webcam" instead of "file transfer" option).

Once, I had to leave the camera off for a bit before it would get picked up by the PC.
2022-6-16
Use props
Nikke
New
Finland

fish sticks Posted at 6-16 19:44
Disconnect and connect the camera again (to get to select the "webcam" instead of "file transfer" option).

Once, I had to leave the camera off for a bit before it would get picked up by the PC.

Got it working now thanks! But do you faced flickering my camera constatly flickers like every 5-6 seconds
2022-6-17
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

Nikke Posted at 6-17 01:37
Got it working now thanks! But do you faced flickering my camera constatly flickers like every 5-6 seconds

Hi, I haven't seen flickering or other issues when in web cam mode.

My best guess would be to check the connection: is the cable attached well to both camera and PC? are you using a usb hub you can bypass to see if it causes problems?
2022-6-18
Use props
Marianook
lvl.1
Italy

We open all reports to the support, for the various errors
2022-6-28
Use props
NightLifeUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi the problem i have using it as an otg camera conected too my smartphone via the usbc port is that the stablisation doesnt work and it and the picture is horably fisheyed try moving it around in webcam mode and youl see what i mean. is there anyway of fixing this.cheers
2022-8-6
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I'm using it as web cam for house security when we travel to monitor how our cat is doing. But the camera goes to black picture after about 20 hours of working and it need to be restarted, ie to unplug and plug the usb cable.
It's windows 10 and all power saving settings are turned off. Still the camera image dissapears in less than a day. Any thougths?
2022-12-4
Use props
fans77eda964
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204104 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-15 19:29
Hello there M#FLyVqQChjH8. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on DJI Action 2 | File Transfer & Webcam. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQJMJ9vOgw

Hello, on MAC Ventura 13, DJI Action 2 does not work. When connected, the webcam or transfer files menu does not appear. What I can do? Thanks
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules