Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 simultaneous multi-chargers are out
1084 13 2021-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-15
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

i don't understand why the multi charger is just charging one by one you pay 5 ground for a premium drone and you don't even get a simultaneous charger. Am i missing something ?
2021-12-15
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which manufacturers?
2021-12-16
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

LOL, DAFlys, LMGTFY...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mavic+3+charger
2021-12-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've seen the damage that knockoff chargers can do to phones and laptops, so I think the idea of buying one of those is just madness.
2021-12-16
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 12-16 01:59
I've seen the damage that knockoff chargers can do to phones and laptops, so I think the idea of buying one of those is just madness.

A very valid point.
2021-12-16
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have these chargers for  Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, and Mavic 2 Pro, they all work great and are much faster to charge multiple batteries  than the sequential charging hubs from DJI. However, I recently bought one other charger made by the same company for the Mavic 2; which offers a storage charge mode, and a discharge mode. Most importantly, this other charger can also be powered by a 12V cigarette lighter plug, which makes charging at the field easily doable. So I will wait for the same version for the Mavic 3.
2021-12-16
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

I have the blue aluminium model for my Mavic Pro's bought new/other 18 months ago for £17, no problems with it at all. However the first ones were not Earthed/Grounded although they were fitted with a 3 pin connector, the mains lead is Earthed but not the charger its self, (mine wasn't Earthed, simple job to Earth), I suggest you check it is Earthed if anyone has purchased the blue aluminium chargers.
2021-12-16
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 12-16 06:32
I have the blue aluminium model for my Mavic Pro's bought new/other 18 months ago for £17, no problems with it at all. However the first ones were not Earthed/Grounded although they were fitted with a 3 pin connector, the mains lead is Earthed but not the charger its self, (mine wasn't Earthed, simple job to Earth), I suggest you check it is Earthed if anyone has purchased the blue aluminium chargers.

Oh, that is a pet hate. A device that looks safe - metal case, earthed - but it dangerous as balls. All it takes is something to bridge live to the case and you've got a death trap.

Good find and fix. Out of interest, did the case feel "buzzy" before you fixed it? Lots of unearthed aluminium devices have that effect. Or maybe you're a PAT tester for a day job
2021-12-16
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nicodema Posted at 12-16 07:26
Oh, that is a pet hate. A device that looks safe - metal case, earthed - but it dangerous as balls. All it takes is something to bridge live to the case and you've got a death trap.

Good find and fix. Out of interest, did the case feel "buzzy" before you fixed it? Lots of unearthed aluminium devices have that effect. Or maybe you're a PAT tester for a day job

Hi, how funny you ask about feeling  buzzing, I'm a retired electrician and when I was 15 I was told/shown to put the back of my hand gently on any metal item to see if there was any leakage, haven't thought of that for donkeys years,
I found something on the Internet regarding these chargers not being earthed and of course there's YouTube videos on how to Earth them up if people aren't sure. Remember some metal items don't need an earth as they are double insulated but then there will be the symbol on it, it's a SQUARE WITHIN A SQUARE
Some sales listing state they have been upgraded to connect the earth, but still needs checking for peace of mind.
2021-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 12-16 01:59
I've seen the damage that knockoff chargers can do to phones and laptops, so I think the idea of buying one of those is just madness.

Lots of dodgy chargers out there, I have a similar charger with Fuji camera, just charge the ones in the drone and one another in charging block and I usually have 2 charged in just over 70 minutes.
2021-12-16
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 12-16 07:51
Hi, how funny you ask about feeling  buzzing, I'm a retired electrician and when I was 15 I was told/shown to put the back of my hand gently on any metal item to see if there was any leakage, haven't thought of that for donkeys years,
I found something on the Internet regarding these chargers not being earthed and of course there's YouTube videos on how to Earth them up if people aren't sure. Remember some metal items don't need an earth as they are double insulated but then there will be the symbol on it, it's a SQUARE WITHIN A SQUARE
Some sales listing state they have been upgraded to connect the earth, but still needs checking for peace of mind.

Yeah true, I've never liked metal cased double insulated devices. Requires so much better design than plastic DI units.

Fun fact for you. Apple MacBook power supplies are only earthed if you use the cable attachment rather than the direct plug attachment. This means that if you do run off a PSU that's plugged directly into the socket, the satin aluminium finish feels like it's vibrating as you run your fingers over it. The leakage is absolutely tiny, but you feel it as clear as day. Annoying, since the 13A plug has a metal earth pin, but they omitted the contact where it fits the PSU. Muppets.
2021-12-16
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nicodema Posted at 12-16 09:24
Yeah true, I've never liked metal cased double insulated devices. Requires so much better design than plastic DI units.

Fun fact for you. Apple MacBook power supplies are only earthed if you use the cable attachment rather than the direct plug attachment. This means that if you do run off a PSU that's plugged directly into the socket, the satin aluminium finish feels like it's vibrating as you run your fingers over it. The leakage is absolutely tiny, but you feel it as clear as day. Annoying, since the 13A plug has a metal earth pin, but they omitted the contact where it fits the PSU. Muppets.

Most people either wouldn't notice or think it normal, When I was was fitting metal double insulated outside lights or the like I always popped and earth on if possible, (to be sure to be sure) old school.
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules