Battery life?
1367 4 2021-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc70
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

If I stop recording during a flight, will that help to extend my flight?
I'm asking because I flew a little too far, and to make it back I switched from normal to sport mode, and stopped recording, hoping I'd make back to my home spot.
(Ended up the road in neighbour's driveway.)
2021-12-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Your best battery time is in normal mode, no recording. Sport eats battery much quicker.
2021-12-16
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

I am new to the DJI Mini 2 my experience so far is if you return to home RTH when warned your low on battery it makes it back home 100% of the time safely, GREAT DESIGN and feature Team DJI thanks.
Sport mode eats batteries avoid it unless you want to go fast and eat batteries.

One time I used the RTH feature after it landed it hit me had I simply just drove down the road 1/2 mile I could have saved the mile of fly time and had another 8 minutes (guessing) of fly/recording time. Try and plan your flights, put lots of thought into each flight, visualize the whole flight plan, Duration, Height, Distance, Wind conditions, I try to think of each flight as a movie I am creating and I am the Director,  few flights I have even written a script for mainly because I am a Drone Dummy so I script it out so I do not forget things like a pre flight check, position to the sun, wind direction, elevation considerations etc. .

Windy conditions uses a lot of battery as the drone is fighting to maintain and adjust stability more, the motors are constantly accelerating decelerating to stabilize flight, might be calm on the ground but fighting upper air currents...

2021-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there marc70. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As posted above it would be best to use normal mode to fly your DJI Mini 2 for you to be able to maximize the use of your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery. For reference the DJI Mini 2 has a Maximum Flight Time of 31 mins. ( measured while flying at 4.7 m/s in windless conditions ). Thank you.
2021-12-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't know if stopping filming will make it last much longer.
Never tested it.
2021-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules