Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Many used MINI 2 for sale?
5969 27 2021-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bitless
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495538 ft
Sweden

Many used MINI 2 for sale?

Why are there so many used DJI Mini 2 drones that have only been flown for a few hours?
2021-12-16
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you put this in the Mini 2 section you may get some other replies.
2021-12-16
Use props
The Bitless
lvl.4
Sweden

Many used MINI 2 for sale, why?

Why are there so many used DJI Mini 2 drones that have only been flown for a few hours?
2021-12-16
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Maybe people changed minds? If it is only a few hours you should be able to get a large discount form the new price. Just make sure the unit is not damaged. I doubt there are major issues with mini2 that make people want to give up after a few hours.
2021-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I find odd how many Mini 2s you see for sale without the controller,   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18520 ... :g:TEgAAOSwJixhkXX8

Are these lost drones people are selling?
2021-12-17
Use props
The Bitless
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 12-17 01:42
I find odd how many Mini 2s you see for sale without the controller,   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185200554121?hash=item2b1ed03089:g:TEgAAOSwJixhkXX8

OK.
Good, I've not seen that before.
I note this now, thanks for the info
I add to my check list.

Merry Christmas
DvLQNlMX0AADvSU.jpg
2021-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Bitless Posted at 12-17 03:06
OK.

Now that is a bit weird.
2021-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK.

Now that's a really creative setup.  
2021-12-17
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

OK.

How does it take corners?  Nice project!
2021-12-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys, often more can be made by breaking up a combo and selling off the individual parts than can be made selling the combo as a complete unit. Just after Curries had a good offer on the Mavic Mini (when the MM was hot stuff) ebay was awash with parts from combo.
2021-12-21
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

People waiting for a stable app. and not flying in fear of it flying away or crashing.   I haven't flown since May, now the app sounds like it's up to par and the weather is not.
2021-12-22
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

DAFlys Posted at 12-17 01:42
I find odd how many Mini 2s you see for sale without the controller,   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185200554121?hash=item2b1ed03089:g:TEgAAOSwJixhkXX8

This one is really odd. I don't think the one in the link is a lost drone (that some one found somewhere) as it still has the prop and gimbal guards. I have seen the opposite quite a lot though, especially with Minis; I mean the whole package for sale without the drone/batery itself. Of course that makes sense since Minis are beginner drones that get crashed/lost a lot...
2021-12-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Bitless Posted at 12-16 13:33

Why are there so many used DJI Mini 2 drones that have only been flown for a few hours?

I could see one scenario. The Mini 2 uses the newest controller. If, for example, someone wanted a new A2s, they could buy a bare one on eBay and use their old Mini 2 controller. That is similar to what I did.
2021-12-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-17 04:28
Now that is a bit weird.

Well, it's obviously a racing bike. Look how the tires are so close to the frame ;-)
2021-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 12-22 19:54
This one is really odd. I don't think the one in the link is a lost drone (that some one found somewhere) as it still has the prop and gimbal guards. I have seen the opposite quite a lot though, especially with Minis; I mean the whole package for sale without the drone/batery itself. Of course that makes sense since Minis are beginner drones that get crashed/lost a lot...

Ive seen a few selling which looked more found than that one.  But I still find it a bit odd.
2021-12-23
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 02:02
Ive seen a few selling which looked more found than that one.  But I still find it a bit odd.

Definitely interesting... It would be nice to know why...
2021-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you think they are "found" drones then ask for a screen shot of the flight history summary page to be added to the advert or messaged to you. Check the seller's other items. Or simply ask the seller if it is their drone or a "found" etc.
With Mavic Minis I have seen several sellers declare that they were 'founds', whether they should be selling such an item is open to debate but they were.
2021-12-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-22 20:18
I could see one scenario. The Mini 2 uses the newest controller. If, for example, someone wanted a new A2s, they could buy a bare one on eBay and use their old Mini 2 controller. That is similar to what I did.

I was going to say the same thing.  They purchased the Mini 2 then decided they want the Air and just purchase the drone since they already have a compatible controller.
2021-12-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Going back to this drone without controller topic, excluding people who upgraded the issue is somewhat perplexing.  

It would make sense that the there are more Mini 2s found than other drones based on sales and number of flights.  I would assume it is the first real drone many people get as the price is so reasonable for the features and performance.  Couple the lack of experience with sheer number of drones and it would make sense to have a large number of lost drones found.  In addition, the Mini 2 in the US does not have to be registered and tagged which would mean if a drone was found a person would have no way to find the owner.  Most new drone operators think it will be easy to fly a drone and end up in a situation where the drone is lost before gaining the first hand experience that things do go wrong and did not have the foresight to put a phone number on the drone.

Early on there were a lot of reported flyaways with the Mini and Mini 2.  Many of these came down to experienced pilots and poor judgment.  
2021-12-23
Use props
The Bitless
lvl.4
Sweden

Visual Air Posted at 12-16 10:37
If you put this in the Mini 2 section you may get some other replies.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm on the balcony setting up the Christmas lights.
Merry Christmas pilot, Hi Hi Ho Ho
bäst.jpg
2021-12-23
Use props
The Bitless
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 12-17 04:28
Now that is a bit weird.

Thanks for the reply.
bäst.jpg
2021-12-23
Use props
The Bitless
lvl.4
Sweden

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-23 11:18
Going back to this drone without controller topic, excluding people who upgraded the issue is somewhat perplexing.  

It would make sense that the there are more Mini 2s found than other drones based on sales and number of flights.  I would assume it is the first real drone many people get as the price is so reasonable for the features and performance.  Couple the lack of experience with sheer number of drones and it would make sense to have a large number of lost drones found.  In addition, the Mini 2 in the US does not have to be registered and tagged which would mean if a drone was found a person would have no way to find the owner.  Most new drone operators think it will be easy to fly a drone and end up in a situation where the drone is lost before gaining the first hand experience that things do go wrong and did not have the foresight to put a phone number on the drone.

Thanks for the reply.
bäst.jpg
2021-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Bitless Posted at 12-23 12:42
Thanks for the reply.
I'm on the balcony setting up the Christmas lights.

wow.   Be careful up there.   
2021-12-24
Use props
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

I had noticed this, too. Lots of barely used Mini 2s on ebay. The explanation is simple. The Mini 2 is a very accessible drone. You buy one on a whim thinking "This'll be great!". Then find you don't actually use it that much and you were never much of a photographer anyway.
2021-12-24
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Would it be something to do with the replacement drones from the DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan (DJI Mini 2) for $79? All three of them?
2021-12-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't see why that would be the case unless the seller had decided to separate the controller etc., a care refresh replacement entails sending the original back, it's not a simple purchase for $79.
2021-12-24
Use props
The Bitless
lvl.4
Sweden

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 12-21 10:29
How does it take corners?  Nice project!

Hihi, this bike was built to run 402.33 m only
2021-12-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

They wanted the 2S probably.
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced