So DJI is now banned in USA officially: what's next
5328 4 2021-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarvinFS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696204 ft
Russia

As you all may know US government added DJI to Commerce blacklist very recently, so it's officially banned now.

US is one of the major markets for the company I believe, so I wonder what's next?
How that'll affect things specifically with new gorgeous Mavic 3 and it's improvements.
Are we still allowed to use the product in North America? What about EU countries? As they will surely follow...
Should we worry if DJI drones will be confiscated on customs as potential national security threat on arrival from abroad?
2021-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only banned for investments not for products.
2021-12-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It won't make any difference to anything.
Try reading the story rather than making up your own.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/ ... intl-hnk/index.html
2021-12-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I mean, we are so close to WW3 for many reasons unknown to the mass public but known at the highest levels, the banning of DJI should be the least of the potential issues arising.  I think the invasion of Taiwan and Ukraine at the same time is just an issue to kick off WW3 as it should drag in the United States elevating the issues to turn what looks unfathomable and unjustifiable now into justifiable.  I think they are just waiting on Iran to get a nuke.  North Korea is already supplied to hit South East Asia.  Who knows how many positions (subs) are already in place (to hit regions such as Australia as already said on the news by China months ago).  There was news saying Russia already is doing full Cyber warfare but that doesn't seem so true.  Perhaps all the "bugs" are installed and ready to open, just waiting for the signal.  Trust and ignorance is how to make it in the world.  People die out over many unexpected things.  Having an outlook of living forever on Earth is great and sane but isn't actual reality.

Everything is done to satisfy the meantime.  It's a constant grind of maintenance that Always has to happen while alive on Earth.

2021-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It bans Americans investing in DJI.  However, DJI and seven other companies were already on the US entity list, which means they are barred from buying US products or importing American technology without a special license.  So at this time, no ban on importing DJI products to the US.  Things could change rather quickly though.  
2021-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules