Action 2 with iPhone 7 Plus
2382 5 2021-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
funKdatFPV
lvl.1

United States

I purchased the action 2 a few days ago and having major issues with it connecting to my Iphone 7 plus.  I chatted with support who had me input some wifi information(IPV4) and I was able to connect for that one time, but once the unit was powered off it stopped connecting.

Searching through forums and things I have did the following with no success:

Turning off celluar data in the iphones settings for the DJI Mimo app
Swapping from 5.8 to 2.4 frequency
Resetting the WIFI connection
Doing a factory reset on the camera
Reinstalling the app several times
Installing the app on my wifes Iphone 6s and it worked with no issues.  Why does it work on her phone but not the Iphone 7 plus?   

No matter what I do it will not connect.  

What can I do to get this resolved?  My Iphone has IOS 15.2.  
2021-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there funKdatFPV. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 7 Plus ) that your are using on your DJI Action 2 and on the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI camera and DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 7 Plus will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application and for the DJI Action 2 we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Action 2 application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-12-18
Use props
fans962720d6
New

Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-18 16:25
Hello there funKdatFPV. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 7 Plus ) that your are using on your DJI Action 2 and on the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI camera and DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 7 Plus will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application and for the DJI Action 2 we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Action 2 application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Hi have this issue been resolved ?
I just recently bought an action 2 and also having the same issue connecting it to my iPhone 7 Plus.
I think DJI should have a label to prewarn potential buyers about compatibility issues.
2022-3-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Is this anything related to the problems - and fix - in this thread?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D771%26typeid%3D771
2022-3-9
Use props
fans962720d6
New

Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-18 16:25

Hi have this issue been resolved ?
I just recently bought an action 2 and also having the same issue connecting it to my iPhone 7 Plus.
I think DJI should have a label to prewarn potential buyers about compatibility issues.
2022-3-9
Use props
chrisn997
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710003 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will this iPhone 7 and 7+ issue be resolved?
2022-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules