Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello All,

On Mavic 3 I am finding that I have a red icon in all modes that my vision sensors are not available.  I have started/restarated drone and app, and done an IMU calibration.  What am I missing?  This was outdoors in bright, no clouds.  Do I have a mavic 3 in need of service?  All updates done.

2021-12-17
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happens to me at dusk, but not during the bright day.
2021-12-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 12-17 17:52
It happens to me at dusk, but not during the bright day.

Thank you.  The only thing different today for me was that there was an update for the DJI Fly app on android that was prompted from within the application.  

It was bright so I'm just not getting it.
2021-12-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The message about the sensors :

FWD and BKWD unavailable
LEFT/RIGHT unavailable
UP/DOWN unavailable
2021-12-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Where you in flight? the sensors only come on when the drone has lifted off, if you are still on the ground it will be off.
2021-12-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we confirm that when this error message was prompted? When the aircraft is placed on the ground, vision sensors will automatically turn off to save power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, vision sensors will turn on. Please rest assured to use it.
2021-12-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-17 22:33
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we confirm that when this error message was prompted? When the aircraft is placed on the ground, vision sensors will automatically turn off to save power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, vision sensors will turn on. Please rest assured to use it.

They are on in flight.  All modes.  Cannot get them to turn on.
2021-12-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

So strangely enough, my vision sensors are now working (today.)

So I guess it is all good. : )
2021-12-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you take off. I noticed they don't come on until you start to fly which is different then previous drones.
2021-12-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 12-20 21:34
Make sure you take off. I noticed they don't come on until you start to fly which is different then previous drones.

@BrianKushner Good point.  I did not mention it in my original posting, but yes, I was flying, and once I noticed that the vision sensors showed unavailable, I continued to fly and test in mutiple modes.  I did several landings, a battery swap, switched modes (many times), restarted the controller, did an IMU calibration (not sure if this was even related) and still nothing I did that day changed my vision sensors.  

The next day, they worked and have worked ever since. So I am thinking software was fighting me.  But I will never figure out root cause it appears.  
2021-12-21
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Only a few things can turn the sensors off so check them all off:

-In the DJI Fly App, in the menus, make sure you are in either Brake or Bypass mode. You can disable the sensors in the safety menu, and they will stay off, so make sure you haven't disabled them in the safety menu in the DJY Fly App. I suspect you know this though but this is one way they can be off.

-If you fly in sport mode the sensors go off. Sensors only work in Cine and Normal flight modes, so make sure you are not in sport mode. Again I suspect you already know this one but this is again what would cause your issue.

-As mentioned, if you are NOT actively in flight, the sensors are off no matter the menu setting or flight mode as mentioned above. Sensors simply don't turn on while the aircraft is not flying.

-The last reason the sensors disable is in poor / Low light. If the light is deemed to be too low, the drone will disable the vision system as it cant function properly in those conditions. I have noticed this will trigger even on really cloudy days where its just not very bright outside. This is the one I suspect may have caused your issue, unless you can verify you were having the issue on a sunny day. If it was a bright day and you had this issue, I would inspect the sensors, maybe even take a little micro fiber cloth and gently clean them. Generally it is a good idea to not touch the sensors with your hands if you can help it as you just transfer grease / dirt/ oil to the sensor.

If you figure out what your issue was specifically please post and let us know
2021-12-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 12-21 06:40

-In the DJI Fly App, in the menus, make sure you are in either Brake or Bypass mode. You can disable the sensors in the safety menu, and they will stay off, so make sure you haven't disabled them in the safety menu in the DJY Fly App. I suspect you know this though but this is one way they can be off.

Thank you @Tornado12 - Yes, I was outdoors in the arizona sunshine at noon, so light was not an issue.  I cycled through all the modes, bypass/brake/off and of course flew in cine/postitioning/sport.  Nothing was activating those sensors.  I am chalking this one up to a bizarre software glitch because the very next day, it works as expected.  

All working now.
2021-12-21
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-21 07:08
Thank you @Tornado12 - Yes, I was outdoors in the arizona sunshine at noon, so light was not an issue.  I cycled through all the modes, bypass/brake/off and of course flew in cine/postitioning/sport.  Nothing was activating those sensors.  I am chalking this one up to a bizarre software glitch because the very next day, it works as expected.  

All working now.

Still a bit concerning. Ive never had this happen personally but if I was in your shoes I would be really leary about the true cause. If the sensors were in fact off (and not just showing as off on your phone when they were in fact on in the drone) then that would be a drone issue I would think. Id be curious if the sensors were actually off. I think if it happens again I would go into brake mode, and fly slowly toward a wall and see if it stops. If it does not stop, then that means the sensors were definitely off in the drone. I think that is more than just an app issue
2021-12-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 12-21 07:45
Still a bit concerning. Ive never had this happen personally but if I was in your shoes I would be really leary about the true cause. If the sensors were in fact off (and not just showing as off on your phone when they were in fact on in the drone) then that would be a drone issue I would think. Id be curious if the sensors were actually off. I think if it happens again I would go into brake mode, and fly slowly toward a wall and see if it stops. If it does not stop, then that means the sensors were definitely off in the drone. I think that is more than just an app issue

Agreed.  If it happens again, I am going to pay more attention to the actual drone behavior with the sensors.  The app warnings distracted me a bit away from the actual drone.  
2021-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 12-18 23:13
So strangely enough, my vision sensors are now working (today.)

So I guess it is all good. : )

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. It's good to know that the issue disappeared. May we know whether the issue ever recurred thereafter?
2021-12-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-26 19:39
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. It's good to know that the issue disappeared. May we know whether the issue ever recurred thereafter?

Well, it has not happened again.  I have done many daytime flights and not had the issue again.  Due to Christmas lights nighttime shooting, I have of course had some nighttime flights and I expect it to not work then.  But every daytime flight has been good.  

Thank you for checking back!
2021-12-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 12-26 20:52
Well, it has not happened again.  I have done many daytime flights and not had the issue again.  Due to Christmas lights nighttime shooting, I have of course had some nighttime flights and I expect it to not work then.  But every daytime flight has been good.  

Thank you for checking back!

Thanks for your feedback. If you have any questions, please tell us.
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_gcFhQAaih7Wc
New

Mozambique

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-12-17 22:33

I just bought the mavic 3. I flew it and it worked fine. Then the 2nd time, it stopped with an error message that the  vision sensor is unavailable. Fwd(bkwrd , up and down, cleft and right are not working. It’s not working in flight after take off. I’m so desperate for help as I’m on holiday and will like to get amazing footage before I leave In 2 days. Any ideas on how to solve it please?

2022-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gcFhQAaih7Wc Posted at 3-13 14:34
I just bought the mavic 3. I flew it and it worked fine. Then the 2nd time, it stopped with an error message that the  vision sensor is unavailable. Fwd(bkwrd , up and down, cleft and right are not working. It’s not working in flight after take off. I’m so desperate for help as I’m on holiday and will like to get amazing footage before I leave In 2 days. Any ideas on how to solve it please?

I never had the issue again following that one time.  Make sure your Fly app is updated.  Try again and see.  I literally had the problem happen and every flight, even after battery changes had the same problem.  And then next day did not have it, and never have again.

Good luck!!!
2022-3-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_gcFhQAaih7Wc Posted at 3-13 14:34
I just bought the mavic 3. I flew it and it worked fine. Then the 2nd time, it stopped with an error message that the  vision sensor is unavailable. Fwd(bkwrd , up and down, cleft and right are not working. It’s not working in flight after take off. I’m so desperate for help as I’m on holiday and will like to get amazing footage before I leave In 2 days. Any ideas on how to solve it please?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know this issue still persists now?
2022-3-14
Use props
gonurigo
New

Turkey

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-14 01:48
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know this issue still persists now?

yes persists in mavic 3. please help
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

gonurigo Posted at 8-31 11:36
yes persists in mavic 3. please help

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell me more details? Or may we have screenshots or videos to have a look in order to better help you?
2022-8-31
Use props
fans6592c4ed
New
United States

Suren Posted at 2021-12-17 18:55
Where you in flight? the sensors only come on when the drone has lifted off, if you are still on the ground it will be off.

Thx, I did not know this either about my Air 3 Pro.
2022-9-5
Use props
craigw0lv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328645 ft
United States

I am having the same problem, they will not turn on even in flight
2022-11-4
Use props
Arne mini 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140935 ft
Norway

I have the same problem. Sensors turns of when start flying. Its not turned of in settings.
2022-11-19
Use props
Sacco204
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same Problem. I did all the update. after take off, the sensors are still off. I would be happy to get your opinion.

FWD and BKWD unavailable
LEFT/RIGHT unavailable
UP/DOWN unavailable
2022-12-16
Use props
StuDaMan
lvl.1

Austria

Same happened to me.  All was fine till recently I updated the app and firmware etc.  Everything is up to date but all the sensors not working.  I am travelling overseas and this issue happened at my first flight.  So I wasn't sure if the transport caused it, or the app/firmware upgrades.  I have used my Mavic 3 for last 2 days, always got this warning of "all sensors unavailable".  
Given multiple people is having the issue, it would be nice to know from DJI if it's a software issue or hardware.  
I was flying during the day, so it was in flight with good light etc.  
2022-12-25
Use props
Countrymouser
lvl.1

United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2021-12-17 18:38

FWD and BKWD unavailable

Same here.  AND on my other DJI FLY app Drones.  FIRMWARE issue no doubt.  That way Software and Hardware guys can wash their hands of the problem.
No answers as far as I know, and I'm P'd!!!  I have more than 15K U.S. in DJI equipment.
No more purchases for me. Done!
2023-1-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Countrymouser Posted at 1-17 14:16
Same here.  AND on my other DJI FLY app Drones.  FIRMWARE issue no doubt.  That way Software and Hardware guys can wash their hands of the problem.
No answers as far as I know, and I'm P'd!!!  I have more than 15K U.S. in DJI equipment.
No more purchases for me. Done!

Note that I found the issue went away on it's own.  I don't know if was the drone, the Fly app, or whatever, but this problem went away on my next day of flying and has not come back.
2023-1-17
Use props
Countrymouser
lvl.1

United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2021-12-17 18:38

FWD and BKWD unavailable

Mine two. I hadn’t flown it for about three months. Took it out and it required an update. I updated my Mavic three, now all the sensors don’t work.  Did the same thing to a brand new Mavic mini three pro. Right out of the box, I flew it once. Put it away for a couple days, then took it out, and did the same DJI fly update firmware, now I can’t fly either drone!!! >
2023-1-17
Use props
djiuser_zgIRtHA8Jef3
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-12-17 22:33

It didn’t do that when it was new???? I’m not happy
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_zgIRtHA8Jef3 Posted at 1-22 07:54
It didn’t do that when it was new???? I’m not happy

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
When the aircraft firmware is v01.00.05.00 or a later version,
the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled.
May we know did you upgrade the firmware and if the issue persists after that?
If so, can we have a video to have a look?
2023-1-23
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too have a Mavic 3 and get this in low light.  That’s normal. I took off last night (previously no problems) and immediately after takeoff I get “Downward vision sensor error” and it stayed on the whole flight.  Twice during that flight using autopilot in hyperlapse I got a RC Disconnected and cruise control has stopped message but the Mavic still responded to control input.

On the vision sensors I recommend checking all of the cameras / sensors for fingerprints, dust or smudges.  When picking up, unfolding and placing the drone on the ground for takeoff chances are the glass on these sensors can get dirty and simulate low light conditions.  I clean my optics often.
4C34AE4A-5BBE-4B64-A09F-519A21E7BDF7.png
2023-1-24
Use props
coliwabl1
lvl.2

United States

Tornado12 Posted at 2021-12-21 06:40

-In the DJI Fly App, in the menus, make sure you are in either Brake or Bypass mode. You can disable the sensors in the safety menu, and they will stay off, so make sure you haven't disabled them in the safety menu in the DJY Fly App. I suspect you know this though but this is one way they can be off.

I just received my M3 a few days ago. The setup is different that of the MPP I got new a few years ago. I was stumped by the same issue until I read the replies on this forum. Very helpful information. Thank you!
2023-1-29
Use props
djiuser_7IeO1JkwydCx
lvl.1

United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2022-3-13 19:16
I never had the issue again following that one time.  Make sure your Fly app is updated.  Try again and see.  I literally had the problem happen and every flight, even after battery changes had the same problem.  And then next day did not have it, and never have again.

Good luck!!!

Yep, for me updating the app did the trick.  Would have been nice if DJI Tech Support asked me if I did that before telling me I should just send it in.
2023-2-8
Use props
Hansolo53
New
Flight distance : 635066 ft
Denmark

I have the same problem with my Mavic Classic. Made an IMU calibration indoors and then took it outside to fly. When it took off. the errors disappeared and the sensor was normal again
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hansolo53 Posted at 7-7 01:37
I have the same problem with my Mavic Classic. Made an IMU calibration indoors and then took it outside to fly. When it took off. the errors disappeared and the sensor was normal again

Hi, Hansolo53. Possibly it was due to the lighting condition. The vision sensor may have a hard time working when it's too dark in the location. Or was it placed on the ground when a vision sensor error was showing? because it's normal. However, I'm glad yours was already fixed consider the above-mentioned if the issue persists. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-11
Use props
djiuser_tIM32Snm81nb
New
Pakistan

Hi this is Ahmed. I have unboxed my brand new DJI mavic 3 classic today on 19.07.2023, and updated it after a prompt on dji RC. Upward/downward, forward/backward and left/right unavailable. Why is this so? Plz help me out. Here is the pic of my RC screen.
2023-7-19
Use props
djiuser_CtS0jQViUsj7
New
Flight distance : 301637 ft
Qatar

Yes that is right if low light the sensor not working and too danger , the drone hit me and injured my finger
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_CtS0jQViUsj7
New
Flight distance : 301637 ft
Qatar

Yes that is right if low light the sensor not working and too danger , the drone hit me and injured my finger
2023-12-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules