6430 120 2021-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kabauterman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2703514 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I got my DJI RC Pro last week directly from DJI.

I just got it because my Old Smart Controller doesn't work with the M3 and because DJI Decided to give the same restricted controller
with the MAVIC 3 that they ship with all Drones since the MAVIC AIR 2 / MINI 2. By the way, this controller is not even close to a good fit for a Pro Drone Like the MAVIC 3.

DJI cut the second shoulder wheel of, DJI removed the 5D Stick, DJI removed the back sided buttons and called it an upgrade.
This lets me think that DJI wants all MAVIC 3 Users, who use the Drone almost a little bit as a professional Photo and Video Tool, to get the DJI RC Pro for there needs.
To give people the option to choose something better is not wrong, I got the Smart Controller back in the day because of this reason, but to force Users into buying something so expensive just because they decided to remove functions the MAVIC 2 Remote had to get back the same usability as with the previous dron, that is wrong in my oppinion.

But anyway, I got the RC Pro because I make YouTube Videos about such stuff and It would make a good Review Video.

But as I leanrnd yesterday when I took the M3 and RC Pro for some flight in the snowy montains, even the RC Pro doesn't fix the Problems.

You are NOT able to use RC Pros Shoulder Wheel for ANY Camera Setting Changes it simply has one function, thats Controlling the Zoom in explore Mode.
I don't get who makes such decisions but I can not tell how much I hate it without getting very angry. Explore More Zoom Control, with a PRO CONTROLLER and the ONE AND ONLY Option.

And if that is not enoght, even the 5D Controller can not change settings like Aperture, Shutter Speed or ISO. The only this you are able to change with the RC Pro is the Overall Exposure in AUTO Mode with the +EV -EV Setting of the 5D Button. ON A PRO CONTROLLER you make Changing the EV in Auto the Only option of Camera Setting Change. I can not believe this.

You can not remove the HUD Elements my Swiping up anymore because it wants to start tracking.

You have no more Clean HDMI Feed for the Integrated HDMI Port.

Saving Files to SD doesn't work right now.

The latest firmware didn't change anything.

The Drone costs so much and isn't ready Firmware wise for launch and has basic features missing.
The RC Pro costs so much and isn't ready Firmware wise for launch and has basic features missing.

And then there are so much Problems related to the DJI Fly App.
For just some Examples THERE IS NO SWITCH FOR A INTEGRATED DLOG LUT ANYMORE!
DJI FLY is not Available for Android 12 in Play Store, but Android 12 is out since some months by now.

I don't get it. I know DJI Sends this drones out to influencers and testers months before release.
I can not imagine that nobody told them that the LUT Switch Button is missing.
Flying seeing LOG Footage only sucks so much and not flying in LOG doesn't give me 10-Bit and the Dynamic Range.

I want to know if this all will be fixed,
I want to know when it will be fixed
because if there is no plan to change this I will return the RC Pro, it doesn't have any Value to me,
I bought it because of the buttons and the wheels that I'm used to from my Smart Controller and I can't use them.

The Support Chat told me that they couldn't tell me if this will be fixed but will give it to engeneering.
I assume that I'm far from the only one missing this features and NOT A SINLGE INFLUENCER said anything in there Videos about it.
2021-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info,   just another reason not to upgrade the trusty M2P.   (And dont start me off on the lack of the C Mark.)
2021-12-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just goes to prove that the M3 was rushed to launch to make holiday sales.  
2021-12-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-18
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would identify it as a prosumer, just like most things in this category that do similar things to lower priced versions, but at an increased price and image quality. If you want a pro drone, the Inspire 2 is still available for purchase and I would identify that as the pro choice. In my opinion, the Mavic line won't truly be pro until there are swappable lenses, which is reserved for the Inspire series. I don't know why people are getting the impression that it is a pro drone just because of the price tag. My Canon R5 is a prosumer camera, but I don't expect to call it a pro camera for video. That would be reserved for their cinema line.
2021-12-18
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Am I complaining about the M3 not being Pro or the Controller not being able to deliver what the last version could do?

I don't get your points nothing of this has anything do to with what I just wrote on opening post.
2021-12-18
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287536 ft
  • >>>
United States

erikjsschneider Posted at 12-18 07:41
I would identify it as a prosumer, just like most things in this category that do similar things to lower priced versions, but at an increased price and image quality. If you want a pro drone, the Inspire 2 is still available for purchase and I would identify that as the pro choice. In my opinion, the Mavic line won't truly be pro until there are swappable lenses, which is reserved for the Inspire series. I don't know why people are getting the impression that it is a pro drone just because of the price tag. My Canon R5 is a prosumer camera, but I don't expect to call it a pro camera for video. That would be reserved for their cinema line.

I guess it depends on how you define “pro” and I would say it’s anybody that shoots for hire (and so would the FAA). There are plenty of instances where the mavic line shoots plenty suitable content for clients and it’s portability makes it affordable whereas the inspire line would be cost or logistically prohibitive. Plenty of pros are out there looking for a high quality portable drone to shoot content that is not getting nominated for an Oscar. The M3 was supposed to be the next upgrade for this and it just isn’t ready. The canon R5 is also used by plenty of pros, just maybe not full time cinematographers.
2021-12-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just send the controller back if you are not satisfied with it .....

Some improvements and additions are guaranteed to be expected, but I don't think everyone will get everything you could imagine.
2021-12-18
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 12-18 09:00
Just send the controller back if you are not satisfied with it .....

Some improvements and additions are guaranteed to be expected, but I don't think everyone will get everything you could imagine.

Do you really think I expect to much if I just want back the functionality of the previous version, that was much less expensive, had?

Why don't you even bother to reply if you have nothing to say?
2021-12-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 12-18 05:30
Of course. But people keep calling it a pro drone. It’s not, it’s not advertised as such, nor is it even classified as such in DJIs website. In fact, DJI even specifies to reviewers (like Philip Bloom) that it is *not* a “pro” drone.

The remote is actually titled as a RC Pro!  Even though the drone is consumer status.
2021-12-18
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Magic_Sites Posted at 12-18 08:58
I guess it depends on how you define “pro” and I would say it’s anybody that shoots for hire (and so would the FAA). There are plenty of instances where the mavic line shoots plenty suitable content for clients and it’s portability makes it affordable whereas the inspire line would be cost or logistically prohibitive. Plenty of pros are out there looking for a high quality portable drone to shoot content that is not getting nominated for an Oscar. The M3 was supposed to be the next upgrade for this and it just isn’t ready. The canon R5 is also used by plenty of pros, just maybe not full time cinematographers.

I suppose you could say that. I would say there is definitely a range of pro/prosumer equipment. I'm not bothered if the Mavic 3 has some shortcomings since I'm, not spending nearly $10k on something that I could use on a small to medium sized production. To make the analogy, R5 is to C300, as Mavic 3 Cine, is the Inspire 2.

kabauterman - I hadn't used the previous smart controller. Came from the standard one with the Air 2, so this is much more of a prosumer controller for me. If it is a downgrade for you, then just like others have said, either wait for more firmware updates or stick to the standard controller.
2021-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think but have no idea it will happen that the RC Pro will be brought up to date. I expect some big updates for the app and hopefully they will come soon, and all we can do is bring this to djis attention like you have.
I think if no big improvements are forthcoming in January for both app and craft and controller then many will voice their opinions much louder than they have been doing.
2021-12-18
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

erikjsschneider Posted at 12-18 13:57
I suppose you could say that. I would say there is definitely a range of pro/prosumer equipment. I'm not bothered if the Mavic 3 has some shortcomings since I'm, not spending nearly $10k on something that I could use on a small to medium sized production. To make the analogy, R5 is to C300, as Mavic 3 Cine, is the Inspire 2.

kabauterman - I hadn't used the previous smart controller. Came from the standard one with the Air 2, so this is much more of a prosumer controller for me. If it is a downgrade for you, then just like others have said, either wait for more firmware updates or stick to the standard controller.

I don't really know if you get my point at all.

Like the post under yours, it's too get attention to this topic. If all you do in life is always waiting for it to become better without doing anything for it being better, then good luck.

This post is not for you giving me advice. It's for people facing the same problems to have a place to tell. When nobody is asking why should DJI change something? How will they know. I didn't find a single topic about this here.

And I don't get the analogy at all. Pro's will get the MAVIC 3 because it's basically the best and only drone that delivers the kind of features, flight time and Video quality, that they are allowed to fly legally without a ton of more regulations here in the EU. That's the only reason the M3 is lighter than 900g.

And simply if something is the more then 50% more expensive then predecessor to something, I could imagine that customers assume it can do the same things as the predecessor but it doesn't..
2021-12-18
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree 100% with you. Shame on DJI, for bundling this Toys R Us controller with a prosumer drone, and also for releasing the RC Pro with firmware/Fly app that only provide so little functionalities with the 5D buttons and right scroll wheel. It's a huge step backwards, even compared to a 2016 Mavic Pro standard controller!!!
2021-12-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 12-18 05:30
Of course. But people keep calling it a pro drone. It’s not, it’s not advertised as such, nor is it even classified as such in DJIs website. In fact, DJI even specifies to reviewers (like Philip Bloom) that it is *not* a “pro” drone.

I would call it a Prosumer drone.  But, to each his own.  
2021-12-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kabauterman Posted at 12-18 09:36
Do you really think I expect to much if I just want back the functionality of the previous version, that was much less expensive, had?

Why don't you even bother to reply if you have nothing to say?

I really don't know what you're telling me ...

Shall we all join in your "lament" here?

Everyone may have slightly different wishes and expectations, right?

It is very important to me that I have a bright screen with me, even when the sun is shining, and that everything is ready for use quickly!
Lots of switches (configurable) and cogs (maybe also configurable once).
When I buy something, I do some research beforehand about the features that are offered. Then I decide for it or against it!
If there is any other drone company that will make you happier, buy there ...
Yes, we should express wishes and hope that some of them will be implemented ...
But not informing yourself beforehand and only complaining about "missing" features is no solution ...
2021-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 12-19 11:01

I think the OP is coming from a place where he was an owner user of SC 1 , So he assumed that the standard of this remote would apply and more, to the Pro RC which is now 50% more expensive but now offers him less than the SC did when using with his M2 Pro.

What he’s looking for is not more than what SC offered but for the extra €400 he paid for pro remote to be at least on a par in terms of Software as the former SC1.
Sometimes people whine about not getting more, but he’s rightly complaining about software missing from the Pro RC. For instance with M2P he had the possibility of using scroll wheel to change Aperture or Shutter speed, he no longer has this, yet this is a simple missing item that is hugely important to all photographers or videographers, its something they had with SC and standard controller since 2015 for standard and 2018 for SC.

The specs for Pro remote are indeed on DJI website, but no mention of missing features and also some included features are not in the specs, so if he presumed that having the option of using Aperture/Shutter on a scroll wheel because it was there since 2015 then that’s a mistake all of us can easily make. Other items like color substitute for D-log are pretty much standard on all cameras now including all Mavics.

While I’m not in full agreement regarding the performance of the app, its clear that Pro Remote is seen as well over priced not for what it offers but for what is missing from it, and it beholds us all to put it up to DJI to to correct the clearly missing software .

2021-12-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 11:49
I think the OP is coming from a place where he was an owner user of SC 1 , So he assumed that the standard of this remote would apply and more, to the Pro RC which is now 50% more expensive but now offers him less than the SC did when using with his M2 Pro.

What he’s looking for is not more than what SC offered but for the extra €400 he paid for pro remote to be at least on a par in terms of Software as the former SC1.

100% The OP's expectations are only reasonable.
2021-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 12-19 12:02
100% The OP's expectations are only reasonable.

Well my expectations are higher than the OP, particularly because this was a huge price hike .
2021-12-19
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 12-19 11:01

It seems like your use of the Controller is very different then mine, and it seems like you didn't have the SC 1 paired with a M2P, or never used it for some more well thought Photo or Video.

So, if my guess is right, why do you think that you need to answer here if the things I'm saying do not apply for your use case.

Like the comment under yours say exactly. I do not even want a single bit more then the SC 1 could do, but even that is to much asked at the moment. If you are okay with this, then well go your way and leave it like it is, why do you bother to comment here? To tell me I should be okay with it too?

I think I made some points that even people could relate that never used the SC1 and I simply don't get whats the point of your comments at all. Just having everything ready to go and a bright screen is not all the SC did offer and not even close to all what the RC Pro did offer. Okay I should just send it back like you say, but I want it, I want it with at least the same functionality then the SC 1 had and not like a 350€ more expensive downgrade.
2021-12-19
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 11:49

What he’s looking for is not more than what SC offered but for the extra €400 he paid for pro remote to be at least on a par in terms of Software as the former SC1.
I'd agree. Seems like he had high expectations, which is fine. Coming off more hostile than I would expect seemed a little rude but I understand that one may be angry if they're not satisfied with the feature to cost ratio in comparison to a previous generation. My expectations were lower than yours and his because I came from an Air 2 lol. It's all good, just hope 2022 will bring some neat enhancements and fixes. It's ridiculously cold around here right now so flying my drone right now isn't first priority currently. It'll start getting nice in about 4 or so months again so they have some time for me to be impressed.
2021-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

erikjsschneider Posted at 12-19 13:59
I'd agree. Seems like he had high expectations, which is fine. Coming off more hostile than I would expect seemed a little rude but I understand that one may be angry if they're not satisfied with the feature to cost ratio in comparison to a previous generation. My expectations were lower than yours and his because I came from an Air 2 lol. It's all good, just hope 2022 will bring some neat enhancements and fixes. It's ridiculously cold around here right now so flying my drone right now isn't first priority currently. It'll start getting nice in about 4 or so months again so they have some time for me to be impressed.

I do feel new year will bring good and necessary improvements to both craft and RC. I can see your first priority sitting on your shoulder and he will bring you a lot more pleasure than all the drones in China
2021-12-19
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

erikjsschneider Posted at 12-19 13:59
I'd agree. Seems like he had high expectations, which is fine. Coming off more hostile than I would expect seemed a little rude but I understand that one may be angry if they're not satisfied with the feature to cost ratio in comparison to a previous generation. My expectations were lower than yours and his because I came from an Air 2 lol. It's all good, just hope 2022 will bring some neat enhancements and fixes. It's ridiculously cold around here right now so flying my drone right now isn't first priority currently. It'll start getting nice in about 4 or so months again so they have some time for me to be impressed.

Is it really a high expectation that I wish that at least it could do what the previous cheaper one could do?

I really hope DJI is already working on it.
2021-12-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kabauterman Posted at 12-19 12:27
It seems like your use of the Controller is very different then mine, and it seems like you didn't have the SC 1 paired with a M2P, or never used it for some more well thought Photo or Video.

So, if my guess is right, why do you think that you need to answer here if the things I'm saying do not apply for your use case.

Ah now I understand...
It's not the RC Pro you're actually complaining about ...
It's the DJI Fly app that you are not satisfied with!

For example, if you had used a Mavic Air 2 with the Smart Controller (1), you would already know what the DJI Fly app "offers" before buying the RC Pro ...

You complain that the Go 4 app is not used to control the Mavic 3! That's a completely different topic, you should know that!

The RC Pro - that's hardware!
And this hardware has been significantly improved compared to the Smart Controller ...
The SC Pro offers, among other things:
4 antennas
O3 + (thus a significantly improved range)
BT 5.1
Galileo (SAT)
more sensitive touchscreen
significantly longer runtime
All chips (electronic components in general) have become significantly more expensive. Because of this, some companies can hardly deliver anything. The RC Pro appeared many years after the Smart Controller!
Isn't a price adjustment justified?
Doesn't an iPhone 13 cost significantly more than an iPhone 10, so 3 years later ... ???

Some people are annoyed that the (old) Smart Controller cannot be used together with the Mavic 3 ...
Probably those would then complain that the performance of the smart controller is worse than that of the standard controller together with a smartphone ...

As I said, you should "make sure" that the DJI Fly app for the Mavic 3 receives additional functions, that is understandable.
The RC Pro is an excellent "piece of electronics" in my opinion ...
Fortunately, software (apps) can also be further developed at a later date ...

You should always express clearly what you actually mean and not use misleading headlines ... !!!

2021-12-20
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 12-20 00:20
Ah now I understand...
It's not the RC Pro you're actually complaining about ...
It's the DJI Fly app that you are not satisfied with!

No, you still don't get it. And I will not try to explain you anything more.

I've used the Smart Controller with any DJI Drone thats compatible.

And I don't complain about the DJI Fly App.

If you are a Fanboy and happy with your purchase, feel free to stay away from a topic you don't get at all.
2021-12-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kabauterman Posted at 12-20 00:27
No, you still don't get it. And I will not try to explain you anything more.

I've used the Smart Controller with any DJI Drone thats compatible.

You should urgently find out about the differences between hardware and software!
2021-12-20
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 12-20 00:34
You should urgently find out about the differences between hardware and software!

I compare functionally A to B. And of course it is a software problem, thats why I'm asking for a Firmware Update to fix the problems. Firmware is Software linked to hardware.

Btw. Linking the shoulder wheel to Zoom only has nothing to do with the DJI Fly App. Also the Fly App on a Phone is not the problem because it is different since the Stock Controller has no 5D Button, no Backsided Buttons and so on.

I'm complaining about missing functionality of the RC PRO but only a fly app update wouldn't help.
2021-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 12-20 00:34

“For example, if you had used a Mavic Air 2 with the Smart Controller (1), you would already know what the DJI Fly app "offers" before buying the RC Pro ...”

Do you really think someone should buy an Air Air2s to find out how the fly app works before buying the RC Pro, do you not think it reasonable that if your using SC with M2p that your expectations should be that it will offer those controls that are fundamental to controlling any camera and have been in all Mavics to date. You really think this is too much to expect ! This is not only the app but both app and RC. The improvements you list out apart from battery life are pretty small and have been the improvements we see with all new DJI controllers in the past, they are basically updated tech and optimizations. They aren’t making a silk purse out of a sows ear. The new controller is not that much better than the old one its just like the updates you get every year with your phone, except text messaging will still be available on your phone “because its paramount” phone company won’t revert you back to email to send messages.

Again the OP is very clear and precise in what he’s looking for and improvements to both app and remote are required and they are the most basic of things to improve to bring this remote experience to where it should be. If you are happy with yours and have no use for these improvements then that’s your prerogative.
2021-12-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 12-20 01:08
“For example, if you had used a Mavic Air 2 with the Smart Controller (1), you would already know what the DJI Fly app "offers" before buying the RC Pro ...”

... you said before:
"I think the OP is coming from a place where he was an owner user of SC 1 , So he assumed that the standard of this remote would apply and more, to the Pro RC which is now 50% more expensive but now offers him less than the SC did when using with his M2 Pro."
... and this approach of the OP leads to the misunderstanding, because the functionality of both the SC 1 and the RC Pro is determined by the software...
The Mavic 3 and the Fly App are a "bundle".
In the past, the M2 Pro and the Go 4 App were also a "bundle".
And one should understand this before buying.

But,
In the user manual of the RC Pro, for example, you can find the button at the top right called C3 ... (... the function is therefore still customizable).
This button is very close to the right Control Dial.
It would be very easy (for the user) to operate C3 and this Control Dial at the same time, for example to make an aperture setting possible.
This is pure software that DJI could "upgrade" at any time ...
You don't need a DJI RC Pro 2 to make something like this possible ...

For me the headline of the OP is simply "misleading" and his discussion / explanation does not lead any further, since he could pass suggestions on to DJI instead of just "complaining" ...

2021-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 12-20 05:16
... you said before:
"I think the OP is coming from a place where he was an owner user of SC 1 , So he assumed that the standard of this remote would apply and more, to the Pro RC which is now 50% more expensive but now offers him less than the SC did when using with his M2 Pro."
... and this approach of the OP leads to the misunderstanding, because the functionality of both the SC 1 and the RC Pro is determined by the software...

You really don’t know where we are coming from, before DJI go4 we had just go app and craft like P4 and P4 pro as well as Mavics progressed to this app. So for instance when P4 progressed from DJI Go to djiGo4 it came with many more functions than DJI Go, and when P4pro and Mavic Pro1 came out likewise Go4 and RC were updated to allow greater control of both craft and Camera.
With the release of Pro remote “Nothing” has been updated either on RC or App to just give the basic controls offered by SC and Go4. But because the fly app is making the pro remote look like a very standard ordinary less than pro remote is down to both Software and Firmware on both craft and Remote.

Remember back to the latest addition of features 2 weeks ago, did you update only your app and craft or did you update your Remote, yes both proving that updates are likely needed on both.

What would you call a Pro Remote that is missing many necessary features . I certainly would call it Less than Pro because presently that’s exactly what it is.

And not to be forgotten about this “Pro Remote” cost 50% more than its predecessor yes it has less functionality that’s usable, you are selling yourself short if you think this is some kind of progression.
2021-12-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 12-20 05:37
You really don’t know where we are coming from, before DJI go4 we had just go app and craft like P4 and P4 pro as well as Mavics progressed to this app. So for instance when P4 progressed from DJI Go to djiGo4 it came with many more functions than DJI Go, and when P4pro and Mavic Pro1 came out likewise Go4 and RC were updated to allow greater control of both craft and Camera.
With the release of Pro remote “Nothing” has been updated either on RC or App to just give the basic controls offered by SC and Go4. But because the fly app is making the pro remote look like a very standard ordinary less than pro remote is down to both Software and Firmware on both craft and Remote.

You are probably right ...

Of course, I'm also looking forward to additional features, and I am urgently awaiting the new firmware for the Mavic 3 announced for January 2022.
Currently it can do less than my (previous) Mavic Air 2, unfortunately ...
But, I knew it and still bought it, so I don't complain about it now ...

I don't mind that I can "only" control the aperture via the screen, but it would of course be "more convenient" to do this with a wheel ...
I don't need this function that often at the moment, I set these parameters after take-off (for the current flight) and then concentrate on the objects that I want to capture ...

2021-12-20
Use props
skyscope
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

kabauterman Posted at 12-19 14:36
Is it really a high expectation that I wish that at least it could do what the previous cheaper one could do?

Absolutely not!

I'm glad I stumbled over this thread, because besides all other things it was very disturbing not to find at least an aperture control dial with the standard remote.
But to learn that there is no way to set it up for the RC pro too is simply ridiculous. I have no explanation not only for how DJI forgot about so many of those essential features, which I got used to with the P4P and Mavic 2 Pro, but also for the influencers not mentioning any of these countless issues. And I'm clueless how anybody can maintain his brand defense mechanism, if all the hard facts are on the table. I really don't care about others naming this drone consumer, prosumer or professional. I make money with drones, regardless if I use an Inspire, a Mavic or or a Mini 2, so all my drones are professional drones. And a successor for one of them should have the functionality of it's predecessor at least , or any upgrade is pointless for me.

At first I thought DJI or the M3 product team inadvertently hasn't thought to much about people using this drone professionally this time, even if the offered a ProRes version at a professional price point. But in the meantime with all the lack of thoughtfullness I get the impression, they simply dont't care.
That's fine for me, because I already decided to use my Mavic 2 Pros another year at least. With all their features, not to mention established support for Third-Party-Apps, they seem like powerhouses in comparisson with the Mavic 3, which is really really strange.

2021-12-20
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 12-20 06:01
You are probably right ...

Of course, I'm also looking forward to additional features, and I am urgently awaiting the new firmware for the Mavic 3 announced for January 2022.

It sounds like you never used a camera before or always fly in Auto Exposure...
If I would always fly in Auto I would also never mind about the Wheel or Missing Features I called out in my post.

Does your Image stay the same from take off to mid air?
Even if you change directions slightly your Overall Exposure will be different than before and you need to change your exposure to meet the current location and Image.

The nice thing about the M2P & M3 is that you can change exposure without touching Shutter Speed or ISO, because you have a variable aperture on the lens. You call it "more convenient" to change it with a Wheel, I call it basic feature. Even the M1P had this wheel without a SC and without a Variable Aperture.

Imagine a "Prosumer" Kamera that has NOT a Single Wheel on Thumb or index Finger to Change Basic Exposure Settings. My Canon R5 has 3 Wheels on the Body, one on the Lens. My SONY a7 IV has even 4 Wheels for exactly that functions. In Manual Mode I can have Shutter, Aperture, ISO and even Exposure Compensation on it's own wheel If I need it for any A/S or Auto ISO Mode.

And now Imagine you are in R&D for a Company like DJI and you make a new and much more expensive product just worse in some important ways compared to it's predecessor...
2021-12-20
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The problem which concerns me most was the software itself. It seems that DJI FLY apps was a kind of  downgrade version of DJI Go 4 apps . DJI should do more works on the design of the software that would unleash the true potential of Mavic 3.
2021-12-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kabauterman Posted at 12-20 11:56
It sounds like you never used a camera before or always fly in Auto Exposure...
If I would always fly in Auto I would also never mind about the Wheel or Missing Features I called out in my post.

... the M3 is my first drone that has an adjustable aperture. So I got used to shooting with a fixed aperture ...
It was always "a lot of work" to select the right ND filters before the flight ...
It is now wonderful that only a "rough estimate" of the ND filter is sufficient, and then the "fine adjustment" can be made in the air using a variable aperture ...

Since I mostly film (in the air), I don't have to constantly adjust the aperture.
I have the option of exposure correction using the 5D button, to the left or to the right. This is also very helpful (as far as I know it doesn't work with the standard controller, so only via touchscreen ...).

As I wrote before, I think the possibility of adjusting the aperture using the right wheel while pressing C3 at the same time would be very useful ...
Both controls with the right hand, that's pretty comfortable, isn't it?

Firmware is generally "made" in such a way that all hardware elements (buttons, wheels, touchscreen gestures, ...) are reported "to the top", i.e. to the "layer" above, in this case to the Fly app ...
Therefore, the Fly App can then determine that, for example, C3 is pressed and the right wheel is being adjusted ...
Now the Fly App can forward the same command to the M3 as if the touchscreen were operated to adjust the aperture!

There is no need to develop a new RC Pro (2) for this! The hardware (and probably in this respect also the firmware of the RC) are already able to carry out this function ...
The Fly App, however, still needs this "small" extension ...

So I see no reason to "condemn" the RC Pro, to deny it any "prosumer" quality.
The Fly app will definitely see further improvements, but it will certainly not mutate into the Go 4 app .....
You should be aware of this if you opt for the "consumer drone" Mavic 3 and spend a lot of money on an additional RC ...

That is the "long version" of my statement: send back if you don't like it at all ...
2021-12-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Jason WAI Posted at 12-20 17:44
The problem which concerns me most was the software itself. It seems that DJI FLY apps was a kind of  downgrade version of DJI Go 4 apps . DJI should do more works on the design of the software that would unleash the true potential of Mavic 3.

... that is the point!
My full agreement ...
2021-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jason WAI Posted at 12-20 17:44
The problem which concerns me most was the software itself. It seems that DJI FLY apps was a kind of  downgrade version of DJI Go 4 apps . DJI should do more works on the design of the software that would unleash the true potential of Mavic 3.

It was never intended as a downgrade of go4 app, in fact fly app is registered as Go5 app. It’s basically a new developing app and is obviously designed with photography in mind clean and clutter free . Its really strange that for 4/5 years I have spent on this forum reading comments about how bad an app go4 is its rates extremely low on App Store ratings. It is used as a an excuse for so many problems of dji drones.
I’m certain fly app is a work in progress and it will develop into a good app. But just like everything dji Software always runs behind. If anyone remembers GO4 was designed for Phantom 4 but arrived some months after its release typical
2021-12-21
Use props
hoodlens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144186 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 12-21 02:34
It was never intended as a downgrade of go4 app, in fact fly app is registered as Go5 app. It’s basically a new developing app and is obviously designed with photography in mind clean and clutter free . Its really strange that for 4/5 years I have spent on this forum reading comments about how bad an app go4 is its rates extremely low on App Store ratings. It is used as a an excuse for so many problems of dji drones.
I’m certain fly app is a work in progress and it will develop into a good app. But just like everything dji Software always runs behind. If anyone remembers GO4 was designed for Phantom 4 but arrived some months after its release typical

I´m totally with you nad also annoyed by the “Pro“ functions of the RC Pro and I hope that upcoming upgrades will solve the missing 5D contro of shutter, aperture and ISO. But does anyone has an idea how to export screenshots or captures from the internal Android folder to a micro SD? Because bluetooth between Android and OS does not work. Or any alternative to get my screenshots to my Mac? Thanx for any feedback
2021-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hoodlens Posted at 12-21 02:46
I´m totally with you nad also annoyed by the “Pro“ functions of the RC Pro and I hope that upcoming upgrades will solve the missing 5D contro of shutter, aperture and ISO. But does anyone has an idea how to export screenshots or captures from the internal Android folder to a micro SD? Because bluetooth between Android and OS does not work. Or any alternative to get my screenshots to my Mac? Thanx for any feedback

I believe that’s another work in progress.
2021-12-21
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 12-21 00:35
... the M3 is my first drone that has an adjustable aperture. So I got used to shooting with a fixed aperture ...
It was always "a lot of work" to select the right ND filters before the flight ...
It is now wonderful that only a "rough estimate" of the ND filter is sufficient, and then the "fine adjustment" can be made in the air using a variable aperture ...

You have the possibility to adjust the exposure with the 5D Button? You mean the EV Values.

So like I said, you fly in Auto Exposure mode and try to be part of an argument about the Use of the Controller in Manual Mode. Thats so pointless and you don't get it.
2021-12-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules