Mini-HDMI to Mini-HDMI?
576 2 2021-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

I just purchased the DJI RC Pro + Air 2S bundle from B&H (Yes the RC Pro, not the original Smart Controller). I can NOT get the mini-HDMI out to work with my fat shark goggles (that has mini HDMI in).  I am using a Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable + a mini HDMI adapter (since both sides require mini). If I connect the RC Pro to something that accepts regular HDMI, like a TV, it works. It just doesn't work going to mini-HDMI. Is this normal or should I try to get a new adapter?

2021-12-18
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just found that out myself too. I received the RC PRO and try to connect my Fat Shark HDO2 goggles (which incidentally worked perfectly with the old Smart Controller).It looks like once again... another unfinished product (example M3). This is incredibly disappointing as I will have to send the whole package right back where it came from.
2022-1-11
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 1-11 16:44
I just found that out myself too. I received the RC PRO and try to connect my Fat Shark HDO2 goggles (which incidentally worked perfectly with the old Smart Controller).It looks like once again... another unfinished product (example M3). This is incredibly disappointing as I will have to send the whole package right back where it came from.

I want to follow up on my previous post regarding the HDMI output issues on the RC PRO:
First, I got a response back from DJI support with apologies and that they are trying to expedite the awaited update for the RC PRO. So I guess "hang tight".

Second: And that is GOOD NEWS: A simple USB-C to HDMI adapter fixes the problem. I got a "J5create USB-C to 4K HDMI Adapter" earlier today at the local Best Buy for less than $20. Simply plugged it in -- and it works with the Fat Shark HDO2 goggles! Went to take my first flight out with the RC PRO and my old Air 2S. Worked great. No jitter in the video (I was recording at 5.4K/30). The picture on the RC PRO and the HDO2 was crisp and clear. I flew out past 2 miles without any signal issues. On the way back I took a path which would cause issues (mountains) and I found the RC handled it great including the return to home (no signal case).

I guess I am going to keep the RC PRO. I like the speed of operations, smooth video, better communications and overall feel.
2022-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules