Drone Full Lake Recovery - DJI Mini 2
1298 13 2021-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeCranePhoto
lvl.1
Canada

This summer I had a user error collision with a tree with my DJI Mini 2. After looking it over and doing a test flight the drone seemed to fully perform. The next day, I lost connection and had a fly away into a mountain lake. I wanted to share that the Mini 2 does have enough metal to be recovered with magnet fishing. The drone actually started and the camera works, I was also able to recover all of my fooatge. For the full story please check out:
Full Drone Recovery Video HERE -
https://youtu.be/HU8mTMNndDg

2021-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good thing you got it back!
2021-12-18
Use props
MikeCranePhoto
lvl.1
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 12-18 13:37
Good thing you got it back!

For sure. I thought I was going to need to rent scuba gear! Thankfully the magnet worked.
2021-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MikeCranePhoto Posted at 12-18 13:56
For sure. I thought I was going to need to rent scuba gear! Thankfully the magnet worked.

Exactly!
2021-12-18
Use props
djiuser_6PauVu8ijWvx
New

India

Well I wasn't so lucky. I lost my drone a couple of days after losing connection and still haven't fount it yet.
2021-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good Job on the recovery.   
2021-12-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool video and nice footage.    I fish a lot but never with a magnet and never for a drone.  That was a first for me to see.  
2021-12-19
Use props
MikeCranePhoto
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_6PauVu8ijWvx Posted at 12-18 17:38
Well I wasn't so lucky. I lost my drone a couple of days after losing connection and still haven't fount it yet.

Sorry to hear. Felt fortunate my partner saw the general area it crashed and had clear water. Was yours a water crash too?
2021-12-21
Use props
MikeCranePhoto
lvl.1
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-19 12:18
Cool video and nice footage.    I fish a lot but never with a magnet and never for a drone.  That was a first for me to see.

Thanks for checking it out. Was originally going to rent scuba gear but this was a much easier solution. Magnet fishing is a whole world of treasure hunters. Glad there was enough metal on the drone.
2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
MikeCranePhoto
lvl.1
Canada

Dong, Appreciate you checking it out and for the comment. It was quite the mission and was happy to recover all of my footage.
2021-12-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MikeCranePhoto Posted at 12-21 14:42
Thanks for checking it out. Was originally going to rent scuba gear but this was a much easier solution. Magnet fishing is a whole world of treasure hunters. Glad there was enough metal on the drone.

Glad you were able to get the drone back.  I dive quite a bit and you'd be amazed at what you can find under the water.  
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_JN3Jdhimx3hr
New
Flight distance : 29974 ft
United Kingdom

Good to get it back
2023-1-22
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

It's so rare to recover a drone. Good job of tracking it. Glad that the SSD kept the info. TBH, I've watched some video a long time about the most reliable media and they tested all kinds of consumer media. It turned out that the SSD cards are the most reliable ones! You can drive over them, no problem. In most cases
2023-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules