Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will pay $ for help. Battery won't wake up.
698 7 2021-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans785292ac
lvl.1

United States

Bought my son a Phanton Standard 3 November 25, 2016.  He used it for about 1 hr. Product has sat on shelf for years but still in pristine condition. Never touched it since. I am interested in using it myself. However, when I plug the battery in to charge it performs the following:
1)All four LED lights blink in sequential order 1-4 with RED light on. This happens four times in a row.
2) Upon completion of the aforementioned sequence, LED #1 blinks three times and then everything goes off.

Battery will

I did perform a viability check of the cells and all four are in good working order.

This drone has sat for years. I watched some Youtube videos about the battery being in dormant mode and needs to be awakened?

Nothing in life is free. I will Venmo/Paypal $5 to the first individual who assists me with a successful applied resolution.
The responder will confirm receipt of payment in this thread.

2021-12-18
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

Have a look at this link

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D559%26typeid%3D559

If it works keep the $5.  
2021-12-18
Use props
fans785292ac
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately, the symptoms described on page four, #3 do not match my issue. The PDF states if the RED light is illuminated and all four LED are off.....

My battery is performing some form of boot up but then does not charge.

I want to thank you for taking the time to assist me.

2021-12-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry but the chance is excellent that your battery is dead.  The wake up from hibernation thing only works about 1-2% of the time.  You could plug it into the charger and then immediately turn the battery on to try to force a charge, but it probably won't work in your case.  Five months is a long time.  Five years is an eternity.     

See a youtube video on how to turn a P3 battery on.

Next time, keep your battery at around a 50% charge 24/7/365 unless you're flying and your battery will last many years.  

Good luck.

2021-12-18
Use props
fans785292ac
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-18 12:33
Sorry but the chance is excellent that your battery is dead.  The wake up from hibernation thing only works about 1-2% of the time.  You could plug it into the charger and then immediately turn the battery on to try to force a charge, but it probably won't work in your case.  Five months is a long time.  Five years is an eternity.  Good luck.

Yeah, maybe. I've gone ahead and ordered a battery replacement off Amazon. DJI no longer sells the Phantom battery or not at least in the U.S.

2021-12-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can give out the best recommendation for this issue? In addition, I will post a chart where in you can find the Battery Protection Mechanism for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard's Intelligent Flight Battery. Thank you.

2021-12-18
Use props
fans785292ac
lvl.1

United States

I ordered a new battery, which arrived today. Everything is working now. However, I would like to upload the video. What is the max size of video upload.
2021-12-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fans785292ac Posted at 12-19 12:28
I ordered a new battery, which arrived today. Everything is working now. However, I would like to upload the video. What is the max size of video upload.

You want to upload your vid to a hosting site such as youtube.  Then post the link here.  :-)  
2021-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules