Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-22 03:48
My friends. The product is not for everybody. You can’t find use for it but some people for example boat owners will appreciate the product as an example. I personally do not use the rescue jacket all the time since I don’t see that necessary depending the application.

The fact I don’t like a product doesn’t mean I will made a bad propaganda to it. I leave that to individual judgement respecting everyone point of view.

But is it helping the hobby of hindering that point has not been made. Like how many drones have been saved using this, why would you risk your warranty using it , and why would you go against manufacturers recommendations. It doesn’t help with boats launching and retrieving on a boat are just a matter of putting time into learning how to do it correctly. Most accidents on boats don’t result in the drone landing on its landing gear .
For 6 years I have been flying at sea with no real problems but a lot of care taken, there is no way I would put my drone at risk using this and I don’t believe marketing this without any real world examples of drones being saved by using this is helpful, so far all I have seen is just tripe .

This is clearly a gadget and should not be advertised here.

2021-12-22
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

The rescue Jacket on the Air 2 Was pretty good but the Rescue Jacket on the M3 is astonishing .
Its simply because the  5 ounce weight is so easily carried by the Mavic 3 power.

Compared to any other floats made , these stand out to be the best and when combined with the Wet Suit the M3 becomes a Force to deal with Nature

Mavic 3 Rescue Jacket

Mavic 3 Rescue Jacket

Fly in the pouring Rain.
3000 Ft Visual Line of Sight
Remote Land on the Water , conserve Battery
Secure your SD card footage
Land on top of the Snow and protect your Camera
Land on rough Terrain.
Secure DJI Refresh
Prepared for Force Landing
Allow for a nice safe Hand Catch
Kayackers can use it to land on the water
You can land in the Mud and sand without worry

Why anyone would hate on a Utility Tool for there M3 is funny .

2021-12-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

rainphantom Posted at 12-22 08:42
The rescue Jacket on the Air 2 Was pretty good but the Rescue Jacket on the M3 is astonishing .
Its simply because the  5 ounce weight is so easily carried by the Mavic 3 power.

For one, why would anyone fly a M3 in the pouring rain? Especially when there are waterproof drones to be had? You will not accept that your invention is totally unnecessary. Dude, it is a gimmick, period. Give it up.
2021-12-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

I see that the gadget is blocking the downdraft (restriction, lift) of the props quite a bit, so would the motors not have to fight a bit more and drain the battery faster? Specially the back props.
2021-12-22
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

kyalami Posted at 12-22 09:37
I see that the gadget is blocking the downdraft (restriction, lift) of the props quite a bit, so would the motors not have to fight a bit more and drain the battery faster? Specially the back props.

Since we fly in the Storms over the sea, we wanted to test it in some extreme measures and the M3 with the Rescue Jacket exceeded our expectations.

Keep in mind that the M3 can lift 25 ounces with ease , so 5 ounces is nothing for that drone.

We did a hover test , in 25 mph winds and got 28 minutes , not to bad as we were very happy with that.
That is posted , as well as flying in the 45 mph wind in sport mode , that was posted also.  

The downdraft on such a strong drone is minimal with this streamline design and low center of gravity compared to any other floats .
2021-12-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rainphantom Posted at 12-22 09:46
Since we fly in the Storms over the sea, we wanted to test it in some extreme measures and the M3 with the Rescue Jacket exceeded our expectations.

Keep in mind that the M3 can lift 25 ounces with ease , so 5 ounces is nothing for that drone.

And these tests are they secret, you’d prefer to show messing about on the lake while the cops watch on. Maybe post this test in storms over the sea. I’m certain this won’t be shown but lets ask first. Please post the video.
2021-12-22
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-22 09:31
For one, why would anyone fly a M3 in the pouring rain? Especially when there are waterproof drones to be had? You will not accept that your invention is totally unnecessary. Dude, it is a gimmick, period. Give it up.

Not sure Gimmick is the right word,    But it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the M3 is going to be a beast ,  Its easy to see how the wet suit enhances the experience on the water.   

2021-12-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Yes, gimmick is the right word. Anyone with sense will return with plenty of battery!
2021-12-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

rainphantom Posted at 12-22 11:54
Not sure Gimmick is the right word,    But it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the M3 is going to be a beast ,  Its easy to see how the wet suit enhances the experience on the water.   

https://youtu.be/uNt96bkKrJs

What was all this about. Never saw the drone landing and staying in that water for the last 8 minutes or so.
2021-12-22
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

kyalami Posted at 12-22 12:09
What was all this about. Never saw the drone landing and staying in that water for the last 8 minutes or so.

Test are not that exciting , as we rinse and repeat the same process , but this is more how the drone stabilizes with its low center of gravity combined with the wet suit.

2021-12-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

rainphantom Posted at 12-22 12:11
Test are not that exciting , as we rinse and repeat the same process , but this is more how the drone stabilizes with its low center of gravity combined with the wet suit.

OK that is not too bad, but far away for a 3 ft = 1 m swell. That's only 10 to 20 cm waves not a swell and than you have a swell on top of that. Surely its better than not having any protection at all. I agree to that.
2021-12-22
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

kyalami Posted at 12-22 12:28
OK that is not too bad, but far away for a 3 ft = 1 m swell. That's only 10 to 20 cm waves not a swell and than you have a swell on top of that. Surely its better than not having any protection at all. I agree to that.

For the most part swells are much easier than the  Choppy waters on the lakes but the M3 should set some new Records for us.     Thank you
2021-12-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rainphantom Posted at 12-22 12:30
For the most part swells are much easier than the  Choppy waters on the lakes but the M3 should set some new Records for us.     Thank you

Guess we’re not likely to see this storm test at sea
2021-12-22
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well. It looks like a cool product for me and I continue to supporting it and using it. There always will be haters but that is fine. For different taste there are different colors.
Cool test.
2021-12-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-22 12:55
Well. It looks like a cool product for me and I continue to supporting it and using it. There always will be haters but that is fine. For different taste there are different colors.
Cool test.

Its not haters, its people giving good advice. You're  entitled to buy the product and enjoy it , its your money, but i have a real problem with the real lack of proper testing available from the sellers of this product considering it will void your warranty if it goes Tits up.
2021-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rainphantom Posted at 12-22 08:42
The rescue Jacket on the Air 2 Was pretty good but the Rescue Jacket on the M3 is astonishing .

Why anyone would hate on a Utility Tool for there M3 is funny .

Why the maker of this clumsy contraption can't/won't provide the basic data to show how much it handicaps your drone is telling.
Why he dismisses valid questioning as "haters" is too.
2021-12-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-22 14:54
Why anyone would hate on a Utility Tool for there M3 is funny .

Why the maker of this clumsy contraption can't/won't provide the basic data to show how much it handicaps your drone is telling.

Another good question, how badly does it interfere with the sensors?
2021-12-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's always the same with these guys. They insult people they do not agree with. My grandfather always said that if someone is arguing with you and starts using insults, it just means they are losing. Ignore them, not helpful. So, learn to be tactful and you may be able to convince someone.
2021-12-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Look, if you are skeptical...so am I. But I have one on order and will evaluate it. I want it to work. I used to be a test engineer before I retired. So maybe...I repeat the job. At first look, it seems like a better choice than the buoy method that only works in water over 6 feet deep. Give it a chance. Every great invention was met with doubters, not that this is a great one ;-) Incredible as it may seem to you, the world is NOT flat.
2021-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 12-22 21:08
Look, if you are skeptical...so am I. But I have one on order and will evaluate it. I want it to work. I used to be a test engineer before I retired. So maybe...I repeat the job. At first look, it seems like a better choice than the buoy method that only works in water over 6 feet deep. Give it a chance. Every great invention was met with doubters, not that this is a great one ;-) Incredible as it may seem to you, the world is NOT flat.

Perhaps you can help us to understand what the actual impact of the device is on performance.
The sort of basic information, that the maker is unwilling to share.
2021-12-22
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-22 15:22
Another good question, how badly does it interfere with the sensors?

There is a Cut out for all the sensors on the Rescue Jacket, so there is no interference from the Rescue Jackets.  

2021-12-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rainphantom Posted at 12-23 12:19
There is a Cut out for all the sensors on the Rescue Jacket, so there is no interference from the Rescue Jackets.

Maybe you’ll answer real questions like the one posed in post 59 .
2021-12-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-22 21:50
Perhaps you can help us to understand what the actual impact of the device is on performance.
The sort of basic information, that the maker is unwilling to share.

I will attempt to do that. Perhaps your guys could give me some parameters you would like. If not, I will just do what I think is important.

I picked the red one but that is out of stock until next week.
2021-12-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-23 15:29
I will attempt to do that. Perhaps your guys could give me some parameters you would like. If not, I will just do what I think is important.

I picked the red one but that is out of stock until next week.

Try RTH and OA with it attached. Nothing drastic, overhead, side, under at about 45 degrees to the side. Don't do anything that would damage it.
2021-12-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Is it 100% waterproof, will landing in salt water effect lens, what size waves will it withstand before it turns over. RTH , top speed reduction. How much loss of speed into the wind. I don’t expect you to do all these tests but these are just a few tests that should have been done before offering this for sale. And lastly what guarantees is the vendor offering.

If no guarantees are offered then it's pretty clear that the vendor has no confidence in his own products.
2021-12-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Habitual Spammer.
2021-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The data from a simple straight line flight at full speed in calm conditions with obstacle avoidance switched off would be good.
Acellerate from hover to full speed and hold full speed for a while.
And an unencumbered  comparison flight would be interesting too.
2021-12-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Good inputs from all. I will try to cover them. Also I want to do a battery time hover in calm air to auto landing, encumbered and not. Of course logs for everything. But I don't think I will be doing any actual water landing, not really what I need anyway. Also, it is not a rain cover, it is just a float device. The rain jacket is another product.
2021-12-23
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

From what I can see, it looks like the flotation is covering about 25% at the back of the down force of the air from the props. If so, then should it not be possible to see the motor revs with and without the flotation. If the flotation device inhibits proper lift, the motors would have to turn with higher revs with flotation on and lower revs without flotation. If so, The air time would be shorter due to heavier load on the motors. Just a thought.
2021-12-24
Use props
Robert Lloyd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49528 ft

United Kingdom

Not sure i would land on water
2022-1-1
Use props
Robert Lloyd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49528 ft

United Kingdom

Not sure i would land on water
2022-1-1
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

Took the M3 on last minute excursion , and the children of the Corn kids came out ,  lol
I kept the drone close so they could see it with the rescue Jacket and found a puddle to boot.

2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rainphantom Posted at 1-3 05:18
Took the M3 on last minute excursion , and the children of the Corn kids came out ,  lol
I kept the drone close so they could see it with the rescue Jacket and found a puddle to boot.

I only hope the floatie has caused the jittery footage , otherwise you have real problems with your Mavic 3.
2022-1-3
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

No  the footage was just sped up,    The focus was really on the Rescue Jacket not the footage.

I have other videos that show how crystal clear the footage is with the Rescue Jacket in high winds .
One of the amazing things about the Rescue Jacket is no matter what angle you place the Camera you cannot see the Rescue Jacket ,      That is Awesome.  

2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rainphantom Posted at 1-3 05:45
No  the footage was just sped up,    The focus was really on the Rescue Jacket not the footage.

I have other videos that show how crystal clear the footage is with the Rescue Jacket in high winds .

You still have not posted, the limits of this jacket and the effects on flying in strong wind or any wind for that matter. Its nothing to boast about, adding something to your drone won,t block the Camera. The fact you think that’s awesome is a bit scary.

Lets see the footage at the right speed , I’m now thinking all this footage is scaled to suit the advertising.
2022-1-3
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

I think I might be able to get some Extreme Wind Footage , I will post that soon 40 mph winds should be a good test with the Rescue Jacket and some video of what that looks like.   
Let me see what I can do for you .      Coming soon.
2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rainphantom Posted at 1-3 10:42
I think I might be able to get some Extreme Wind Footage , I will post that soon 40 mph winds should be a good test with the Rescue Jacket and some video of what that looks like.   
Let me see what I can do for you .      Coming soon.

And you might include the floatie or does this not operate in the wind ?
2022-1-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Correction: The drop in speed in the report below was apparently due to an anomoly with the float mounting. The speed reduction was actually minimal during subsequent more through tests. See my post farther down for explanation.

I received the float platform and did  some preliminary tests. I did not analyze them much yet except to notice that the flight time and full speed rate into a 15mph headwind was about 30% less. The reason I am not looking more into this is because this was designed to be used with the rain jacket and I do not have that, and as a result it did not fit well and slid too far aft under the drone. I told Coal and he admitted he did not plan for it to be used without the rain suit and forgot that I did not have the suit. Anyway he is now designing a true rescue only float that cannot land on the water, can be used without the rain suit, and will trade me for it as soon as it's available. I prefer that type and have no interest in landing on the water. Stand by.
So far as I am concerned, due to recent developments, this M3 lemon needs all the help it can to survive.
2022-1-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2021-12-21 22:35
Not a good point. Some of us are more prepared to get it in a better location.
Better location?
Some of us are prepared to fly where photo subjects are, not a backyard pond or canal.
"Today my #1 drone's over-the-ocean flying total passed 4000 miles.
And >1000 miles of over-land flight with no incidents."

How many of those was with a Mavic3? Or how many with any Mavic drone?
2022-1-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-9 19:32
"Today my #1 drone's over-the-ocean flying total passed 4000 miles.
And >1000 miles of over-land flight with no incidents."

The numbers refer to just one drone, so it's obviously not a Mavic 3.
The drone is now over 5 years old.
I bought it before the release of the first Mavic.
What's the relevance of your question?
2022-1-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules