Signal lost at 100m Distance
6381 13 2021-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Average Village
New

Kazakhstan

Hello,
I bought a new DJI MINI SE, every time I fly it, it loses signal after 80-100 meters. Please suggest me solution. Aji claims its range till 4km.

2021-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Average Village. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out.  May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? In addition kindly please fly your DJI Mini SE to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-12-20
Use props
Average Village
New

Kazakhstan

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-20 01:15
Hello there Average Village. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out.  May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? In addition kindly please fly your DJI Mini SE to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi, thanks for the quick response.
I am using iPhone 12 MINI and no error message. Just weak signal and no signal appears. i tried at two different locations.
2021-12-20
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

The SE is the cheapest quad DJI do, and like the Mini 1 uses WIFI as its connection choice, unlike the mini 2 that uses the more advanced Occusync, the range on the SE and 1 is severly limited, the range depends greatly on surrounding areas, you may fare better in a large open area, but in a built up area you will get a lot if interference and as such less distance.
2021-12-20
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

The WiFi is shared with lots of other devices on the same frequencies.  Based on my experience with my original Mini, the range can be as little as a couple hundred yard - if I fly southwest from my house, it is reliably that short.  On the other hand, out in the middle of nowhere I still had fine signal about 8,000 feet away (limited only by a military base on two side, a preserver that I could not enter on one side, and a mountain on the rest.
2021-12-20
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are flying in a populated area you will get wifi disruptions. Lots of wifi interference. Make sure you face the drone with the remote also as mentioned above.
2021-12-20
Use props
djiuser_yoMWSXvuJ4Vf
New
Flight distance : 15203 ft

Australia

I have the exact same issue. Even in a field it comes up on the app and says lost connection or weak rf reception. I cannot see how these drones can travel 4 kms and would love to see someone prove me wrong. Just false advertising if you ask me. I’ll be seeking a full refund from the retailer and may just purchase a different brand.
2021-12-29
Use props
Miguel P Amorim
New

Portugal

I have some what the same problem I can't pass 1200m and it says on the box 4000m is there something I'm doing wrong?
2022-5-8
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Not likely.  Just lots of RF congestion.
2022-5-8
Use props
zakir1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have this issue with a DJI Mavic Air 2, it loses signal after about 100M, does this in a built up area and open field.  Im using a Samsung Galaxy S10, the remote has internal antennas.
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuser_7YzP2v0IBnET
New
Flight distance : 14196 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve got a new Mini SE and tried 6 times in different locations. Fly at 30-45m and signal lost 75-175m. Has anyone tried those signal extenders and if these would help? At Amazon at £22 from Hensych?
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_BKDTRcjuWyYW
New

Singapore

I bought a DJI Mini SE Drone as well. Exactly, It will lose the signal after flying around 80m to 100m. We fly it half way, due to signal loss, it dropped on to other's roof. And we are unable to take it back. We lose all the money on it. Super regret on SE series at all. No recommended. It can provide some form of voucher rebate for us to buy other model will be good. To compensate us partially.
2023-4-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_BKDTRcjuWyYW Posted at 4-15 22:34
I bought a DJI Mini SE Drone as well. Exactly, It will lose the signal after flying around 80m to 100m. We fly it half way, due to signal loss, it dropped on to other's roof. And we are unable to take it back. We lose all the money on it. Super regret on SE series at all. No recommended. It can provide some form of voucher rebate for us to buy other model will be good. To compensate us partially.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you take your drone back?
If you can not retrieve it, you may submit a repair case.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/flyaway
If you take it back, please check whether the aircraft is damaged.
https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-4-16
Use props
stewart morgans
New

United Kingdom

I agree, mine is the same. Wherever I fly it'll loose connection, open fields miles from anywhere , even the beach. I'm fed up with it now and I'll be returning it because I just can't trust it. The live feed is often pixelated and takes ages to respond when pressing record etc. Always has plenty of satellites but the connection bar is always up and down.
My old "toy"Hubsan has a better range.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules