Customizing MIMO App Menu and Icon Size
2257 4 2021-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BujjiVenkat
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
   I'm new to the world of Gimbal.  I just recently purchased OM5 and installed the Mimo app from the DJI website.  All the icon's menu text is very very small like micro letters.  I'm unable to read them without wearing glasses, I don't have an issue with reading all other apps (like WhatsApp, FB, etc) on my phone.  I surely see the size of text are too small compared to all other apps on my phone.

I searched for any setting options for customizing the font icon size, couldn't find it.  

Is there a way to customize the menu text, icon size in Mimo App?  

[Request to Mimo App Development Team: Please provide options for customizing the font and icon size for all the menus within Mimo App. At this current stage it is not usable]
Thanks
2021-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BujjiVenkat. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI OM 5. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for  attention. Thank you.
2021-12-20
Use props
BujjiVenkat
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-20 19:56
Hello there BujjiVenkat. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI OM 5. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for  attention. Thank you.

Hi,
   Thanks for the response. I'm using Samsung S9+
2021-12-20
Use props
BujjiVenkat
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
   Is there any update on this request?  I've further played around with this issue to see if I can do any settings at the android level, Nothing helped.  I tried to change the font size setting in Android and it doesn't have any impact on the Mimo fonts, It seems MIMO App is working like HTML and not using the android font size setting, at the same time, the MIMO app doesn't have its own setting where we can increase the size of fonts.

Here are the exact reproduction steps

Phone is Samsung S9+
Installed the 1640153461065-DJI-Mimo-official-release-225260_sec.apk from DJI website

Check all the menu text size, and just switch to any app on the phone like whatsapp, contacts etc,  definitely font size is not consistent, it is toooo small in Mimo App, Cannot read
without using reading glass for me.  I don't want to use reading glass and I did not have any need to use reading glass to interact with other apps.

Potential Fix:
Introduce a menu to increase the font text size throughout the Mimo App.

It is disappointing to see very good hardware is ruined by poor software experience and making it less usable.  I hope this should be an easy fix and will be fixed soon, It will help wide range of users
2021-12-22
Use props
Maine
lvl.1

United States

Same problem for me. Fonts and icons on the app are too small
2022-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules