Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
YLE News: Finland tightens rules for drone pilots
345 16 2021-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Finland tightens rules for drones according to EU policies.

The original news article in Finnish: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-12235730

English translation/summary of the same article: https://yle.fi/news/3-12237286

While the news mostly concentrates on Finland, it is based on European Union regulations, so probably affects other countries as well.

2021-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 5893842 ft
United Kingdom

Curious.  The English version didnt name the test/qualitification required idid the Finnish version name it at all?
2021-12-20
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-20 23:36
Curious.  The English version didnt name the test/qualitification required idid the Finnish version name it at all?

It seems like they didn't name any exact codenames or numbers for the test, but what they did mention was that if you fly above people in densely populated centers and urban areas, you'll have to renew your license every five years. Wonder how costly and laborous that will be

At least the permit gained in Finland can also be used in other EU countries as well...
2021-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-21 07:24
It seems like they didn't name any exact codenames or numbers for the test, but what they did mention was that if you fly above people in densely populated centers and urban areas, you'll have to renew your license every five years. Wonder how costly and laborous that will be

At least the permit gained in Finland can also be used in other EU countries as well...

It seems to go again the EASA classifications,   so unless they mean the A2CofC type test Im not sure what they mean.
2021-12-22
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 00:47
It seems to go again the EASA classifications,   so unless they mean the A2CofC type test Im not sure what they mean.

Though I'll have to admit those are completely unknown for me, I've never flied nor owned a drone myself. Slightly curious for one, but they seem to be out of my budget as of now. And I'd rather save for a while and get a good quality one instead of buying some cheap trash. And don't know how complicated or expensive those permit tests are...
2021-12-22
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-22 12:39
Though I'll have to admit those are completely unknown for me, I've never flied nor owned a drone myself. Slightly curious for one, but they seem to be out of my budget as of now. And I'd rather save for a while and get a good quality one instead of buying some cheap trash. And don't know how complicated or expensive those permit tests are...

I think the Mini2 is probably the best bang for you buck you can get,  so might be worth saving for the Mini3.
2021-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

No probs Doug.   
2021-12-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 01:58
I think the Mini2 is probably the best bang for you buck you can get,  so might be worth saving for the Mini3.

Thanks for the tip, I'll bear it in mind in case the flying bug happens to bite me
2021-12-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

No problem, hopefully you found this information useful or at least interesting. :-)
2021-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-23 12:38
Thanks for the tip, I'll bear it in mind in case the flying bug happens to bite me

I suspect you'd really like.   Having a flying camera is so liberating.
2021-12-24
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 01:42
I suspect you'd really like.   Having a flying camera is so liberating.

I can imagine that being a nice way to spend time :-)
2021-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-29 14:21
I can imagine that being a nice way to spend time :-)

Yes.  And theres the times you can use because of the weather.  
2021-12-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:34
Yes.  And theres the times you can use because of the weather.

I can imagine, the last thing you want after buying such a nice and expensive piece of technology is to get it wrecked by water or the wind smashing it to an obstacle.

May we all have nice weather and working drones
2021-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-30 06:43
I can imagine, the last thing you want after buying such a nice and expensive piece of technology is to get it wrecked by water or the wind smashing it to an obstacle.

May we all have nice weather and working drones

There are water proof drones but even then who wants a picture of something in the rain.
2021-12-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-31 01:37
There are water proof drones but even then who wants a picture of something in the rain.

Probably the only time you would want to film in the rain would be in very extreme conditions - and even then they would probably be so extreme it would be impossible to fly...
2021-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2021-12-31 03:31
Probably the only time you would want to film in the rain would be in very extreme conditions - and even then they would probably be so extreme it would be impossible to fly...

Very true H.   
1-1 01:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules