3274 9 2021-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

My  Protek 35 with CADDX Vista air unit which I use for both video (DJI  goggles)  and receiver  (DJI controller) range has steadily reduced and  now is near zero.   Had a series of crashes related to loss of video and  control.  As soon as the motor spin the video starts to break up now, so  I'm guessing some sort of interference issues.  Any ideas besides a  hardware issue?   I added a iFlight Patch antenna to my googles perhaps there's a problem with that?   Am I unluckly or does everyone have serious issues with the FPV drones,   tried 3 and still can't get one to work right.  No fun at all.   

connector on Protek 35

connector on Protek 35
2021-12-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BarnSwallow. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to fly the said FPV drone to a different location to see if the issue will persist? In addition I hope that your fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best recommendation with regard to this matter. Again, I apologize and thank you.
2021-12-21
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Do you have an LC filter in your power cables from battery to VTx? How is it if you run the VTx from a separate battery (just as a test)?

If you don't have an LC filter in place, try this... https://web.archive.org/web/2014 ... how-tos/lc-filters/
There are probably loads of tutorials on how to do this, it's a pity fpvuk lost theirs during a site redesign.
2021-12-22
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-22 03:04
Do you have an LC filter in your power cables from battery to VTx? How is it if you run the VTx from a separate battery (just as a test)?

If you don't have an LC filter in place, try this... https://web.archive.org/web/20141001030303/http://www.fpvuk.org/how-tos/lc-filters/

You are way beyond my skill level.   How did you learn all this?  Are you an electrical engineer?  I surrendered, FPV is too much for me.  I sent it back.   I'm trying now to get another iFlight drone to work, but that has problems too,  (no response to controls in Betaflight after bind)     Think I'll stick with DJI equipment, I want to fly, not fix stuff.    I had no idea how difficult getting a FPV drone to work was.        Thank you Nicodema., you are one smart guy.
2021-12-22
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

BarnSwallow Posted at 12-22 07:15
You are way beyond my skill level.   How did you learn all this?  Are you an electrical engineer?  I surrendered, FPV is too much for me.  I sent it back.   I'm trying now to get another iFlight drone to work, but that has problems too,  (no response to controls in Betaflight after bind)     Think I'll stick with DJI equipment, I want to fly, not fix stuff.    I had no idea how difficult getting a FPV drone to work was.        Thank you Nicodema., you are one smart guy.

Thanks. Yeah you got me. Electronics and Software Engineer. It's true, if you need something to work out of the box then DJI do probably have you covered.

Funnily enough I haven't built a custom drone for almost a decade, since such good stuff has been made available of the shelf.
2021-12-22
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-22 08:06
Thanks. Yeah you got me. Electronics and Software Engineer. It's true, if you need something to work out of the box then DJI do probably have you covered.

Funnily enough I haven't built a custom drone for almost a decade, since such good stuff has been made available of the shelf.

I'm very interested in this stuff,   and I'm looking through how to wire up a drone ".   But right now I want to fly.   I'm not going to just quit.  
2021-12-22
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-21 21:29
Hello there BarnSwallow. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to fly the said FPV drone to a different location to see if the issue will persist? In addition I hope that your fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best recommendation with regard to this matter. Again, I apologize and thank you.

It's been a rough road.  I've got a long way to go but I'm not going to just quit.     One thing, I've been using my skills I learned in liftoff to fly my mini2 as an FPV drone in Level mode.  It works, is 4K and I'm having a blast with it flying through trees.  It might be exactly what I want.
2021-12-22
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

First I have to make a clarification concerning the antennas that are mounted on V2 googles: they are DUAL BAND LINEAR antennas.

FPV drones like your Protek that mount Air Unit or Caddx Vista have omnidirectional LHCP antennas.

To have a good video signal you should also mount LHCP on the googles of the other antennas and you have put a patch antenna and you have done very well.

Having said that, I must tell you that flying a classic FPV drone requires experience and various knowledge.

The problem you may have is some contact between the components and the frame .... due to the various crashes suffered by your drone !!

The loss of signal you had at the beginning of your flights is really strange being that you fly to the USA and therefore in FCC !!

I, who have to fly in CE, arrive at distances of almost 1 KM ...

For your second unresponsive drone you have commands in Betaflight have you checked the settings related to the receiver?

Has the correct serial port for the receiver been selected and activated?

Unfortunately with an FPV drone there are many factors and it is difficult to help through a forum !!

Hello and happy Christmas holidays

Max90PayneFPV
2021-12-22
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Nicodema Posted at 12-22 03:04

If you don't have an LC filter in place, try this... https://web.archive.org/web/20141001030303/http://www.fpvuk.org/how-tos/lc-filters/

Hello !! Usually the video interference problems of the kind you refer to are typical of the analog system.

Here I think there is an electronic short between some compositions following the crashes !!

Furthermore, that connector thus discovered is not a good thing .... I think it is the connector of the RX .... which from what I understand does not use because it uses the RX of the Air Unit.

I have the Protek35 and it's a fantastic drone and I've never had any problems ..
2021-12-22
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!!

Try to disconnect all the various components and try everything individually.

First the only FC to the PC to see if everything works.

Then power on the Air Unit only and test the video connection with your googles.

Do not desist in wanting to fly in FPV because the sensations that this type of flight can give you are unique.

Here's what you can do with your Protek35

2021-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules