2836 21 2021-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm thinking of buying the new Smart Controller for use with my Air 2S. I see it's being offered in a new FlyMore package, but I already have the Air2S and FlyMore package. On the DJI site, it says it is compatibile with the Mavic 3. I would think that may have changed with a software update to let it run with the DJI Air2S packages, but maybe not.

Does anyone know. If I buy one stand alone, not with the Air2S package, will a software update let the RC Pro run with the Air 2S? Maybe DJI will chime in here. I'll order one of the answer is yes.

Thanks
2021-12-22
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Pre-existing thread on this - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D768%26typeid%3D768

DJI says no, everyone else who has been able to actually try the thing seem to indicate that it works.
2021-12-22
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

Was going to post the link that sduck already posted to the thread interesting views from others...

Also came across this video not sure of the chaps credentials but it seems quite informative. Interesting analysis of our Air2s Chipset and O3 ....Watch the whole thing from the start for a good analysis and description of Ocusync... or skip through to 15 or so mins for us with the Air2s.

2021-12-22
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 12-22 08:54
Was going to post the link that sduck already posted to the thread interesting views from others...

Also came across this video not sure of the chaps credentials but it seems quite informative. Interesting analysis of our Air2s Chipset and O3 ....Watch the whole thing from the start or skip through to 15 or so mins for us with the Air2s.

Thanks to all for the replies. Some say it works, others (and DJI) say no.Should not be hard to get something definitive. I note that the SC that ships with the ir 2S Fly More package is designated RC-N1. The stand alone new controller is called the RC Pro. As I said, if there was a definitive answer I'd order one. DJI is missing a lot of revenue by making themselves so obtuse.
2021-12-22
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Ireland

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 12-22 09:05
Thanks to all for the replies. Some say it works, others (and DJI) say no.Should not be hard to get something definitive. I note that the SC that ships with the ir 2S Fly More package is designated RC-N1. The stand alone new controller is called the RC Pro. As I said, if there was a definitive answer I'd order one. DJI is missing a lot of revenue by making themselves so obtuse.

Yeah I hear you, for me I can't seem to get my head around the confusion and or the reasoning and or ethos behind it. It appears DJI don't do themselves any favors in distributing info this way???
2021-12-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 12-22 09:05
Thanks to all for the replies. Some say it works, others (and DJI) say no.Should not be hard to get something definitive. I note that the SC that ships with the ir 2S Fly More package is designated RC-N1. The stand alone new controller is called the RC Pro. As I said, if there was a definitive answer I'd order one. DJI is missing a lot of revenue by making themselves so obtuse.

It has been stated several times across the forum and YouTube, the ONLY way the RC Pro works with any drone other than the M3 is in the 2S Fly More Bundle with SC. DJI ran short of the original SC and adapted a run of RC Pros to substitute. If you buy the RC Pro stand alone, it will NOT work. At this time! There may or may not be updates that allow pairing with other drones at a later date, but I wouldn't count on it.
2021-12-22
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-22 09:15
It has been stated several times across the forum and YouTube, the ONLY way the RC Pro works with any drone other than the M3 is in the 2S Fly More Bundle with SC. DJI ran short of the original SC and adapted a run of RC Pros to substitute. If you buy the RC Pro stand alone, it will NOT work. At this time! There may or may not be updates that allow pairing with other drones at a later date, but I wouldn't count on it.

Agreed. But others have said it works, hence the confusion. I've put in a note to DJI. They can clear the air. I'm inclined to think it won't work, but that could change quickly.
2021-12-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 12-22 09:17
Agreed. But others have said it works, hence the confusion. I've put in a note to DJI. They fan clear the air. I'm inclined to think it won't work, but that could change quickly.

The ONLY way it works is with the Fly More SC package.
2021-12-22
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-22 09:21
The ONLY way it works is with the Fly More SC package.

It also begs the question that even if it worked, and a person upgraded to a Mavic 3 or beyond would that Smart controller work? What a mess.
2021-12-22
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-22 09:21
The ONLY way it works is with the Fly More SC package.

A chap here paired a new RC Pro with his older Air2s, so it seems to work.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 689&pid=2628136
2021-12-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 12-22 09:26
A chap here paired a new RC Pro with his older Air2s, so it seems to work.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=252689&pid=2628136

I seriously doubt he did. No other corroborating posts or videos. The one for the 2S has custom firmware that locks out other drones. It may eventually be unlocked, but for now, no.
2021-12-22
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-22 09:54
I seriously doubt he did. No other corroborating posts or videos. The one for the 2S has custom firmware that locks out other drones. It may eventually be unlocked, but for now, no.

Thanks for that
2021-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are two versions of the new RC Pro controller one for Mavic 3 and one for Air2S.   Until they merge the firmware youre stuck.     The Air2S RC Pro can only be purchased in a bundle at the moment.
2021-12-23
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 02:23
There are two versions of the new RC Pro controller one for Mavic 3 and one for Air2S.   Until they merge the firmware youre stuck.     The Air2S RC Pro can only be purchased in a bundle at the moment.

Hi mate. I'm monitoring a few threads about this and the consensus seems to be that only the RC Pro bundled with the Air 2S combo as a replacement for the SC, is compatible.

I'm tempted to buy this combo here in the UK in the hope that it's shipped with the RC Pro, but nobody, yet nobody can or will confirm if this is the case, including DJI, yet some UK customers are saying they received the RC Pro in said bundle and the DJI UK store itself is even saying the SC isn't available standalone in this country now.

It would just be helpful to get some answers. Any answers. I'd buy the combo with a view to selling everything else as I already have an Air 2S and plenty of batteries, but I don't even know if the RC Pro would work with my existing Air 2S or if it's locked to the packaged drone.

All very frustrating. A bit of clarity is all we're asking for
2021-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 12-25 08:20
Hi mate. I'm monitoring a few threads about this and the consensus seems to be that only the RC Pro bundled with the Air 2S combo as a replacement for the SC, is compatible.

I'm tempted to buy this combo here in the UK in the hope that it's shipped with the RC Pro, but nobody, yet nobody can or will confirm if this is the case, including DJI, yet some UK customers are saying they received the RC Pro in said bundle and the DJI UK store itself is even saying the SC isn't available standalone in this country now.

Yes. In some places they are selling that combo  but it really depends on stock levels.   I see you’re in the U.K. so make sure you understand the limits of this drone without a Cx label.  And don’t assume it will get anything retrospectively as until it happens nothing is guaranteed.
2021-12-25
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 09:58
Yes. In some places they are selling that combo  but it really depends on stock levels.   I see you’re in the U.K. so make sure you understand the limits of this drone without a Cx label.  And don’t assume it will get anything retrospectively as until it happens nothing is guaranteed.

Like I say, I already have an Air 2S and to be honest, I've stopped worrying about C classifications because the relevant authorities don't seem to have a clue what they're doing so I'm not stressing over that unnecessarily and will deal with it when the time comes.

I just want to upgrade to the RC Pro rather than aimlessly trying to find a tablet that's bright enough, and eliminate the cumbersome combination with the standard controller.

I can't quite understand why DJI are making it so hard and awkward for Air 2S users to upgrade, when it's clearly possible to make the RC Pro compatible.

Another in a worrying series of missteps from them lately  
2021-12-25
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

sduck Posted at 12-22 08:44
Pre-existing thread on this - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=252689&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D768%26typeid%3D768

DJI says no, everyone else who has been able to actually try the thing seem to indicate that it works.
The answer is YES! I just bought the Air 2S with the Fly More Combo on 12/12/2021 and it came with the RC Pro Controller. I just did my first flight today and it was amazing. I’m not sure why people are saying it won’t work with the Air 2S when the controller came with the aircraft!
2021-12-26
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Chuck1906 Posted at 12-26 15:34
The answer is YES! I just bought the Air 2S with the Fly More Combo on 12/12/2021 and it came with the RC Pro Controller. I just did my first flight today and it was amazing. I’m not sure why people are saying it won’t work with the Air 2S when the controller came with the aircraft!

I think the issue isn't with the RC Pro currently bundled with the Air 2S, but more that the standalone RC Pro won't work with it and the bundled one won't work with the Mavic 3 for those who have one.

The confusion would be easily fixed by rolling out the firmware that works with both for all RC Pro's. It's obviously capable of doing so, but DJI bafflingly choose not to.

2021-12-27
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

So I've bought the RC Pro, standalone, to use with my Air 2S. Backordered at B&H, so it'll be a few days/weeks until I actually have it. As we know, the standalone version will not currently work with the Air 2S, although DJI has promised to provide an update - sometime in the indefinite future - to make this possible. In the meantime, we know that the difference is the firmware loaded - v01.00.0400 for the Mavic 3, and v03.00.0008 for the Air 2S. So it's just a matter of getting the correct firmware loaded once i get it (if DJI is still dragging it's heels).

I found this video where someone manages to change the firmware on their RC Pro from the Air 2S version to the Mavic 3 version:

Obviously some basic command line stuff, but it's in a different language and I can't really follow what's happening. I'm OK with doing command line stuff like this - does anyone know what's happening, and is it something that we can do?
2021-12-27
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

B&H has start shipping the RC Pro controller this week. I purchased the pro controller from B&H last month to use with my Air2S and Mavic 2 Zoom.  The Pro controller will be arriving January 3rd and I am counting on DJI to follow up with an update soon after if not already to be compatible with the Air 2S and Mavic 2 Pro Zoom.

I have till February 1st to return the pro controller to B&H if DJI does not have an update by then. I will follow up next week to confirm if the new RC smart controller binds with the Air2S and Mavic zoom.
2022-1-1
Use props
Jumpy07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1738885 ft
United Kingdom

Cant find anywhere in the UK that does this bundle, and DJI say they will only ship the RC Pro if they dont have stock of the old Smart Controller.. so luck dip :-(
2022-2-1
Use props
Rrrick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42162 ft
United States

Yes it works with the newest firmware update to the RC Pro.  I had the Air 2s fly more combo for quite a while, and bought the stand alone RC Pro , which initially would not pair with my Air 2s.  After waiting several weeks, and assurances from DJI, an update to the RC Pro firmware came out that allows pairing with either the Mavic 3 or the Air 2s.  Mines been working great for about a week now, just did some nice flying and filming out over the ocean here in Hawaii!  
2022-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules