105064 125 2021-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gummi_kless
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106601 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

I do not install third party apps on my phone, not Chinese or any others.

This is simply something that a trustworthy device manufacturer doesn't require customers to do.

I'm assuming DJI are complying to the rules of the Apple app store because on Apple they simply have no chance to offer third party apps.

DJI no longer having their apps in the Play store is a sign that they are not a trustworthy device manufacturer.

I have purchased a DJI Air, Mavic 2 Pro, two Robomasters, RS2 gimbal and an Osmo Mobile 3.0 - If the apps don't return to the Play store I sure as hell won't be purchasing any further DJI products.
2023-3-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

gummi_kless Posted at 3-6 06:21
I do not install third party apps on my phone, not Chinese or any others.

This is simply something that a trustworthy device manufacturer doesn't require customers to do.

Your deductions are wrong. Google Play store has changed the packaging and DJI has not complied. The software is fine, just no longer available from the play store. You can get it at the Samsung Galaxy store.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/ ... e-format-play-store
2023-3-6
Use props
NoAppsInPlayStoreNoTrust
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106601 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-6 07:38
Your deductions are wrong. Google Play store has changed the packaging and DJI has not complied. The software is fine, just no longer available from the play store. You can get it at the Samsung Galaxy store.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/30/22557390/google-apk-app-bundles-package-format-play-store

No. The apps are not available in the Galaxy store.
Why are you here claiming something as obviously false like that?
2023-3-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

NoAppsInPlayStoreNoTrust Posted at 3-6 08:26
No. The apps are not available in the Galaxy store.
Why are you here claiming something as obviously false like that?

Here, you have to use the app.
Screenshot_20230306_112145_Galaxy Store.jpg
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_WQYypWQtwQ3i
New
United States

Today the US has lost all confidence and can only use dirty tricks to suppress companies from China.
2023-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_WQYypWQtwQ3i Posted at 3-9 11:45
Today the US has lost all confidence and can only use dirty tricks to suppress companies from China.

Maybe you need to do a little research. Google this - Play store no more APKs
2023-3-9
Use props
djiuser_NH3C7RBIPucf
New

Japan

I cannot install APK from non-playstore on my device, what should I do?
2023-3-17
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

djiuser_NH3C7RBIPucf Posted at 3-17 04:44
I cannot install APK from non-playstore on my device, what should I do?

You may wish to purchase and install Litchi.  It's very full featured and will run on Android.
2023-3-22
Use props
othoap
lvl.1

United States

Yeah, really confusing. I downloaded a third party app not knowing DJI was so bad they were kicked off the play store.
2023-3-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

othoap Posted at 3-28 14:40
Yeah, really confusing. I downloaded a third party app not knowing DJI was so bad they were kicked off the play store.

Read this -
2023-3-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-29 07:30
Read this -

I get a 404, page could not be found error
2023-3-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-29 12:34
I get a 404, page could not be found error

How about now?
2023-3-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-29 12:37
How about now?
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/30/22557390/google-apk-app-bundles-package-format-play-store

It's working, ta.
2023-3-29
Use props
anwrknana
New

Lebanon

No, it is possible that it is not available in your country. You can download a modified version from the Play Store to show you all the applications that are not available in your country from here:google play download
2023-4-2
Use props
anwrknana
New

Lebanon

No, it is possible that it is not available in your country. You can download a modified version from the Play Store to show you all the applications that are not available in your country from here  google play
2023-4-2
Use props
anwrknana
New

Lebanon

No, it is possible that it is not available in your country. You can download a modified version from the Play Store to show you all the applications that are not available in your country from here: google play download https://www.brostakamoha.site/2023/04/apk-downloader-google-play.html
2023-4-2
Use props
anwrknana
New

Lebanon

No, it is possible that it is not available in your country. You can download a modified version from the Play Store to show you all the applications that are not available in your country from here: google play download https://www.brostakamoha.site/2023/04/apk-downloader-google-play.html
2023-4-2
Use props
anwrknana
New

Lebanon

No, it is possible that it is not available in your country. You can download a modified version from the Play Store to show you all the applications that are not available in your country from here: google play download
2023-4-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

This thread was fun... There was a time when google didn't have that much control over the masses... It was easier then, to go about your business...
2023-4-2
Use props
djiuser_zRjOLxxOT3fC
lvl.1
United States

July 2023 and the DJI Fly app still doesn't exist on the Google Play Store. Disturbing...
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_zRjOLxxOT3fC
lvl.1
United States

July 2023 and the DJI Fly app still doesn't exist on the Google Play Store. Disturbing...
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_zRjOLxxOT3fC
lvl.1
United States

2023-7-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_zRjOLxxOT3fC Posted at 7-10 20:51
July 2023 and the DJI Fly app still doesn't exist on the Google Play Store. Disturbing...

In case you missed it - https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/ ... e-format-play-store
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_zRjOLxxOT3fC Posted at 7-10 20:51
July 2023 and the DJI Fly app still doesn't exist on the Google Play Store. Disturbing...

Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain complete updates of the app. DJI official download link: (www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-24
Use props
HFMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 882106 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-24 01:27
Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain complete updates of the app. DJI official download link: (www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp). Thank you for your understanding and support.

This is a WEAK explanation.  The change from APK to AAB was announced TWO YEARS ago.  Per the announcement by google, "For most apps, very little work is required to build an AAB instead of an APK. It’s mostly a matter of choosing a different option at build time and then testing as normal. The app bundle is an open source format supported by major build tools such as Android Studio, Gradle, Bazel, Buck, Cocos Creator, Unity, Unreal Engine, and other engines. Play Core Native and Play Core Java & Kotlin SDKs also make it easy to start using optional, advanced app bundle features, whatever your preferred coding environment."   

If the DJI Fly app uses OBBs (which are not signed and hence are NOT secure)  to serve additional resources to users, these can be replaced by PAD.  In other words, DJI has had MONTHS to make a simple change to the build process of DJI Fly.  I maintain that the ONLY reason DJI has chosen not to implement this change is because of the additional security constraints this new format forces and said security would expose the back doors that DJI has placed into the app.
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HFMan Posted at 8-3 08:55
This is a WEAK explanation.  The change from APK to AAB was announced TWO YEARS ago.  Per the announcement by google, "For most apps, very little work is required to build an AAB instead of an APK. It’s mostly a matter of choosing a different option at build time and then testing as normal. The app bundle is an open source format supported by major build tools such as Android Studio, Gradle, Bazel, Buck, Cocos Creator, Unity, Unreal Engine, and other engines. Play Core Native and Play Core Java & Kotlin SDKs also make it easy to start using optional, advanced app bundle features, whatever your preferred coding environment."   

If the DJI Fly app uses OBBs (which are not signed and hence are NOT secure)  to serve additional resources to users, these can be replaced by PAD.  In other words, DJI has had MONTHS to make a simple change to the build process of DJI Fly.  I maintain that the ONLY reason DJI has chosen not to implement this change is because of the additional security constraints this new format forces and said security would expose the back doors that DJI has placed into the app.

Thank you for your feedback. We totally understand your point. We will surely record this concern of yours and will make sure to reach the designated team for attention. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-8-5
Use props
CWO512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12766 ft
United States

HFMan Posted at 8-3 08:55

If the DJI Fly app uses OBBs (which are not signed and hence are NOT secure)  to serve additional resources to users, these can be replaced by PAD.  In other words, DJI has had MONTHS to make a simple change to the build process of DJI Fly.  I maintain that the ONLY reason DJI has chosen not to implement this change is because of the additional security constraints this new format forces and said security would expose the back doors that DJI has placed into the app.

The app has been on the Apple Store all along. How about just scrap your Android spy phone that sends EVERYTHING you do to Google, buy an iPhone and be done with it. You're worried about DJI Fly having a "back door" in it? Your Android Google-enabled tracking device is what's got the huge back door in it.
2023-8-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_zRjOLxxOT3fC Posted at 7-10 20:34

Nice passycat.....
2023-8-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

CWO512 Posted at 8-20 18:43
The app has been on the Apple Store all along. How about just scrap your Android spy phone that sends EVERYTHING you do to Google, buy an iPhone and be done with it. You're worried about DJI Fly having a "back door" in it? Your Android Google-enabled tracking device is what's got the huge back door in it.

Are you saying you don't use any goggle products on your iphone?
2023-8-20
Use props
Sir Sceptalot
lvl.1
Belgium

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-11 09:58
In case you missed it - https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/30/22557390/google-apk-app-bundles-package-format-play-store

Hey guys, maybe we could start a gofundme to make sure DJI has the money to update their app to the new format! And if they're still not able to do it, maybe we can find someone on fiverr that can do it?
2023-10-11
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

djiuser_u4JGnuIXQU7X Posted at 2022-6-22 08:01
I've just gone into a new phone contract and new phone not compatible so a 1000 pounds worth of drone down the drain

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this updated google play store. https://thegeekpage.com/how-to-f ... -google-play-store/
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sir Sceptalot Posted at 10-11 23:47
Hey guys, maybe we could start a gofundme to make sure DJI has the money to update their app to the new format! And if they're still not able to do it, maybe we can find someone on fiverr that can do it?

Hi there. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain complete updates on the app. DJI official download link: www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-19
Use props
djiuser_AoxNCNkK9exa
New
Flight distance : 981204 ft
United States

Google removed it because it did not force all purchases to go through Google.
2023-10-27
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
United States

Well I'll be a Ding-Dong Daddy!  DJI Fly is in the Google Play store again.  It's oddly called DJI Fly - GO For DJI Drone but there nonetheless.  It looks legit and says the author is DJI Technology Co. LTD.  The logo is right too.
2023-10-31
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE -

The DJI Fly version in Google Play immediately asks you to upgrade to a paid "premium" version.  It also installed two icons on my phone that are slightly different.

I'm going to say - I don't trust this app and have now uninstalled it (both icons)
2023-10-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BKahuna Posted at 10-31 15:21
UPDATE -

The DJI Fly version in Google Play immediately asks you to upgrade to a paid "premium" version.  It also installed two icons on my phone that are slightly different.

It IS a bogus app. DJI Fly is NOT available from the Play store.
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BKahuna Posted at 10-31 15:21
UPDATE -

The DJI Fly version in Google Play immediately asks you to upgrade to a paid "premium" version.  It also installed two icons on my phone that are slightly different.

We are very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. After further confirmation with our concerned team, there are some imitated DJI Apps on Playstore made by illegal individuals for fraud which may cause risk to the property security of our users.
In order to protect the rights and interests of our users, we have complained about this problem to the Play Store. As the brand owner, we will actively protect the rights and interests of our users. As a victim of such a case, we will also actively protect DJI's intellectual property rights.
At the same time, we recommend that you download the App from DJI's official channels to ensure that you can get a safe and reliable version. And here is the link to our official download center:https://www.dji.com/global/downloads.
Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-31
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for looking into it and pretty bad the Google Play store allows anyone to publish under your name.  I think the best way to avoid this in the future is if you were to publish DJI Fly under your name in the Google Play store.  Nobody wants to side-load an app.
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_6YwjgeEOcR8X
New

Canada

Leospelos Posted at 2022-2-26 23:12
Susan I am not sure if DJI dev team knows it :-). If you have a company phone, you are not allowed to instal apps from "unknown sources". It is locked by the system admin! So, you suggeztion for me will be to buy a private, second phone, right? Just because of your stuppide war with Google?

Put in a ticket with IT's service desk and ask for the application to be packaged and added to an approved list.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BKahuna Posted at 11-1 08:02
Thanks for looking into it and pretty bad the Google Play store allows anyone to publish under your name.  I think the best way to avoid this in the future is if you were to publish DJI Fly under your name in the Google Play store.  Nobody wants to side-load an app.

We understand the inconvenience. It has not yet been determined when the apps will be downloadable again from Google Play. If there are any further updates, we will promptly send out a notification. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-11
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules