1234Next >
104927 125 2021-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Maybe I'm losing my marbles but can someone please confirm this?  I could no longer get my RC to communicate with my phone (Samsung S10, Android 10) and so I uninstalled it and went to the Play Store to get a new copy and DJI Fly doesn't appear to be there anymore.  I thought maybe DJI no longer supported Android 10 so it just didn't show as an app compatible with my phone but when I use my browser to go here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=DJI+TECHNOLOGY+CO.,+LTD

I see all the DJI apps in the Play Store and Fly is not there.  I've dug through these forums (the search is pretty lame) and have found no other discussions about this.  Can anyone else see the DJI Fly app in the store?  I think I can download the APK from here:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... elease/#description

But wonder if and why it's been removed.

2021-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

But wonder if and why it's been removed.

It's because of political games your government is playing.
Go to DJI and download it from there.
2021-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. Thank you for your understanding.

Do not be concerned. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain the complete updates in the app.

DJI official download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp
2021-12-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I actually prefer to do a manual installation instead of letting Google Play do it. I stopped using Google Play for this over a year ago.
2021-12-22
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
United States

I found it at DJI and was able to successfully side-load it.  Thanks!
2021-12-22
Use props
Twopine27510
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-22 19:48
We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. Thank you for your understanding.

Do not be concerned. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain the complete updates in the app.

Screenshot_20211226-133025_DuckDuckGo.jpg
2021-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please try out this link https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp
2021-12-27
Use props
Leospelos
lvl.1

Czechia

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-12-22 19:48

Susan I am not sure if DJI dev team knows it :-). If you have a company phone, you are not allowed to instal apps from "unknown sources". It is locked by the system admin! So, you suggeztion for me will be to buy a private, second phone, right? Just because of your stuppide war with Google?
2022-2-26
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

Leospelos Posted at 2-26 23:12
Susan I am not sure if DJI dev team knows it :-). If you have a company phone, you are not allowed to instal apps from "unknown sources". It is locked by the system admin! So, you suggeztion for me will be to buy a private, second phone, right? Just because of your stuppide war with Google?

Idk its DJI's fault? why a company, who usually aims at getting more profits, wants to lock himself from google and causing their customer troubles, and only to get negative reviews.?
Its nonsense to me tbh.
maybe go ask google
2022-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Just because of your stuppide war with Google?
DJI doesn't have a war with Google.
The US government coerced Google to make things difficult for Huawei and DJI.

2022-2-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-27 00:36
Just because of your stuppide war with Google?
DJI doesn't have a war with Google.
The US government coerced Google to make things difficult for Huawei and DJI.

You have ZERO evidence to support that. Your OPINION only.
2022-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-27 06:31
You have ZERO evidence to support that. Your OPINION only.

It's not an opinion ...it's the facts.
Are you completely ignorant of what's been going on in the world for the last few years?

Get someone to read these to you:
https://www.androidpolice.com/20 ... ministration-exits/
https://www.independent.co.uk/ne ... ction-b1777336.html
https://gizmodo.com/dji-drones-c ... administ-1834898234
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12 ... transaction-blocked
https://www.reuters.com/article/ ... ource-idUKKCN1SP0NB

2022-2-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-27 13:29
It's not an opinion ...it's the facts.
Are you completely ignorant of what's been going on in the world for the last few years?

If you had someone read these articles to you, you would understand the putpose. I will let you do your own research. Huwei has been PROVEN to use their electronic tech to spy on western countries.  Anyway, how does this coerce Google to take the app from the Play Store? Google gives very little weight to what the U.S government says.
2022-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-27 19:01
If you had someone read these articles to you, you would understand the putpose. I will let you do your own research. Huwei has been PROVEN to use their electronic tech to spy on western countries.  Anyway, how does this coerce Google to take the app from the Play Store? Google gives very little weight to what the U.S government says.

Maybe you need to find someone else to read for you.
2022-2-27
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the fly app was removed from my smart controller and when i manually download it work but when i turn it off it deletes it again so i need to install it every single time, whats going on?
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_EwbYHDiHjxIX
New

United States

DJI fly stopped working for me, so I tried Uninstalling it and reinstalling it only to figure out the DJI app was no longer on Google Play. I did some reading and ended up downloading the app from the DJI website. The install went fine, but when I open the app it automatically opens some tutorial folder on the right and freezes, no touch control, nothing...
2022-4-24
Use props
Nychu5
lvl.1

United States

I'm not comfortable side-loading apps any longer. The fact that DJI is not running their apps through the Google Play Store vetting process is concerning to me. I would feel the same with any other vendor. I've been a big fan of DJI, but this latest development is making me even more skeptical. The only other solution I could envision would be purchasing a dedicated iPhone for use with my DJI stuff, which is annoying as well.
2022-4-27
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
United States

That's what I ended up doing.  My iPad mini 4 was no longer powerful enough to run Fly so I ended up buying a new iPad mini so I could fly again.  Another thing to consider is that DJI Fly isn't the only flight control software out there.  Litchi finally has support for the MA2 and I really like Maven.  Maven has this really cool, augmented reality homepoint indicator that all the flight control apps should adapt.  You never get disoriented while flying because you can always see where home is.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_UW16IQh5oDfD
New

United States

Hi DJI Susan
I uploaded the link that you posted and have downloaded tge dji fly app from dji website.  It says it has been downloaded but the app still won't open.  What is going on and what should i do?  Very frustrating
2022-4-28
Use props
djiuser_KnIBYWRayK4n
New

United Kingdom

The download simply doesn't work. I can download it, but as soon as it's done, and I click it to install, I get the screen below. It opens in WPS Office which then says the file type is not supported. I'm running Android 11. As the fly app isn't available on the app store, and the download can't be installed on Android 11, I can't use the drone I just bought! Very disappointed. Anyone got any suggestions before I return it?
2022-4-29
Use props
TryToFly
New

United States

Just got my first drone in the mail today.  But I can't download the Fly app anywhere.  If I don't find a way by tomorrow, I'll return it to Amazon and find another brand I guess.  Too bad, DJI seemed to have good ratings.
2022-4-29
Use props
TryToFly
New

United States

Got Fly installed by downloading from the Samsung Store
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_UW16IQh5oDfD Posted at 4-28 22:38
Hi DJI Susan
I uploaded the link that you posted and have downloaded tge dji fly app from dji website.  It says it has been downloaded but the app still won't open.  What is going on and what should i do?  Very frustrating

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. After downloading the app, please ensure to enable the permission of "Install unknown apps"-"Allow from this source", and install the app from the file manager. See if this works.
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TryToFly Posted at 4-29 13:05
Just got my first drone in the mail today.  But I can't download the Fly app anywhere.  If I don't find a way by tomorrow, I'll return it to Amazon and find another brand I guess.  Too bad, DJI seemed to have good ratings.

Hi there, the latest DJI Fly app can be downloaded from our official website: https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_KnIBYWRayK4n Posted at 4-29 09:17
The download simply doesn't work. I can download it, but as soon as it's done, and I click it to install, I get the screen below. It opens in WPS Office which then says the file type is not supported. I'm running Android 11. As the fly app isn't available on the app store, and the download can't be installed on Android 11, I can't use the drone I just bought! Very disappointed. Anyone got any suggestions before I return it?

Hi, sorry for the difficulties. After downloading the app, please ensure to enable the permission of "Install unknown apps"-"Allow from this source" first, and install the app from the file manager. See if this works.
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_mAI2ZqhtMtRY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345328 ft

United Kingdom

My administrator does not allow me to side load applications that are not on the Google play store. When will the app be back on the play store? Otherwise you just locked me out of my own drone, which is not cool.
2022-5-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_mAI2ZqhtMtRY Posted at 5-13 10:36
My administrator does not allow me to side load applications that are not on the Google play store. When will the app be back on the play store? Otherwise you just locked me out of my own drone, which is not cool.

First: why are you using a work phone for play?
Second: ask politely for them to install it.
Or third: get a device dedicated to the drone.
If it a work drone, they SHOULD install it on their eqipment.
2022-5-13
Use props
djiuser_jKKrKBavIqKS
New

United States

I went to the dji store and downloaded the dji fly app through the website and the file won't open on my android. I have a samsung galaxy s21. Any recommendations?
2022-5-15
Use props
fredyt123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1780436 ft
United States

Hasn't been there for sometime, if at all since I picked up my MA2 about 10 mos. ago.  Anyway, the best download is from the DJI site.  The hitch is to make sure it is compatible with your phone/device.    I use android so I have it both on my phone (Motorola) as well as tablet (Lenovo).  https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-air-2
2022-5-15
Use props
lvl.1

Australia

TryToFly Posted at 4-29 14:40

I can't find samsung store... Is the phone app called 'samsung store' or something else? Thanks.
2022-5-17
Use props
lvl.1

Australia

Me too. It has just happened to me. I need my drone for work, and now I don't have an app to fly the damn thing. Do you know if a solution has been found yet? Thank you.
2022-5-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

@li Posted at 5-17 22:54
Me too. It has just happened to me. I need my drone for work, and now I don't have an app to fly the damn thing. Do you know if a solution has been found yet? Thank you.

Galaxy Store
2022-5-18
Use props
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 5-5 05:25
Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. After downloading the app, please ensure to enable the permission of "Install unknown apps"-"Allow from this source", and install the app from the file manager. See if this works.

Hello. Is there a solution for the app being unavailable in the app store yet? Thanks.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_obmYDwxModNJ
New

United States

I tried to download from the site and just get errors.  
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

@li Posted at 5-19 23:31
Hello. Is there a solution for the app being unavailable in the app store yet? Thanks.

Hi there, you may refer to this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_qau7GIQpcV3X
New

United Kingdom

App crashes at academy part of app, I've signed in after downloading the app as soon as app starts and highlights academy, I can't do no more?????
2022-6-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure you should be using a company phone to fly your drone, of course unless it’s the companies drone. But I do believe they should be making it available in the play store though. You do have a valid point that a person shouldn’t have to side load an app such as this.
2022-6-8
Use props
Gary Brandel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285650 ft
Canada

What, specifically, is the issue between google and DJI?  I'm not in the united states, so I couldn't care less about their idiotic politics, but I don't really enjoy the idea of enabling the option to allow downloads from unknown sources.  Is there a statement from DJI that addresses whatever this issue is?  Like what, exactly, is the problem?
2022-6-12
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 913891 ft
United Kingdom

TryToFly Posted at 4-29 14:40

This worked perfectly. Thank you
If you have a Samsung and having problems opening it, download it from Samsung Store.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_u4JGnuIXQU7X
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've just gone into a new phone contract and new phone not compatible so a 1000 pounds worth of drone down the drain
2022-6-22
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules