If the app prompts a “Disconnected” warning while using a dro...
18712 13 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

If the app prompts a “Disconnected” warning while using a drone

[Applicable Products]
Mavic Series, Phantom Series and Spark

[Prompt Description]
“Disconnected”: Some mobile devices fail to identify a valid remote controller connection. This issue is caused by a connection error between the mobile device and the remote controller.

[Issue Description]
For an aircraft using the DJI GO 4 app (such as the Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Phantom 4 Series, and Spark):
A warning stating “Disconnected” appears (as shown below).

For an aircraft using the DJI Fly app (such as the Mavic Mini, DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini SE, Mavic Air 2, DJI Air 2S and DJI Mavic 3):
“Connect Aircraft” is gray in the app. Go to the image transmission page, a warning stating that “Remote controller not connected to mobile device” appears (as shown below).

For an aircraft using the DJI GO app (such as the Phantom 3 Series):
“Camera” is gray in the app. Go to the image transmission page. A “Disconnected” or “How to Connect” warning appears (as shown below).
   or

[Reason for Issue]
  • Cable connection error
  • Remote controller port error
  • Mobile device error
  • Firmware version error
  • The Wi-Fi signal has been occupied (Only when the remote controller can be connected to a mobile device via Wi-Fi).
  • Compatibility error (Please refer to the compatibility list on the DJI official website to determine whether the mobile device used is compatible).

[Solution]
Wired connection: When the remote controller is connected to a mobile device using a cable.
For aircrafts in which only one Micro USB port in the remote controller can be connected to an external device (Mavic Mini, DJI Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini SE, DJI Air 2S, DJI Mavic 3, Phantom 4 Series, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Pro and Spark):
Disconnect and reconnect the Micro USB cable (from the mobile phone and the remote controller). Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting the Micro USB cable. If there are other cables, you can replace other cables.
  • Restart the remote controller.
  • When an Android device is used, please enable USB debugging on the mobile phone. (In DJI GO, DJI GO 4 or DJI Fly, enable this function in Me - Settings. In DJI Fly, enable this function on the mobile phone.)
  • Note: For most devices, set the Connection Mode to Only Charge. For some devices, it is required to set to MTP or PTP mode.
  • Try to reinstall the app after the important information synced successfully and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.
  • Switch to a device with a different operating system (Android <--> iOS).

Wired connection:
For aircrafts which have two ports (at top-left and bottom) on the remote controller which can be connected to an external device (Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro):
    1. When using the Micro USB port at the bottom of the remote controller, disconnect the left Micro USB cable.
    2. Disconnect and reconnect the Micro USB cable (from the mobile phone and the remote controller). Wait 10 seconds before      reconnecting the Micro USB cable. If there are other cables, you can replace other cables.
    3. Restart the remote controller.
    4. When an Android device is used, please enable USB debugging on the mobile phone. (In DJI GO or DJI GO 4, enable this function in Me - Settings. In DJI Fly, enable this function on the mobile phone.)
Note 1: For most devices, set the Connection Mode to Only Charge. For some devices, it is required to set to MTP or PTP mode.
Note 2: For Huawei Devices, it is recommended not to use the original Huawei cable.
    5. Try to reinstall the app after the important information synced successfully and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.
    6. Switch to a device with a different operating system (Android <--> iOS).

Wireless connection: When the remote controller is connected to a mobile device via Wi-Fi. (Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 SE, Phantom 3 4K and Spark)
  • Check whether other devices are connected to the remote controller signal. We recommend that you restart the remote controller and connects to Wi-Fi once it appears to prevent other devices from automatically connecting to it.
  • Check the remote controller’s Wi-Fi SSID and password and try to reset the remote controller’s Wi-Fi.
  • Check whether the mobile device’s Wi-Fi signal is occupied. If so, please disconnect related devices.
  • Ensure that when the mobile device’s Wi-Fi Assistant is disabled, Wi-Fi signals without network connection will automatically disconnect (such as Android WLAN+ and iOS Wi-Fi Assistant).
  • After important data have been synchronized successfully, try to reinstall the app and restart the mobile device. Then try reconnecting. 6. Switch to a device with a different operation system (Android <--> iOS).

Based on the drone model, you can refer to the above troubleshooting steps for troubleshooting. If the issue persists, please prepare the below information and contact our technical support, thank you.
[Information Collection]
  • Mobile device information, including the device model and system version.
  • Operation video (we recommend taking a video from a third-person perspective).
  • Remote controller firmware version and app version.
  • For Mavic Pro and the Mavic 2 Series, please export App log about the connection between the remote controller and mobile device. Path: DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/ConnectDebug.
  • For Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2 and DJI Air 2S, please export the App logs in the mobile device, Path: “DJI/dji.go.v5/logs”, and “DJI/dji.go.v5/sdk”; and the remote controller log in the remote controller (which is supposed to be export via corresponding DJI Assistant software, export method is same as that of aircraft flight data).

2021-12-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

• While flying..
  • If you lose feed and can't control it by looking at it, hold the RTH button.
  • If you can still control it, try flying it in third-person and land.
  • Close, Re-open app if it remains "grey".
  • Wait up to 30 minutes.
  • If the drone does not come back.. hope no one calls you to know the damage that has been done.

I've never had a DJI drone crash or fly away on me.  One time, screen went super grey, I waited like 10 minutes, thinking it was certainly gone but when I was ready to leave, I saw it near me while I was in the vehicle.

When I switch from Pix4D to Go4 while in the air I get the "disconnect" temporarily but the it goes to green.

and imo the directions of post #1 look confusing for new people especially to the people not technically inclined at all.  If people have problems there though.. they shouldn't be flying.

2021-12-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 2021-12-29 09:12While flying..If you lose feed and can't control it by looking at it, hold the RTH button.If you can still control it, try flying it in third-person and land.

Hi AntDX316, thank you for sharing your experience. Happy and safe flying.
2022-1-7
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

Por experiencia en mi primer drone un DJI MAVIC MINI version 1, estaba en una zona montañosa, lo eleve sobre unas nubes en la cual perdi contacto visual con el drone. en ese momento se desconecto la aeronave ... espere mas de 6 minutos y no aparecía yo decepcionado que había perdido mi aeronave, comencé a guardar todo el equipo, apague el control dando todo por perdido, para sorpresa el drone estaba llegando y alistandose a aterrizar desde el punto de despegue... ( si nosotros configuramos adecauadamente nuesto RPO-RTH tenesmos menos probabilidades de que nuestro drone se accidente o se pierda al momento de desconectarse. )  
2022-3-30
Use props
fans886bea3a
New

Philippines

I encountered this recently with my Mavic 2, drone was still flyable
but you couldnt get any camera feed. Former spark user and never had this issue before.

Would disconnecting and reconnecting the phone connection be safe while the drone is flying?
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_BkCyQ7csA9u4
New

United States

I found that I have to use a different cable when using an I Pad. I currently use a 10g, 100w 3 foot cable bought on amazon. I fly 30 times a month and have no issues since replaced. DJI needs to recognise this and make a faster cable for ipad use. The current cable they have is only good for 480MGPS. It is not enough to supply the new ipads.
2022-11-28
Use props
Stian Haugen
New

Norway

Hi,   I have a similar issue with the Mavic 2 Pro that Im using. The drone can still be maneuvered with the joysticks, but the apps display a loss of connection to the drone. Unplugging the remote control cable to the mobile device seems to work for a couple of seconds before the contact yet again is lost.  The curious part is that this always happens in one specific area, and not other places. Im suspecting an interference of signal.   Does anybody know about this and what to do about it?
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Stian Haugen Posted at 11-14 10:57
Hi,   I have a similar issue with the Mavic 2 Pro that Im using. The drone can still be maneuvered with the joysticks, but the apps display a loss of connection to the drone. Unplugging the remote control cable to the mobile device seems to work for a couple of seconds before the contact yet again is lost.  The curious part is that this always happens in one specific area, and not other places. Im suspecting an interference of signal.   Does anybody know about this and what to do about it?

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Hello there. The main factors that affect the transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. Please check the notes below and see if it will help:
1. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
2. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

3. Keep note of trees and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.
4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-14
Use props
Stian Haugen
New

Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 21:38
Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Hello there. The main factors that affect the transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. Please check the notes below and see if it will help:
1. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
2. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

Thanks for your help and these tips. The problem occurs in just one specific area, so I would think it doesnt seem to be a firmware issue, since it works without problems other places?
The flight environment is a rock mass storage site as part of a road construction project. It is to be flown to calculate volume of masses. There is no above ground sources of disruption here, neither buildings, cables, or communication towers. However, there is an underground railway underneath. Can this be the reason and is there anything to do about it?
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Stian Haugen Posted at 11-14 22:58
Thanks for your help and these tips. The problem occurs in just one specific area, so I would think it doesnt seem to be a firmware issue, since it works without problems other places?
The flight environment is a rock mass storage site as part of a road construction project. It is to be flown to calculate volume of masses. There is no above ground sources of disruption here, neither buildings, cables, or communication towers. However, there is an underground railway underneath. Can this be the reason and is there anything to do about it?

Hi, Stian. That is possible as that is the only place you experience the issue. We highly recommend just flying to a different location. But I hope you get some tips or workaround with your co-pilots from their experiences.
2023-11-15
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Germany

Ensure that the mobile device is securely connected to the remote controller using the appropriate cable. Verify that the cable is not damaged. Power off both the mobile device and the remote controller. Restart both devices and attempt to reconnect. Disconnect and reconnect the cable between the mobile device and the remote controller. Try using a different cable to eliminate the possibility of a faulty cable.
2023-11-24
Use props
S. Shelton
New

United States

Recieved a fpv tosky vr drone for a present. That was last Christmas. A year later and I'm still trying to find out how to fly this thing. I have a pilots license and have flown for years but I cannot find one video or person that can help me fly this! Ridiculous to have to go thru this to fly this drone. I have a aovo drone and I flew that by myself in five minutes. This is a bad joke!
2023-12-4
Use props
fans67a6cdfe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 885449 ft
Thailand

Air2 constantly connects and than reconnects. Be it nearby 10m or high up in the air not further than 50m it disconnects and returns to home. I tried different controllers RC-N1 and tried different android phones the problem persists. I assume the problem is in the drone. My question is which of the boards inside the drone is responsible for the connection?
1-27 22:59
Use props
fans67a6cdfe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 885449 ft
Thailand

Air2 constantly connects and than reconnects. Be it nearby 10m or high up in the air not further than 50m it disconnects and returns to home. I tried different controllers RC-N1 and tried different android phones the problem persists. I assume the problem is in the drone. My question is which of the boards inside the drone is responsible for the connection?
1-27 23:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules