Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS Signal indoors
1605 4 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LE2021
New
United Kingdom

Hi All,
Im an owner of a new Mini 2 and completely new to drones in general. Ive watched loads of content to see how to set up and fly etc but i have one question about the GPS signal strength. After unboxing and setting up last night i switched it on inside my house to to do the initial setup. I was constantly getting the no GPS warning and it showed i was connected to 0 satelights. I decided to go outside to try and get the GPS to connect but standing 2-3 meters outside my front door it still wouldnt connect. Only when i walked away from my house into the middle of the street it connected and slowly linked to more satelights until it got to 11 in the end and good strength signal. is this normal to not be able to get GPS inside builidngs or close by? This morning i went over to my local playing fields to check it again and at just after turning the drone on i had the same problem but then it found them and connected after about a minute. Does it usually take a minute or 2 to connect until you can fly?

In Summary - Is it always a struggle to get GPS signal indoors & Does it take time after powering on the drone to find the GPS signal

Thanks for your help!
2021-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GPS requires direct line of sight to the sky,   being indoors or in the shadow of building will reduce the number of satellites you can lock onto.
2021-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

When out in open areas I usually get great GPS signal within a minute of starting my drones.  I am not able to get any GPS signal when indoors which forces you to fly in Atti mode.
2021-12-23
Use props
LE2021
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for your replies guys. That's given me a much better understanding of how the GPS works.
2021-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LE2021. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Please be careful while flying indoors as the DJI Mini 2 stabilization feature may experience interference and might affect the said drone. If you really need to fly indoors kindly please use a DJI Mini 2 Propeller Guard and activate the Payload mode on the DJI Fly application. The DJI Mini 2 Propeller Guard protects the propellers and other objects from damage. Just a reminder that when the said drone's GPS is weak, the safety feature of the DJI Mini 2 will trigger and limits the height to 5 meters for safety purposes. Interference from other sources might have triggered the drone to move uncontrollably.  The Vision System of the DJI Mini 2 allows the aircraft to hover at low altitudes ( 0.5 to 10 m ), but the ground must have distinct textures, and there needs to be sufficient lighting. Thank you.
2021-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules