Flying with Nvidia Shield K1
3629 25 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Anybody out there fly with a Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet please?
I've been using mine for years but think I might have changed some of the settings by accident and can't remember exactly what one has to set to use with the DJI GO App.
I remember that you have to go into the Developer mode and set USB Debugging to ON, I think, and USB Configuration to MTP.

Is there anything else one has to set as my Nvidia just won't connect to the RC. The DJI GO App runs OK, allows me to select the Phantom 3 Standard drone and enter "Camera" but then the screen just shows "Disconnected". See photo.

The drone flies just fine but obviously only visually as my screen is blank.

IMG_9392.jpg
2021-12-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha cheddar,

When this happens, I usually unplug the cable from the RC, wait 10-15 seconds and then re-plug the cable into the RC.  Works for me!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-23
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks Cetacean, I have actually changed the cable several time to in case they were the problem, but didn't change it.
2021-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there cheddar-man. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the said mobile device can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI drone for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.
2021-12-23
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The Nvidia Shield IS a "recommended mobile device" and I have been flying with it for years!!!
2021-12-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The list of recommended devices is on the specific Phantom page.  https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-ad ... e&from=landing_page

Requires Android 4.4 or later.  Compatible with LG V20, VIVO X9, OPPO R11, Google Pixel, Nexus 6P, Huawei P9, Huawei MATE 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, MI 6, MI5.

The Nvidia Shield K1 is a great tablet and works fine for the Phantoms I have flown but as you can see, it's never been on DJI's recommended list.  
2021-12-23
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I've always gone by this list

As I've said, it's been working just fine for years and suddenly decided not to connect to the RC.It is not an incompatibility issue.
2021-12-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Are you saying the tablet suddenly stopped working for both your P3S and P3A?  The other thread you started, you claim to have a P3A.  This one you claim to have a P3S.  You say it's not an incompatibility problem.  It's almost as if the info you're giving us is jumbled and incorrect.  If you are getting the exact same screen for both drones, then yeah, I'd say something must be wrong with your tablet.  But that seems unlikely.  Also the screen shot you're showing us is exactly the same for both aircraft including the camera tilt position.  That seems odd.  
2021-12-23
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A slight miss understanding there Mark, my fault. My drone is a P3A not S. When you first open the DJI GO App and scroll left Phantom Standard comes up, then you scroll down to the Advanced and select it.
At that point I get the CAMERA option, press that and it opens the App which shows DISCONNECTED with the satellite location bottom left from the Shield GPS connection.
Sorry for the confusion.
I'm just wondering if there any other settings I should be checking on the Shield, something I might have inadvertently changed that would prevent the Shield from connecting to the RC.
I have tried several USB cables that I know are good so I am pretty sure now that the problem is somewhere in the USB interface in the RC.
For four or more years now I have flown the drone with the Shield with no problems.
This all started when I stupidly let the RC battery go flat. After sorting that out, by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting, this problem reared its head!
2021-12-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 12-23 14:49
A slight miss understanding there Mark, my fault. My drone is a P3A not S. When you first open the DJI GO App and scroll left Phantom Standard comes up, then you scroll down to the Advanced and select it.
At that point I get the CAMERA option, press that and it opens the App which shows DISCONNECTED with the satellite location bottom left from the Shield GPS connection.
Sorry for the confusion.

Aloha cheddar,

Actually, what I meant in my post is to unplug and re-plug the USB while everything is on, (not change the USB cable).  That works since USB is "hot-swappable".  

Try this procedure.  

Turn on the nVidia.  (The USB cable should be connected to the RC.)
If the RC does not turn on automatically, then turn the RC on.  (Sometimes, you will be asked if you want the USB to be used.  Say yes.)
When the DJI emblem displays, turn on the P3.
The P3 should automatically go into "Camera" and the live feed.

If you get the disconnected indication, wait a minute and then unplug the USB cable and re-plug it in while everything is on.  The USB Plug-n-Play should recognize the P3 and camera.  It should work at that point.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-24
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks Cetacean, I'll give to a go a bit later and get back to you.
2021-12-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 12-24 01:15
Thanks Cetacean, I'll give to a go a bit later and get back to you.

Aloha cheddar,

If you can believe it, my friend may have the same problem!  With the nVidia and the P3A!  He just told me about it.  We will be working on it tomorrow.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-25
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Interesting! I am beginning to think it's the Shield. I tried deleting the GO app and re installing it, and no it just won't run the App, just says "How to connect" so I'm even worse off.
I tried a newer iPad and that wouldn't runtime App, tried my iPhone 12 mini, no run!!!
So is it cheaper to get an DJI approved tablet or send the drone off for checking??????????????????????
2021-12-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I just flew yesterday with my Shield and it's still fine.  I flew a P2V though.  

2021-12-25
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I can get a Google Nexus 9 for about £25 ($33) so might get that just to if it works, always sell it on. If that doesn't work then I guess it's off to the service guys! Then there's postage to pay - this poor old pensioner is getting frustrated. Whatever I do it's more or less money down the drain
2021-12-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 12-25 05:36
I can get a Google Nexus 9 for about £25 ($33) so might get that just to if it works, always sell it on. If that doesn't work then I guess it's off to the service guys! Then there's postage to pay - this poor old pensioner is getting frustrated. Whatever I do it's more or less money down the drain

Aloha cheddar,

Put on the skids!  My friend is having exactly your problem.  Give me a chance to address them.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-25
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Many thanks Cetacean, I'll hold fire, between us, hopefully, we will solve this. Can't do anything until the New Year, everything's shut.
Jusat for the record, here's a screen shot from happier days, all the firmware versions I'm currently running.

Wonder if re installing the firmware on the Remote would help? Reluctant to do it as mucking about with firmware tends to create mor problems than it fixes in my experience.

Hope you had a lovely day.
Firmware.jpeg
2021-12-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-25 05:24
I just flew yesterday with my Shield and it's still fine.  I flew a P2V though.  

Aloha Mark,

Wow, memories!  Just like a P2 V in the old days!  Nice choice of music to.  Classic all the way!  Mahalo!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Backatcha Cet!  
2021-12-26
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

How do you Backatch it" ?? Or am I missing something here
2021-12-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 12-26 04:43
How do you Backatch it" ?? Or am I missing something here

Aloha cheddar,

Mark was just returning the good wishes and thoughts.  "Back at you!" - "Backatcha"

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 12-25 23:51
Many thanks Cetacean, I'll hold fire, between us, hopefully, we will solve this. Can't do anything until the New Year, everything's shut.
Jusat for the record, here's a screen shot from happier days, all the firmware versions I'm currently running.

Aloha cheddar,

We flew my friend's P3A / nVidia today and now it worked just fine.  Previously, the P3 would disconnect while in flight (a new problem that seems like yours).

Try this "start-up" procedure.  (Start-up procedures are sometimes critical to making it work right.  But DJI computer systems are very flexible.)

Turn on the nVidia.  (The USB cable should be connected to the RC.)

If the RC does not turn on automatically, then turn the RC on.  If the RC is on and DJI Go does not come up automatically, then you likely have a USB problem.  (Sometimes, you will be asked if you want the USB to be used.  Say yes.  If this does not happen, you may want to discuss USB issues with Mark.)

When the DJI emblem displays, turn on the P3.
The app and P3 should automatically go into 'Camera' and then the live feed (and take-off checklist).

If you get the disconnected indication, wait a minute and then unplug the USB cable and re-plug it in while everything is on.  The USB Plug-n-Play should recognize the P3 and camera.  It should work at that point.

In one of your other posts, you had mentioned that you had already configured your USB so you had "Developer" USB permissions.  Make sure again that those settings are enabled.

Because my friend flies with DJI GO and DJI Go 4, he does not commit the USB to work with only DJI Go.  You may have to go back and change some settings to reinstate that status.  (Mark may have a better memory of how that works.)

Hope this helps!  Let me know!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-27
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 12-27 02:16
Aloha cheddar,

Mark was just returning the good wishes and thoughts.  "Back at you!" - "Backatcha"

DOH!
2021-12-27
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Many thanks again Cetacean, will give hot a go a bit later. Got a new Soundbar system to install first
2021-12-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I flew my P3P Sunday with the Nvidia Shield K1 and it was perfect as always.  

2021-12-28
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aren't you the lucky one! Mine is boxed up ready for the repair shop
IMG_9414.jpg
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now