Mini controller dead
1076 9 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KceXtCEuV4pR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72923 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I did the firware update the other day (Maviv Mini), charged my controller after and it made a strange alarm noise - a constant whistle, it's now completely dead, won't show as charging, won't show any led's and won't turn on.  Anyone else experienced this? Or know of a hard reset?  I've had a nose around online and can't come up with much, I've tried various leads plugs etc.  Going camping Boxing Day would love to be taking it with me..

Regards, Paul
2021-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paul. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with you DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_KceXtCEuV4pR
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-23 02:14
Hello there Paul. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with you DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hi Stephen unfortunately the reply from Dji was 'send it in for repair'.  I haven't dropped it or damaged it, merely updated firmware and it stopped working.  Was hoping that somebody might have had a solution or a similar experience?
2021-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whistling suggests a component failure.   You could open it and have a poke about or pickup another controller from Ebay.  Theres a few in the UK for sale at the moment.
2021-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are 3 on ebay at the moment with BIN but I would say your chances of getting it in time for your trip are non existent unless you can go and pick it up or get it sent via RM Special delivery but you'd have to arrange that with the seller and undoubtably they will want more for carriage if they 'specialed' it. That aside they are already a bit steep I think. Looking at completed listings the cheapest was £21ish inc carriage but unfortunately you are likely "over a barrel".
PS, just in case you are wondering, a mini 2 controller WILL NOT WORK for you.
2021-12-23
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

It may be the fw screwed up your remote. Was the cable connection disturbed during update?
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_KceXtCEuV4pR
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_KceXtCEuV4pR Posted at 12-23 02:19
Hi Stephen unfortunately the reply from Dji was 'send it in for repair'.  I haven't dropped it or damaged it, merely updated firmware and it stopped working.  Was hoping that somebody might have had a solution or a similar experience?

Thanks all for the replies.  I didn't notice anything unusual until the RC finished charging.  I took it off charge to go put in the case, noticed the led's were still on, turned it on then that whistling/constant alram started.  Completely dead after that..
2021-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not that it will be of any help to you but did you switch the controller off after the update had finished and maybe on and off before you charged it?
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_KceXtCEuV4pR
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-23 03:31
Not that it will be of any help to you but did you switch the controller off after the update had finished and maybe on and off before you charged it?

I honestly can't remember now.  Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until I went to put it in the case, then noticed the led's were still on.  I turned it on again and the alarm started - a constant one, then it got a bit whirry and spluttered out.  Totally brown bread now, no lights, doesnt appear the be charging, no alarms.
2021-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly, time for a replacement controller I think.
Just for the record I don't update other than one of the early updates which offered improved RTH options etc.
2021-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules