Now this is weird
443 6 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

I have a Mini, Air 2 and now an Air 2s.
I bought a tablet that WORKS on both the Mini and Air 2 but NOT the Air 2s.
Using the same cables from the Air 2 with the Air 2s and still no communications. Regardless of recommended devices, is this a matter of new firmware in the 2S RC verses the 2? Two of the same RC's on the same tablet, one works, the other does not.

I have tried ALL common cables and zippo. Side by side the Air 2 works perfect. $1,299.00 and I have less for more $!

Any guidance would be apprciated.
Thanks
2021-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not that it should change the situation but what happens if you swap the two Air controllers over, i.e. use the Air 2s controller with the Air 2 and vice versa?
Do you have a phone which actually works with the Air 2s controller as it sits now? i.e. could it be a duff controller?
If you hook the 2 Air controllers up to the appropriate Assistant 2 what firmware versions do they show?
2021-12-23
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

Both controllers have the same firmware. YES, my Samsung S8 phone works on all three: mini, air 2 and air 2s with the stock controller cable and the C to C extension cable ( to reach the tablet port ).
Note: the extension cable needs to be plugged in to the RC port backwards, cable out the left rather the right like a stock cable to work with the Air 2.
Original Air 2 controller DOES connect with the 2S and aircraft to the tablet.......... Thanks for the tip.
Appears to be a bogus RC
2021-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure if I understand you correctly but one 'port' in the Air 2 controller is a blank storage hole, not a port at all. People have been known to plug the cable into the wrong hole.
EDIT
Do you mean you have to turn the USB connector around?

2021-12-23
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

Yes, right port requires the connector to be inserted 180, cable out the left side,

I was told USB C connector is not rotation sensitive. However, I have found this pin out showing that it can be sensitive if rotated 180 degrees in the port.
2021-12-23
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

As you can see, the CC1 and 2 switch along with several others. I am not an expert at USB communications but this clearly indicates several pins like TX1 and TX2 would be switched. If I use the C to C extension cable it must be inserted opposite of the OEM supplied cable that comes with the RC or it will not work. The original cable has a controller icon on the top of one end of the plug.

Could this be the reason some phones are not working?
2021-12-23
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

Can someone from DJI confirm exactly what pins are used with the RC?
That would be very helpful to understand the communication format.
2021-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules