Ronin 4D lens choice
1526 3 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRIFTKOP
lvl.3

Australia

Hi everyone!

I am very excited to be picking up the Ronin 4D when it comes out. Ideally I would like to use one lens for multiple scenarios. Looking at the official list of supported lenses, the Sony E 16-55mm F2.8 G stands out as a great allround performer - providing a large range of possibilities.
  • I was curious how zoom lenses would work with the gimbal system, would the camera have to be adjusted everytime time you zoom in and out?
  • And, this Sony lens in particular seem to be ASP-C, would there be a crop on the Ronin?

If you have any information regarding these questions, I would love to hear from you. Thanks for your time!

2021-12-23
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

It’s a pretty ridiculous camera, and for people who have the budget to get a cinema camera, it seems like an absurd investment. Minimal lens availability, and even if you adapt the weight limit is ridiculous - seems like the choice for people who think everything has to be stabilized, and at the same time don’t want to put any work in.

Nox vidmate vlc
2022-1-21
Use props
StanM
lvl.2

United States

adomanim Posted at 1-21 13:22
It’s a pretty ridiculous camera, and for people who have the budget to get a cinema camera, it seems like an absurd investment. Minimal lens availability, and even if you adapt the weight limit is ridiculous - seems like the choice for people who think everything has to be stabilized, and at the same time don’t want to put any work in.

Every reputable photo/video reviewer, "The Ronin 4d is a game changer", some nobody from Algeria, "It's a pretty ridiculous camera". Get off your high horse, if by putting in the work, you mean learning the ninja walk with a gimbal, then I guess steady cam operators are the biggest losers in the business.
2022-1-22
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

adomanim Posted at 1-21 13:22

You can put any lens on it if you lock all the axis and then you can use it as any other camera, with the adition of lidar focusing asistant and integrated wireless video transmission.

The lens weight limit is only noticeable when you pretend to use the gimbal, but for tripod and unstabilized hand held work you can put any lens you want.
2022-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules