DJI support confirms that Way Points will come ...
2471 28 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Certainly good news ...

In the following video there is a message (email) from DJI Support confirming that the Mavic 3 will get the "Way Points" function.

The YouTube post is in Italian, but the important "document" is in English.

... see 1:28 ...

2021-12-23
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

This Is wonderful news
2021-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that is great news.  Thanks for sharing Franky.  Happy holidays.
2021-12-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sweet........
2021-12-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice find this is important to many. Hopefully an improved version worthy of this drone. Big up for posting.
2021-12-23
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice.  this was the last piece i needed to get the m3 and sell / replace the m2z....for sure.  so when it comes, will be happy.
2021-12-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Hopefully it is not limited like on the Mavic Air 2 to only a few modes like Hyperlapse when it is finally released.
2021-12-23
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 12-23 15:40
Nice find this is important to many. Hopefully an improved version worthy of this drone. Big up for posting.

... I'm not sure whether it will satisfy the pro(fessional)s, or just the amateur hobbyists, or even the enthusiasts ...   
Or maybe it's just another misunderstanding ...?   
Of course I hope for the very best for everyone !!!   

2021-12-24
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-23 16:29
Hopefully it is not limited like on the Mavic Air 2 to only a few modes like Hyperlapse when it is finally released.

I owned a Mavic Air 2 but didn't see a (normal) waypoint function anywhere ...
Did I miss something ... ???

The way points in Hyperlapse Mode were really good, weren't they ...?
2021-12-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be cool!
2021-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Super news,   that hopefully means the SDK wont be based around virtual sticks too.
2021-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 02:06
Super news,   that hopefully means the SDK wont be based around virtual sticks too.

Speaking of the SDK wasn't DJI going to release one around the end of December?  If so, we must be getting close with only 7 days of the month left.
2021-12-24
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 15:16
Wow that is great news.  Thanks for sharing Franky.  Happy holidays.

Thanks so much.  I wish you the best...
2021-12-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The drone is fun as it is.  But the addition of waypoints?  And of course an SDK, well then it can be profitable too!
2021-12-24
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

frankymusik Posted at 12-24 00:09
I owned a Mavic Air 2 but didn't see a (normal) waypoint function anywhere ...
Did I miss something ... ???

No you did not.

DJI advertised WayPoints when the Mavic Air 2 was launched but then short changed the buyers with Waypoints only for Hyperlapse.

The comment was an advisory that DJI has a history providing limited and minimal function on things they say will be added in the future.  They seem to do the bare legal minimum and it is often not the features reasonably expected by the encompassing title.

I assumed WayPoints for the Mavic Air 2 would work for video and photos as many others did.  

I personally think WayPoints for Hyperlapse are good but for most users not relevant.
2021-12-24
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waypoints for the M3? I  know I said I like that, but...if the M3 can't or won't use good process in the primitive RTH method, what use are the waypoints? Getting the cart before the horse IMO.
2021-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 07:15
Speaking of the SDK wasn't DJI going to release one around the end of December?  If so, we must be getting close with only 7 days of the month left.

Its due on the 31st December,  I checked the docs the other day as someone else asked.
2021-12-25
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

I think the person who replied to the ticket was talking about waypoints but in reality he was talking about the hyperlapse ones.
Sure, I hope they are the real waypoints, but I don't think so, otherwise there would be no reason not to have them on air2 and air2s.
And don't say that the problem is the drone memory because in reality the waypoints of the hyperlaps do whatever it takes.
For waypoints, a simple text file with the coordinates and positions of the camera, drone ...is needed

So the problem is just the DJI FLY App
2021-12-25
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 12-25 03:19
I think the person who replied to the ticket was talking about waypoints but in reality he was talking about the hyperlapse ones.
Sure, I hope they are the real waypoints, but I don't think so, otherwise there would be no reason not to have them on air2 and air2s.
And don't say that the problem is the drone memory because in reality the waypoints of the hyperlaps do whatever it takes.

... I also feared that it might be a "mix-up".  

But, if you look at the date of this email, you can see that it was written after December 10th, after the release of the firmware that already contains the Hyperlapse Mode (incl. Way Points) ...

So let's hope for the best ...
2021-12-25
Use props
Daily Droning
New

United States

I think the person who replied to the ticket was talking about waypoints but in reality he was talking about the hyperlapse ones.
Sure, I hope they are the real waypoints, but I don't think so, otherwise there would be no reason not to have them on air2 and air2s.

No, it is not just the DJI Fly app that everybody likes to use as the whipping boy.  In order to support true autonomous waypoints, the drone itself needs to function completely independently from the app.  They need to implement waypoint missions into the drone's firmware.  For relation, the DJI Spark supports waypoints, but not in the DJI Go 4 app at all.  You have to use a 3rd party app like Litchi in order to fly waypoint missions.  

I would be perfectly happy if DJI implemented the same exact thing with the Mavic 3 as they did with the Spark because their implementation of waypoints in Go 4 for the Mavic 2 drones was quite honestly terrible.  I would much rather they spend their time making sure the firmware on the drones and the SDK is awesome so that 3rd party developers like Litchi can do the Waypoints user interface and let DJI focus their engineering efforts on other things rather than implementing a bad waypoints interface into the Fly app.

2021-12-25
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

Problem is the business. How else you would  sell those expensive Enterprise drones? This is the single reason the are no waypoints in the lower end consumer drones. Maybe Mavic 3 sales aren't there where DJI hope they would be and they will have to give waypoints to Mavic 3.
2021-12-25
Use props
marcbou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220479 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansc69683fa Posted at 12-25 08:14
Problem is the business. How else you would  sell those expensive Enterprise drones? This is the single reason the are no waypoints in the lower end consumer drones. Maybe Mavic 3 sales aren't there where DJI hope they would be and they will have to give waypoints to Mavic 3.

I think drone market needs more competition, we should seriously think about starting new company to offer comparable products with FULL SDK and WAYPOINT SUPPORT at reasonable prices. DJI has been playing stupid games with this for far too long.
2021-12-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 12-24 11:32
Thanks so much.  I wish you the best...

You're very welcome.    

Happy Holidays!
2021-12-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 00:41
Its due on the 31st December,  I checked the docs the other day as someone else asked.

Well only 6 days to go then.  
2021-12-25
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-25
Use props
Jason WAI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Good new although  I could not understand Italian
2021-12-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 12-25 17:55
But that’s just the SDK support for the Air2S and mini2. Nowhere near an SDK release for the M3.

Very true and the one I've been waiting on (Mini 2).  I don't expect the SDK for M3 for at least another year, if at all.  
2021-12-26
Use props
Robert Lloyd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49528 ft

United Kingdom

Very tempted to get a 3
2022-1-1
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft