Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paride Musci
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
Since its release, various issues I had with the new Mavic 3 have been fixed, but there is one that continues to bother me and makes me regret the Mavic 2 pro.

I start by saying that the problem I am about to describe with the APAS activated is even worse, so with obstacle avoidances set to "brake" the drone slows down and moves in fits and starts as it moves forward or backward.

I am not a technician or an expert, I certainly know that in more than three years using the Mavic 2 pro I have never seen anything like this, seem that the problem is due to the incorrect interpretation of the shadows or direct light of the sun detected as an obstacle, in fact the drone slows down and sobs when it enters or exits a shaded area, more precisely when the light begins to be scarce in the late afternoon, but sometimes also in broad daylight in the open field.

The fact is that there is no obstacle and no reason to slow down, in fact the closest obstacles are tens of meters away and do not pose any problem, it is unnerving and annoying, it is making me trash several video clips.

I thought I had to calibrate the vision sensor, I started DJI assistant 2 but with great surprise I didn't find it.

The only solution I found to temporarily solve this unpleasant situation is to set the obstacle avoidance to off, I'm flying a M3 lika a Mini.... you understand that this cannot be the solution to the problem!

Can you tell me if you are experiencing this problem too, can DJI tell me if you are aware and are already working to solve the problem? or should I think about sending the drone for assistance?

2021-12-25
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Hello Paride,
I write in english to be compliant with the rules.
Other discussions on this issue have already been opened in this forum. DJI is slowly fixing the various problems but there are still a few open on the APAS.
As you may have noticed, there is yours but also that of an excessive sensitivity of the sticks when the APAS is active, so much so that DJI has entered the EXPO configuration in the app, only the problem is not there.
We have absolutely no plan for any upcoming releases.
2021-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

THe issue of the obstacle avoidance system reacting to a low setting sun has been present in all DJI aircrats since the first one featured obstacle detection. There is no real solution to the problem.
2021-12-25
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Geebax Posted at 12-25 13:26
THe issue of the obstacle avoidance system reacting to a low setting sun has been present in all DJI aircrats since the first one featured obstacle detection. There is no real solution to the problem.
Not agree, never experienced before not like that, mavic 3 isn't my first drone, sometimes could happen, I'm talking about a really great problem,  its really exaggerated compared to the others drone i have flight like mavic air and M2. I'm talking about shadows, not direct light only, and it happen even when sun it's over at the midday. It's really frustrating to fly like that.
2021-12-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Paride Musci Posted at 12-25 13:34
Not agree, never experienced before not like that, mavic 3 isn't my first drone, sometimes could happen, I'm talking about a really great problem,  its really exaggerated compared to the others drone i have flight like mavic air and M2. I'm talking about shadows, not direct light only, and it happen even when sun it's over at the midday. It's really frustrating to fly like that.

I think you should try fly in break mode, “not bypass mode” this will lead to much smoother steadier flight. Aircraft will fly much better and it won't be distracted by Obstacle avoidence when no obstacles are in your vicinity.
2021-12-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@ Original Poster - for what it is worth, I agree with you.  Some of the "janky" behavior of this drone is concerning and it must be related to sensors.  I think if you were describing some general feedback then the responses above may apply, but as you stated, you are not new to drones or DJI products and you are seeing something that is not quite right.  I too have seen this and think that in some lighting situations the drone's behavior is nothing short of exaggerated and unwieldy.   I will become more trusting of the M3 once some refinement is done to it.  

For those that have not experienced it, it may very well be that it us on your menu for an upcoming flight.  : ) Be ready with the hold button.
2021-12-25
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Unfortunately seems I can't upload videos here, but looking at some flight records i found this:
2021-12-26
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

I'm not sure they are connected but they are the only warnings I found
2021-12-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Paride Musci Posted at 12-26 00:55
Unfortunately seems I can't upload videos here, but looking at some flight records i found this:[view_image]

No-one can upload video clips here. You have to upload them to YouTube or another video hosting site and then post a link to it in this discussion.
2021-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules