Hand Launch issues
717 14 2022-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

I purchased the Mavic Mini 2 as a means to quickly launch and retrieve without spending the time required to launch and retrieve a Mavic 2 Zoom. I can pull over, step out of the vehicle with the Mini and RC, set the drone on the roof and launch but there are times when I need to move off the road into the brush and hand launch which I'm having issues with. I have sun shields on my tablet and phone making holding the controller and phone backwards against my body so I can use one hand to move both control sticks a challenge. The automated take off function requires I draw on the display while holding the controller and tablet/phone with one hand, another challenge. I have not found any means to assign a function key to 'Take Off', that would be a safe means of hand launching, press the function key the motors spin up, move the drone up or down it takes off, to be safe a short press then a long press or some combination. To land is simple and takes one hand or the snatch and tilt without using the remote control, it is safe without wind gusts.  

I was going to try a lanyard but discovered none of the lanyards will hook up to the Mavic Mini 2 Remote Control, the Remote Control does not have any lanyard attachment points.
If anyone knows of another method to launch let me know!

2022-1-15
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

This will not post
2022-1-15
Use props
itsbongwater
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44383 ft
Australia

try google search and some you tube vids.... sunday morning spam sigh...
2022-1-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

decided to remove
2022-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

itsbongwater Posted at 1-15 16:36
try google search and some you tube vids.... sunday morning spam sigh...

Why is this spam?
And its a specific question that might not be easy to find in a search.

Im not sure how much the tablet and shade is covering the sticks but unless you get a lanyard you're gonna have this problem, unless you can still manage it the way i do with my phone and that's with my elbow, i cant see that as being possible so you need the lanyard and attachment...

This is ebay UK but it gives you the idea
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.htm ... anyard&_sacat=0
2022-1-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many versions of the neckstrap connection for the Mini2/MA2/A2s/M3 remote are available.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.67d44c4dBpukID

https://www.amazon.com/BEHORSE-L ... ories/dp/B08Z7C1PGN

2022-1-15
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-15 19:43
Many versions of the neckstrap connection for the Mini2/MA2/A2s/M3 remote are available.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.67d44c4dBpukID

I ended up with the Amazon one but it sucks trying to get it off after flying. With practice I learned how to hold the controller backwards against my chest, pick up the drone then pull the sticks down. Putting launch on a function button would be the preferred method...
2022-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive used my nose before to press the take off button.
2022-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 03:22
Ive used my nose before to press the take off button.

Whatever it takes to get the job done.  
2022-1-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone tried throwing their's (like launching a model glider or paper plane), yet (after you've already started the motors), its an interesting action, it does nothing until it starts it's descent, only then doe sit wake up and hover, get these old chocolate starfish clenching a little that's for sure lol
2022-1-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should perhaps add "After the motors have been started" to the start of your post, just in case someone thinks throwing it will start the motors etc. etc..
I have certainly wondered about doing it just as an experiment but I do not remember if I have tried it, if I did it was uneventful so it had a successful recovery.
2022-1-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-16 09:45
You should perhaps add "After the motors have been started" to the start of your post, just in case someone thinks throwing it will start the motors etc. etc..
I have certainly wondered about doing it just as an experiment but I do not remember if I have tried it, if I did it was uneventful so it had a successful recovery.

Yeah, good point, thanks, added that wee clause now
It takes either a little courage or be a bit tapped in the head to try it, I'm prob the latter lol,
2022-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-16 04:04
Whatever it takes to get the job done.

Indeed DT,  it works,  there are other ways to do it too.
2022-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-17 00:55
Indeed DT,  it works,  there are other ways to do it too.

2022-1-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will post, you have to give it longer to do it, when you click the post button, always look at the bottom of the browser, you will see a URL show up when its trying to post it, so give it longer time, it will post, unlike other forums where its instant. Its either a poorly configured server or they are using shared hosting lol
HOLY CR4P i was joking about the shared hosting, apparently its not a joke, DJI is on a shared hosting (Amazon AWS) server with 540+ other sites, no wonder the forum is slow at times.

IP Address        xx.xx.xx.xx - 542 other sites hosted on this server (i hid the IP even though its public knowledge)
Reverse IP  
IP Location        Germany - Berlin - Berlin - Amazon.com Inc.
ASN        Germany AS16509 AMAZON-02, US (registered May 04, 2000)
Domain Status        Registered And Active Website
IP History        118 changes on 118 unique IP addresses over 18 years          
Registrar History        5 registrars with 1 drop          
Hosting History        11 changes on 9 unique name servers over 18 years          

Come on DJI, all that money you guys make off of us, at the very least, host your site(s) on a VPS server.

No wonder you get so many double, triple (rare) and sometimes (rarer) quadruple posts. Shared hosting with 540+ is using a lot of server resources and is not able to keep up with the running of a forum of this sze.

To be honest, i am surprised Amazon AWS has allowed a forum of this size to continue on a shared hosting server, my forum back in the day had 43k members and I had to get my own server. Even my weather station website(s) has its own server in France, i am bewildered to be honest.
2022-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules