Newbie FPV owner questions
380 4 2021-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToasterZapper
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I'm a newbie DJI FPV drone owner and have a few questions; I've spent an hour or two googling this afternoon, but still don't feel like I have answers.

• Recording @4k 60fps I'm unable to view footage from the drone on either my iPad Pro 2020 or MacBook Pro M1.  I've imported the footage using an SD Card reader and below is a screen grab from Photos (goggle footage plays fine).  The footage plays but seems to be a series of grey and green boxes that plays for 36secs.  Photos also reports the fps as 42. Screenshot 2021-12-26 at 16.16.14.png
  • Flying indoors I had a bit of a scary moment (I am new) and the drone refused to auto land; is there a way to force it to auto land or to kill the motors?  I was using the motion controller at the time.

The drone is an amazing piece of kit, and I've definitely got a lot of practice ahead of me!

Merry Christmas all.
2021-12-26
Use props
ToasterZapper
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just to clarify I’ve tried 4K 60fps as mp4 and mov; the same result for both. Should this video format work on my iPad and Mac?

My other question is it possible to force the auto landing procedure when the aircraft says it isn’t safe to do so? Or is it possible to shut off the motors in N mode?
2021-12-26
Use props
hanspektre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6243058 ft
Indonesia

Try to download/import from dji fly app, on my first flight i got that same bllank screen using fly app and after i copy via microsd reader its fine.. could be vice versa...
Dji Fpv landing bit more difficult to land in tight space since obstacle avoidance intervene the controller compared to mavic mini .. i try to rotate the sensor before landing in normal mode to the direction where no obstruction....
2021-12-27
Use props
ToasterZapper
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Good suggestion about rotating the craft; in hindsight I suspect the room was too dark and the sensors were having trouble seeing the carpeted floor.

I think I’ve tried importing footage via the fly app but I get the same shades of grey footage @4k 60fps. I will try again to double check though.
2021-12-27
Use props
ToasterZapper
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Okay, I’ve hooked it all up and checked in the DJI fly app and this is what I see (hopefully screen grab attached).  This is on my iPad Pro.

I’m guessing the drone is fine as it records 1080p okay.
6AB39460-7C82-46BD-8B88-7676D05B3A9F.jpeg
2021-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules