Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI mini 2 gimbal being stuck
10912 11 2021-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kimuri
New

Belgium

Hi guys

I have a mini two, after a light fall the plastic gimbal holder broke in two, I glued it together after taking it all apart, drone works fine.

Gimbal however is stuck, camera works, when it starts it does the up/down sides calibration, but no matter what I do I just can't get controls to work for the gimbal, it won't respond.
I get the 40002 gimbal stuck error, I'm thinking it might be the ribbon cable as it doesn't look in the best shape.

What do you guys suggest this could be?
I really didn't want to spend 300 euro's for a new gimbal when this gimbal works perfectly fine except for the rotation which I hope and presume will be the cables?

Could anyone maybe tell me which cable is responsible for the controls? I'd check it out.
2021-12-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kimuri. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if there are debris or a part is stuck in the gimbal. ( For example, the said DJI drone was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector is not removed. ) Please remove the debris or part that is stuck in the gimbal, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, then please contact our DJI support team at http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send back the said DJI Drone for further diagnosis. Thank you.
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_PKKpmQOLigH4
New

United States

I bought a mini 2 cheaply on ebay and it arrived with this undisclosed issue.  I was able to fix mine with compressed air inside gimbal joints (move joints to get inside) , spraying Wd-40 into gimbal joints(not too much) , spray air again to remove excess oil, and then flinging the thumping camera right and left (think this is called teasing the camera)
2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_PKKpmQOLigH4 Posted at 7-1 03:42
I bought a mini 2 cheaply on ebay and it arrived with this undisclosed issue.  I was able to fix mine with compressed air inside gimbal joints (move joints to get inside) , spraying Wd-40 into gimbal joints(not too much) , spray air again to remove excess oil, and then flinging the thumping camera right and left (think this is called teasing the camera)

Hi, there. May we know is there anything we can help with?
2022-7-2
Use props
Daniel G
New

United States

I did all it says but it still says the gimble is stuck.
When I turn on the mini 2 the gimbal moves can you guy help me.
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Daniel G Posted at 5-7 13:50
I did all it says but it still says the gimble is stuck.
When I turn on the mini 2 the gimbal moves can you guy help me.

Hi there, may I ask if you've tried troubleshooting on 2#? If the error message still exists, you may need to submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_xayajHt3L6G4
lvl.1

Ghana

I have a similar problem yesterday and I am gutted .   This is all my investment going down the drain .  I really need help and benevolence in this hard time .   Please please DJI come to my rescue
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_xayajHt3L6G4 Posted at 7-3 23:38
I have a similar problem yesterday and I am gutted .   This is all my investment going down the drain .  I really need help and benevolence in this hard time .   Please please DJI come to my rescue

Hi there, could you please clarify the exact error message you got or provide a screenshot of the error message for better confirmation?
If you received a gimbal stuck error, please refer to 2# for troubleshooting, if the error persists, may I know if the drone encounters any impact damages, if so, you may have to consider sending the drone back to DJI for further service.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case.
2023-7-3
Use props
djiuser_xayajHt3L6G4
lvl.1

Ghana

DJI Susan Posted at 7-3 23:52
Hi there, could you please clarify the exact error message you got or provide a screenshot of the error message for better confirmation?
If you received a gimbal stuck error, please refer to 2# for troubleshooting, if the error persists, may I know if the drone encounters any impact damages, if so, you may have to consider sending the drone back to DJI for further service.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case.
Error is 40002    . When  i move the gimbal dial it does not move but when you turn drone on it move up and down the after dont move again
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_xayajHt3L6G4 Posted at 7-4 06:37
Error is 40002    . When  i move the gimbal dial it does not move but when you turn drone on it move up and down the after dont move again

Hello, there. You may check as the DJI Stephen said in #2. If all the troubleshooting steps can not resolve the issue, you are advised to send it back for further diagnosis.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_xayajHt3L6G4
lvl.1

Ghana

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-4 22:41
Hello, there. You may check as the DJI Stephen said in #2. If all the troubleshooting steps can not resolve the issue, you are advised to send it back for further diagnosis.
Found that my mila cable is torn .   The one in front.  When the camera boots up it goes up and down and tilts abd stabilizes but the let left right movement of the camera is loose .
16891797375871306792747834619041.jpg
16891794273358071509516804749591.jpg
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_xayajHt3L6G4 Posted at 7-12 08:38
Found that my mila cable is torn .   The one in front.  When the camera boots up it goes up and down and tilts abd stabilizes but the let left right movement of the camera is loose .

Thank you for your update, you may send the drone back to us so we can help to reapair it.
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules