How to transfer internal storage to phone?
8828 6 2021-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

I have the Air 2S and took some photos today during my first flight. I cannot figure out how to send photos from the internal storage of the RC Pro Controller to my phone.

I was able to hit the share button on screen then using Bluetooth, sent the photo to my phone or so I thought. But I found where it was unsuccessful with sending the files. I can’t figure out how to send the files. I don’t see a Go Share function that is on the older smart controller. I saw a video on YT where I could connect a USB C cable from the aircraft to my computer and access the files that way, well I couldn’t see the internal storage on the computer either.

I’m at a loss right now trying to figure this out.
2021-12-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. DJI RC Pro does not have Go Share feature but supports Wi-Fi 6, so it is recommended to use Wi-Fi 6 mobile hotspot that the transmission speed will be faster.
We here recommend two methods for Andriod and iOS users.
[Method 1] Using Wireless Bluetooth (for Android devices only)
1.     Link DJI RC Pro with DJI Mavic 3, and capture photos or videos. Go to the playback interface and select the corresponding footages, then download files to the remote controller’s local file holder.
2.     Swipe down on the screen, enable Bluetooth, and tap and hold the icon to enter the Bluetooth settings interface.
3.     Turn on Bluetooth on the device that needs to receive files.
4.     Tap to connect the device and pair it.
5.     Enter the Gallery, select the video or photo that needs to be transferred, tap "Share" and check the name of the mobile device’s Bluetooth.
6.     Receive files by the device.

[Method 2] Using Third-Party App (for Android and iOS devices)
1.     Download and install a third-party Wi-Fi transfer software, such as "Airdroid" on DJI RC Pro and mobile phone. Only requires you to connect the remote controller to the mobile phone’s hotspot to transfer files without data.
2.     Download and install third-party chat software on DJI RC Pro and your mobile phone, and transfer files through the file transfer function.

2021-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the app sendanywhere but you will get the best footage/photos by putting an SD card in the drone and then copying them from there.
2021-12-27
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

I would be in agreement with DAFlys, and I know DJI Wanda (DJI manufacturer) recommends WIFI and or Bluetooth. But a simple Micro SD card transferring of  large data video and still images RAW or UHD files maybe a better solution and guarantee of no loss of packet data of files over the airwaves.
You suggest it's your first Air2s flight, congratulations...!
But your files (photos/video) are also stored on your Air2s not on your RCpro. That is unless you took a screen snapshot and or screen recording from the RCpro dropdown menu as the Air2s was in flight. And if you already have no SD card installed in your Air2s they are still stored within the drone's internal memory. And can be accessed by connecting your Air2s to your PC with the supplied USB C to USB A cable or another similar cable.
2021-12-27
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Ireland

Chuck1906 You also said ".......well I couldn’t see the internal storage on the computer either.....",

ironically I recently updated my SC and Air2s to their latest firmware's and now since then, when I connect my SC to my PC it does not register as an external device anymore, when connected by cable??? So also I can not use the cable to transfer files from my SC either.
Hopefully, this isn't the first glitch with the new smart controller you've spotted and just something like your RCPro is just hidden and requires someone to explain this anomaly.

2021-12-27
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 12-27 06:44
I would be in agreement with DAFlys, and I know DJI Wanda (DJI manufacturer) recommends WIFI and or Bluetooth. But a simple Micro SD card transferring of  large data video and still images RAW or UHD files maybe a better solution and guarantee of no loss of packet data of files over the airwaves.
You suggest it's your first Air2s flight, congratulations...!
But your files (photos/video) are also stored on your Air2s not on your RCpro. That is unless you took a screen snapshot and or screen recording from the RCpro dropdown menu as the Air2s was in flight. And if you already have no SD card installed in your Air2s they are still stored within the drone's internal memory. And can be accessed by connecting your Air2s to your PC with the supplied USB C to USB A cable or another similar cable.

Thanks! Yea I was so eager to test out the aircraft and controller that I failed to insert a card in the aircraft and another one in the RC Pro so the first flight was all internal storage. After spending over an hour and a half trying to figure out how to transfer the files I finally figured it out when I out a Micro SD card in and copied the files over to the card. I have since put micro SD cards in both so I don't have to deal with that again LOL!
2021-12-27
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Ireland

Chuck1906 Posted at 12-27 19:37
Thanks! Yea I was so eager to test out the aircraft and controller that I failed to insert a card in the aircraft and another one in the RC Pro so the first flight was all internal storage. After spending over an hour and a half trying to figure out how to transfer the files I finally figured it out when I out a Micro SD card in and copied the files over to the card. I have since put micro SD cards in both so I don't have to deal with that again LOL!

Great to hear you're sorted and just a point to add regarding the Air2s SD card.

I found a compatibility error with the Scan Disk Extreme Pro and my Air2s. And as you know the Extreme Pro's read and write specifications are more than capable. I thought I had made a mistake within my set up until I came across another YouTube video of a chap displaying similar jittery or dropped frame playback from recorded drone flight footage.  

Now ironically enough some others here are not experiencing issues with the extreme pro and their Air2s. But just thought I'd mention it encase you're experiencing what appears like continuous 1 sec dropped frame or jittery footage playback.
And in my case I reverted to the lower read and write speed Scan Disk Extreme which is still more than capable to record and playback 4K.
The Air2s is an amazing piece of technology when everything works as it should and the best of luck with your new drone!
2021-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules