R&D Team

Hong Kong

Module
New Function
Description
Expected Time of Availability
High-Bright Remote Monitor
Mirror Control Mode
Supports Mirror Control Mode of the High-Bright Remote Monitor to view user interface of the main monitor on the remote monitor and control remotely.
February 2022
Outputting Clean Video Stream
To output a clean video stream without any overlaid information through HDMI and SDI ports on the Remote Monitor Expansion Plate of the remote monitor.
X9 Gimbal Camera
Supports More Manual Lenses
Lenses whose focus are clockwise or anti-clockwise towards infinity can realize all focusing functions after manual calibration.
Main Body
Supports Timecode and Other Expansion Ports
4D Expansion Plate will be available to support timecode and other expansion ports.
June 2022
Fast/Slow Motion of Customizable Frame Rates
Supports Fast/Slow Motion modes with customizable frame rates of the sensor.
Outputting Clean Video Stream
To output a clean video stream without any overlaid information through HDMI port of the main body.
High-Bright Remote Monitor
Independent Recording and Playback
Supports internal recording of video and audio signals sent to remote monitor in H.264 to microSD card and the playback of internally recorded footage.
Built-in Motion Control
Turns the remote monitor into an independent motion controller via the built-in gyro to control the gimbal of Ronin 4D.
HDMI Signal Input
Supports input of standard HDMI 1.4 signals via HDMI input port on the remote monitor.

2021-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-12-28
Use props
fans5133d216
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-11
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

Thank you ! Do you know where we can send you feed back on some bugs? I already have some technicals and ergonomics bugs to follow up.
2022-2-21
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Chapeaublanc Posted at 2-21 12:10
Thank you ! Do you know where we can send you feed back on some bugs? I already have some technicals and ergonomics bugs to follow up.

2022-3-3
Use props
pistolpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2469131 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thanks for this, nice to know when to expect the actual release of these items, do you know if there will be a firmware update to allow us to set timecode before the expansion plate is released? If I could set a free run timecode at least I would have a better idea of where to place the clips shot on this item in a Multicam shoot, even with a shotgun mic the noise created by camera movements make waveform synchs difficult.
2022-3-7
Use props
matteobava
New

United States

I might be asking something dumb but I haven't found a way to connect my ronin 4d to wall power in case I need to film a static interview...
Is a power adapter that works like that for sale anywhere?
I can't find anything on the matter either on the manual or online...
thanks!
2022-3-8
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

matteobava Posted at 3-8 14:43
I might be asking something dumb but I haven't found a way to connect my ronin 4d to wall power in case I need to film a static interview...
I can't find anything on the matter either on the manual or online...

2022-3-9
Use props
radcity
lvl.2
United States

Hey DJI,  customizing frame rates sounds amazing. Could we also customize shutter speed so we can dial in a "cinematic" motion blur? Right now 1/40 and 1/50 look too sharp and digital. They are very jumpy and distracting. THANK YOU!
2022-4-3
Use props
JDCams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2970659 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any news on which CFExpress type B cards will be supported in further updates? I'd love to be able to use Angelbird Cards, but they're currently unsupported.
2022-4-10
Use props
Sonoma.911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50791 ft
United States

Chapeaublanc Posted at 3-9 12:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQgUJ43q51M

very odd that an AC adapter to power the camera did not come with camera......
2022-4-12
Use props
Der-Bommel
lvl.1
Germany

Dear DJI Team, i switched to the Ronin 4D recently and i LOVE it thanks so much for so many innovations!! but there are some

Features and Hardware i hope for:

-More Aspect ratios like Slow-Mo in 16:9/17:9 or 4:3 options. Because Laowa will make very small anamorphic lenses and they would be simply perfect!

-DL Lenses with at least f2. 15mm 35mm and 85mm f2 and i would be ultra happy.

-Orbiting, sadly the tracking looses the subject and it would be such an important shot
-Separate Racking speed and sensitivity, sadly the af either jumps too fast or it can't keep up

- dumb grips/handles, if the handles are on the monitor i do not need the controls and just for holding and extra pari of more intelligent grips is too expensive imo

-32bit float audio for the audio module, that would be another industries first inside the camera, it would be simply perfect and if you could include and make wireless audio
just as easy inside the module this would be another game changer for me. No need for syncing, amazing quality that would be simply IT

-More detailed settings in the denoise and sharpening section. I love having everything kind of cleanes up a bit inside the camera but i think the radius of the sharpening is too big and the denoising too. I am totally fine with fine monochrome grain  so a little bit of chroma denoising is often enough for me IT would be great if i could finetune the ratio/size, chroma and luma here too

other than that you blew me away what you offer with the ronin 4d this is a masterpiece

2022-4-26
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

We need a way to use the camera handgrips in an arme extender or shoulder rig.
2022-5-3
Use props
djiuser_4u9nMFDdbEbr
lvl.1

United States

matteobava Posted at 3-8 14:43
I can't find anything on the matter either on the manual or online...

Any 6-pin LEMO power adaptor works. My RED Epic power brick works as well as my AB Gold Mount battery plate to power through the DC port.
2022-5-13
Use props
djiuser_4u9nMFDdbEbr
lvl.1

United States

I would like to see a few in-cam anamorphic de-squeeze display monitoring options.
2022-5-13
Use props
fans097a2016
lvl.3
United States

i would like to shoot and output of monitor in 16:9
2022-5-13
Use props
JWKITCH
lvl.1

United States

These are great suggestions.  I’d love to see a way to customize the focus throw using the thumb wheel.
2022-5-28
Use props
Cinematic Trey
lvl.2
United States

Is this a early June Update or late? Would love to update in time for filming !!
2022-6-2
Use props
cristiantroncoso
lvl.1

United States

Hi, could you please add some 10bit codec alternatives and make 6K for generic SSD please, or bring back ProRest Raw, Thank you !
2022-6-6
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the information.
2022-6-15
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

When will the Gyroscopic motion control will be available?
2022-6-21
Use props
sharpeleven
lvl.1
Switzerland

Please do not forget to add 2:1 aspect ratio, thanks!
2022-6-23
Use props
Cinematic Trey
lvl.2
United States

Tick Tock, Tick Tock. HA
2022-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules