Oops! Innocent photo exposes cannabis plantation
1073 15 2021-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I decided to dodge the wind and rain yesterday and take a shot or two of a millitary installation during a short burst of sunshine. It is Victorian and modified by the Germans in WW2 so it is of interest to the local Tourist people.
It was then I noticed the hill clearance work between the large white building at the top and the pale blue shack at the bottom.
I sent an edited photo to our News Hound and it seems a cannabis plantation is/was growing in the area. Hence the small digger half way down the hill.
I suspect the grower of the weed gets higher than 400 feet like I was with my drone.
I now realise why some people get so upset about overflying drones. Ha Ha!

P.S. the photo is as shot but reduced in resolution for posting here.

DJI_0071.jpg
2021-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

He wanted to get high without buying DJI
2021-12-27
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Jersey

You're a poet and I didn't know it.
2021-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Again, you just never know what you will see when up high.  
2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

deleted the comment
2021-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AlansDronePics. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting photo you have captured. Nicely done and keep flying. .
2021-12-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

After reading the official document on the growing of cannabis in Guernsey, I am confused. Part of it says it is very illegal, and another part describes the licensing procedure, and another yet describes the cultivation process in some detail. WTF? Were the drafters of this document stoned at the time?
2021-12-27
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Jersey

GaryDoug Posted at 12-27 20:43
After reading the official document on the growing of cannabis in Guernsey, I am confused. Part of it says it is very illegal, and another part describes the licensing procedure, and another yet describes the cultivation process in some detail. WTF? Were the drafters of this document stoned at the time?

Indeed, the government here do come up with some strange ideas. Being stoned could well be a reason.
However, in their defence, covid has been contained and limited to a few souls and we do have a financial surplus of millions. Compare this with USA &UK who have a deficit of trillions.
It seems the last crop was a financial disaster, according to the news hound. On that basis, it must have been legal.
The story unfolds. If you don't hear from me again...
2021-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good spot.   
2021-12-28
Use props
EvanOneal
lvl.1

Germany

I stumbled upon this forum and couldn't resist commenting on this post. It's funny how a simple photo can reveal something unexpected, like a cannabis plantation. It seems like the grower went to great lengths to hide it, but your eagle eye caught it.
2023-4-11
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

There are some great droners here, real helpful gentlemen and ladies.
You have come to the right place for advice.
Regarding things caught by the drone, I was flying over a small desert area capturing the sculpted sand dunes at 400 feet. When I reviewed the footage, in the extreme bottom corner was a sight for sore eyes, a male sunbather in his birthday suit.
2023-4-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-11 12:09
There are some great droners here, real helpful gentlemen and ladies.
You have come to the right place for advice.
Regarding things caught by the drone, I was flying over a small desert area capturing the sculpted sand dunes at 400 feet. When I reviewed the footage, in the extreme bottom corner was a sight for sore eyes, a male sunbather in his birthday suit.

I got a good laugh out of this thread, and I hope you get to see the funny side of it as well, but I got to ask..

Is that your shack in the video?
2023-4-11
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Actually, no.
It belongs to the owner of a shipping company and it his weed.
I managed to annoy him a while ago by Photoshoping out the blue eyesore in one of my better photos .
I told him it spoiled the coastline and Victorian fortifications.
So pleased you we amused by the post.
2023-4-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-11 23:10
Actually, no.
It belongs to the owner of a shipping company and it his weed.
I managed to annoy him a while ago by Photoshoping out the blue eyesore in one of my better photos .

It would have been a lot more funny if you said yes..

But you ruined the moment now...
2023-4-12
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Burt37 Posted at 4-12 03:28
It would have been a lot more funny if you said yes..

But you ruined the moment now...

Sorry about that moment being ruined. However, here is the desert video I mentioned where I spotted the naked man sunbathing.

No pixel peeping now!
2023-4-12
Use props
EvanOneal
lvl.1

Germany

EvanOneal Posted at 4-11 11:59
I stumbled upon this forum and couldn't resist commenting on this post. It's funny how a simple photo can reveal something unexpected, like a cannabis plantation. It seems like the grower went to great lengths to hide it, but your eagle eye caught it.

And I recently came across an article about a 200-year-old relic. Found it at https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief. I personally found that CBD is quite useful for pain relief. If we're talking about your situation, I do understand why some people might get upset about drones overflying their property. It's important to respect people's privacy, especially when they might be engaged in illegal activities. I hope the authorities were able to investigate and take appropriate action.
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules