Crash and submerged but still working!
491 9 2021-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selsdon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Had my first crash today, trying to be too smart by flying over a waterfall and under a bridge from distance!  Once it hit the rock it submerged in a foot of ice cold water, but was able to fish it out.
Only damage was a shattered lens cover and after drying it miraculously flew again.  What amazing engineering!

2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your drying has likely NOT BEEN LONG ENOUGH, several days in a warm place seems to be the minimum recommendation. Above the hot water tank comes to mind but NOT in contact with the tank. Corrosion is now the biggest danger.
I would suggest pouring IsoPropylAlchohol (from Maplins (I think they have been reborn)) or Farnells etc. through the body BUT WAIT and see what others say about that, especially with no glass protecting the lens, I do not know what it might do to coatings.
2021-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope you will get it fixed completely
2021-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep an eye out for corrosion starting.  Water and electronics is never a good mix.
2021-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Selsdon. I am sorry to read and to know about what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. If you feel that your DJI Mini 2 is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-12-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

One home remedy is to leave it in a bag of rice and seal the bag. Leave it like that for a few days. The rice draws out the moisture.
2021-12-27
Use props
Selsdon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks all, I'll get it repaired using DJI Care Refresh, thankfully got 3 months left on my plan.   It was strange that even when submerged the drone was still on with a solid red light and I was able to turn it off with the double tap.  Now in full on drying mode and will send away for repair.
2021-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Selsdon Posted at 12-28 00:05
Thanks all, I'll get it repaired using DJI Care Refresh, thankfully got 3 months left on my plan.   It was strange that even when submerged the drone was still on with a solid red light and I was able to turn it off with the double tap.  Now in full on drying mode and will send away for repair.

Definitely worth the repair,  thats now a ticking time bomb.
2021-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 12-27 21:07
One home remedy is to leave it in a bag of rice and seal the bag. Leave it like that for a few days. The rice draws out the moisture.

NEVER RICE!!!!
2021-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone ever quantified how much atmospheric-water rice will absorb? lb per lb etc.
A lb per lb  comparison against other deliquescents would be good .
Aside from that, loose rice and shattered grains can get every where.
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules