Can’t connect remote to phone
319 2 2021-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sbube
New

Italy

Hello,

I've bought a Dji Mini 2 Fly more combo in September and have flown my drone regularly since then with no issues.
Last week while landing the drone disconnected from the remote and I was not able to connect my Android phone (OnePlus 6) with the remote anymore. I've tried multiple things both nothing seems to work. Below a list of the stuff I tried.

Followed Dji forum suggestions (https://forum.dji.com/thread-227812-1-1.html) - Issue not fixed
Tried to connect a different phone (same model than mine) - Other phone did not connect either
Tried to use a different cable - Issue not fixed
Tested DJI cable to connect phone to charger - the cable is working
Connect DJI remote with iOS iPhone (SE) - RC connects properly

Please help in fixing the issue as I need to be able to connect my phone to the RC as I don't own an iOS device.

2021-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sbube. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist. Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 6 ) that your are using on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and with the said application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 6 will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI drone and with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-12-28
Use props
Sbube
New

Italy

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your quick reply, even though I have to say it offers little help. I find it a bit bizarre that the solution to the problem is: ”get another phone”.

While I understand that my mobile is not on the recommended list, I’ve been using the Mini 2 with it for 3 months (with over 30h of flight time) without issue. Furthermore, the connection stopped working within the same ‘session’: I was flying all right one moment and the moment after I was not able to connect anymore. There was no update to the phone/drone at any time that might have caused the compatibility issue.

2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules