Drone crashed itself into a tree branch -- do I need to send it in?
1975 5 2021-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eholzknecht
New
United States

Hello! I'm a total drone newbie but I've been practicing flying in the golf course behind the house I'm staying in. Unfortunately, during an automatic return to home, my drone navigated itself into a tree branch instead of the open space next to me, and crashed to the ground. It didn't fall too far, about 7 feet, and seems to be flying fine, but it's defintely showing some damage. Do I need to send it in for repair? Can anyone advise?

larry_crash_2.jpg
larry_crash_1.jpg
2021-12-28
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

It's always recommended to send it in for repair but it doesn't seem to have done much, if it were me, especially being an FPV drone, I'd take some cyanoacrylate glue and just glue it back. I do believe the antennas are in the legs on the FPV like the Mavics though so I can't guarantee anything. Goodluck!
2021-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to hear about the crash. As the drone experienced a crash and damages were caused. We suggest sending the drone back for service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send the drone back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
If there is any doubt about the accident, please remember to tick "Apply for data analysis" when filling in the info, data analysis can be processed as long as the drone is within the warranty period and the corresponding offer will be provided based on the analysis result.
2021-12-28
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do bear in mind that once you inform DJI, you are pretty much committed to the repair.  If you don't proceed after informing them and then you have another fault or issue, they will certainly put that down to this issue and any warranty would also be void.
2021-12-29
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

I think it really depends how practical you are.

Have a look at these and see if you come out in cold sweats...

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-landing-gear

A lot will depend on whether the breakage is in the foot or the arm. The foot is super easy to replace, while the arm is more work and more fiddly.
2021-12-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Air 2S came with soooo many extra props lmao, it's like they are planning on people crashing it.  I've never replaced a regular prop  on any of my drones since the Spark.  Though, I did hit a small tree once after going around in loops being overconfident with the DJI FPV drone.  
2021-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules