7985 14 2021-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheSmels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2062848 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been trying for 2 days to update to the latest firmware on the Mavic 3 using DJI Fly App and DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).  In the DJI Fly App 99 percent of the time it times out when checking the version.  Only once in the DJI Fly app did it start to update, but stayed at 0 percent progress for over 20 minutes.  In DJI Assistant 2 it just says "no firmware list" even after multiple refreshes.  Please help!!  Thank You!!
2021-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TheSmels. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on DJI Mavic 3 | Firmware Update. Thank you.

2021-12-28
Use props
TheSmels
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-28 21:14
Hello there TheSmels. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on DJI Mavic 3 | Firmware Update. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am9P6-7GBks

Thank you Stephen for responding.  The only messages I am receiving in the DJI fly Application after pressing the "Check for Updates" for the "Aircraft Firmware" section is a quick message shows up that says "Checking Timed Out..."  There are two areas in the DJI Fly application that you can "Check for Updates" both result in the "Checking Timed Out...".  The DJI Fly application only one time on start up has tried to update the aircraft firmware and I told it to update.  It got to a status screen that stayed at 0 percent complete for over 20 minutes.   It eventually drained the battery to the point that I decided to shut it off.  This was at about 60 minutes with the status screen still on zero percent.  I have 1 GBs down and 50 mbs up internet connection.  I was checking to make sure the internet was working properly the whole time.  As mentioned above I also have tried DJI Assistant 2 and it seems to check to see if there is any firmware but eventually says "No Firmware List".  I have looked to see if their are any logs in DJI Assistant 2 and their seems to be one for each time I have powered up the drone and they seem excessively large for such a minor event.  Most of the logs are close to a Gigabyte in size.  I downloaded one log yesterday to see if I could view it using a text editor and log viewers that are available on the web.  I did not have any luck viewing the downloaded log.
2021-12-29
Use props
TheSmels
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The exact error I am getting is "Checking timed out. Wait a moment and try again"
2021-12-29
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

are you on good wifi with internet on your phone? Make sure you have a good internet connection to the phone. Your phone / tablet is what actually downloads the firmware, and if you have no internet it will not be able to run.
2021-12-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Checking timed out is of course a connectivity issue, but that doesn't mean the problem is on your side.  If you have done the regular consumer side of things like insured good connectivity, restarted router etc, then you should not be getting that message unless the update server that is hosting the files is not accessible.  Any GEO-IP restrictions on your connection?  (one time I blocked all of China... lol - oops.)

2021-12-29
Use props
TheSmels
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 12-29 06:55
are you on good wifi with internet on your phone? Make sure you have a good internet connection to the phone. Your phone / tablet is what actually downloads the firmware, and if you have no internet it will not be able to run.

Phone seems to be good.  I have done speed test, switched from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz, and surfed to websites.  Thank you for the ideas to try though.  I have also deleted and reinstalled the DJI Fly application.
2021-12-29
Use props
TheSmels
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-29 07:01
Checking timed out is of course a connectivity issue, but that doesn't mean the problem is on your side.  If you have done the regular consumer side of things like insured good connectivity, restarted router etc, then you should not be getting that message unless the update server that is hosting the files is not accessible.  Any GEO-IP restrictions on your connection?  (one time I blocked all of China... lol - oops.)

I don't think I have set any geo restrictions.  I did not reboot the router so let me try that.
2021-12-29
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Have you tried doing firmware update over the DJI Assistant application on a computer? You plug the drone up to your PC with USB cable then open the DJI assistant app, and update the firmware that way.
2021-12-29
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

TheSmels Posted at 12-29 07:06
I don't think I have set any geo restrictions.  I did not reboot the router so let me try that.

If you cant get it to work over wifi you could just disable wifi and let the update run over your Cell phone 4G connection
2021-12-29
Use props
TheSmels
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 12-29 07:10
If you cant get it to work over wifi you could just disable wifi and let the update run over your Cell phone 4G connection

I got it to work!!  Your idea about my internet connection/ISP may be blocking connections to China is likely correct.  I used my wife's IPhone as a hotspot for my laptop and used DJI Assistant 2 to update the drone followed by the remote control.  I am pretty sure that if I would have used the DJI fly application with my phone using cell phone data would have also worked.  Thank you, Thank you!!!!
2021-12-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can now add a "- solved" to the heading so that everyone can see that the problem has been solved......
2021-12-29
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

TheSmels Posted at 12-29 07:48
I got it to work!!  Your idea about my internet connection/ISP may be blocking connections to China is likely correct.  I used my wife's IPhone as a hotspot for my laptop and used DJI Assistant 2 to update the drone followed by the remote control.  I am pretty sure that if I would have used the DJI fly application with my phone using cell phone data would have also worked.  Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Nice. I knew it was a connection issue somewhere. Is only reason it would time out like that. Glad you got it resolved! Happy flying
2021-12-29
Use props
TheSmels
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 12-29 08:35
Nice. I knew it was a connection issue somewhere. Is only reason it would time out like that. Glad you got it resolved! Happy flying

Thank you!!  I knew it was a connection issue also but I had it stuck in my head it was on DJI's end since my ISP seemed to be fine.  My ISP may also be the reason I can only get a blank page when viewing Skypixel... hmmm...
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_kbYNDJFfVTAO
lvl.1

United States

TheSmels Posted at 2021-12-29 07:48

I am blocked through cell wifi, home, and panera. Ive also tried DJI assist.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules