Cannot load firmware list. Please retry.
2247 6 2021-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMP84
lvl.1

France

Hello,
I tried several times to update the firmware of the RC of my MAVIK AIR 2 on 2 different PC's and 2 different web connections. Each time the same message : "Cannot load firmware list. Please retry.". I tried to re-install DJI Assistant 2 for Mavik without any success. I even tried to install this new version without suppressing the older one (as shown in a video) : still the same problem.
The fact is that several weeks ago I had an issue wtih my MAVIK AIR 2 : on normal mode, the stick on the roll axis  wasn't active (not very good for safety...) and a guy of DJI told me to update the firmware again. That's what I tried but could not succeed.
This problem seems to be known but every solutions I tried lead to nowhere.

Any other ideas or does DJI published a solution ? (I didn(t find anything.
Many thanks in advance.

JMP84
2021-12-29
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

There are a couple other threads on this.  

The DJI web site lists "DJI Assistant for Mavic, 2.0.14" as the correct software for Mavic Air 2.  The web site is wrong.  That package used to work (and still does for the drone), but can no longer find firmware for the Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller.

You need the "DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series), 2.1.8".   Although the web site doesn't show 2.1.8 as compatible with Mavic Air 2, the release notes say it is -- and it works.  This is the correct DJI Assistant for the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Air 2 RC.
2021-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JMP84. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly reset your internet connection and then reinstall DJI Assistant 2. In addition, can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 once again from our DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

2021-12-29
Use props
JMP84
lvl.1

France

Dear Scott108,
thank you very much for your help. I've tried to update both my drone (MAVIK AIR 2) and RC with the "DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series), 2.1.8". Hope this will work well (having a test flight today...).
The fact is that the information provided by DJI are not very clear. We must not forget that safety (also based on the reliability of the softwares) is the most important thing.

Dear DJI Stephen, I've already reset my internet connection (also have used two different connection and PCs), reinstalled DJI Assitant 2 (of which version are you talking about ("DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series), 2.1.8" or "DJI Assistant for Mavic, 2.0.14") ? Did you read the message of Scott108 ? Do you confirm what he wrote ? Which is the good version of DJI Assistant 2 for the MAVIK AIR 2 and its RC ?
I'm waiting for your answer before proceeding to my test flight...
I think you will agree with me : it's a kind of a mess...
Regards.
JMP84
2021-12-29
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

DJI Steven -

The downloads page you linked is WRONG and needs to be fixed!  It offers “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.14” which is an OLD  version that NO LONGER WORKS with the Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller.

The “DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)” product was updated for Mavic Air 2 in Nov-2020.  Since that time, “DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)” has been the correct software for the Mavic Air 2.  Please stop telling people to use the old version, and please get the Mavic Air 2 downloads page corrected to link the “Mavic Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)” product.
2021-12-30
Use props
JMP84
lvl.1

France

Dear Scott108,
I read with attention you message to DJI Stephen. For your information (and I'm sure that you already know that), it's not the first time that I read the kind of message from a "super moderator" (with almost the same terms and the same "wrong" DJI references...very bizarre). Who are these "super moderators" ? I made severals researches on the net about my problem before writing my message.
In France, moderators are supposed to regulate forums and represent the "authority" of the forum and most of the time are members of of the enterprise.
Of course, the ideal situation would be that DJI solve this recurrent problem.
Thnak you again for your help and I hope that everything will be OK.
Best regards and happy new year.
JMP84
2021-12-30
Use props
Liquis
New

United States

Scott108 Posted at 2021-12-29 10:28
There are a couple other threads on this.  

The DJI web site lists "DJI Assistant for Mavic, 2.0.14" as the correct software for Mavic Air 2.  The web site is wrong.  That package used to work (and still does for the drone), but can no longer find firmware for the Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller.

This is the correct answer/solution, even in June of 2022.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules