Video trasnmission
1105 10 2021-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061952 ft
Romania

Hello! I noticed since last update of DJI Fly app 1.5.4 that my video transmission is lost when my drone is not connected with controller, whitch is normal, but, when the drone is again connected with controller because it arrived in range, the video transmission is still blocked and not functional. I remember that in the past, when video transmission was lost because of the lost connection with controller, when it came back and reconnect, the video transmission was functional also. As a temporary solution, I noticed that if I stop the video recording, the video transmission is back and then I can start again the recording. But I this case is not ok not to have video control for the gimbal so I can see what I am filming. Do you have same problem?
2021-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and in addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

I am using a Huawei P30 Pro.
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD Posted at 12-29 23:13
I am using a Huawei P30 Pro.

Hi! I am using a Huawei P30 Pro.
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

Please do understand that I am not having an issue with the signal lost with controller. That is normal. My problem is that I am not gaining back the control for the video screen when the drone is back in range with controller.
2021-12-29
Use props
Space Dude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1449600 ft
Israel

Hi djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD,
I had the same issue with this version of the DJI Fly app, using it on a OnePlus 9 device.
What "fixed" the problem for me was disabling the "Cache When Recording" option, under "Advanced Shooting Settings" in the "Camera" tab.
After I turned it off, the video transmission could be re-established after RC's disconnections.

Since I don't really care about caching the video recordings on my mobile device, this solution works for me. But DJI will have to take care of this bug if they want us to enjoy all the features they pretend to offer in the Fly app.

I hope it helps you in some way.
2022-1-1
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

Thank you! I will try this.
2022-1-1
Use props
Space Dude
lvl.3
Israel

You're welcome.
2022-1-1
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

Unfortunately, this method did not work.  I disabled the cache, but no good result.  The only functional option was to turn off the video when the connection with the controller is restored. This is how the live image on the phone returns and then I start recording again.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Maybe DJI will do something about it.
2022-1-2
Use props
Space Dude
lvl.3
Israel

Sorry to hear it did not resolve the issue for you. Unfortunately I don't know any other way to overcome it.
Before I found out about the solution of disabling the cache, what I did to restore video transmission after it was lost, was to "force kill" the Fly app, and then re-launch it. That was the only way I could re-gain visual on my screen after the transmission failure. Obviously this is a very bad solution, considering it was done mid-flight.
Hopefully someone else here can share other possible solutions for your situation.
2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

Hi, I noticed on Dji Fly app that Quickshots does not work anymore since the last update 1.6.4.
I try to select the + area or draw the square, but no succes.
Does anyone has the same problem?
2022-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules