Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At least EXPO settings are now back.
2021-12-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Please kindly know that we have deleted your duplicated post.
For your petition, we here clarify that the name of Tripod mode is updated to Cine mode. The names for the Tripod mode may vary between different models.
Please kindly know that and thanks for understanding and support.
2021-12-30
Use props
Mikaproductions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 67392 ft
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-30 02:14
For your petition, we here clarify that the name of Tripod mode is updated to Cine mode. The names for the Tripod mode may vary between different models.

the petition is no mine and I posted in the air2s section because that concern also this model...

read the petition. ( Thanks to Philip Bloom )

Dear DJI,

5 years ago you introduced Tripod mode with the Mavic Pro, it changed the way I and thousands of others flew their drones, opening up new possibilities of amazing control allowing us to get shots that were just too hard or risky before.

When you released the Mavic Air 2 in 2020, you replaced it with Cine mode. I thought it was just a rebrand which made sense as tripods do not move but I was very saddened and shocked to see the wonderful super slow top speed of 1m/s Tripod was gone and replaced with this new 5m/s Cine mode. The sticks were also much more sensitive in this mode.

The ability to do the Tripod mode style moves has now been made so much harder. It's so easy to clip things or accidentally touch the stick too hard resulting in a crash. Since Cine mode replaced tripod mode, my percentage of clipping trees or crashing has gone up 500%. I haven't lost a drone to this yet but it is only a matter of time. More and more I am not attempting shots I wouldn't have had a problem with trying before.

Not only did I and countless others rely on this mode to create beautiful cinematic movements like dolly and crane shots, but Tripod Mode also gave me and so many others the confidence to do shots we would never normally attempt as they were too close to objects and even people under our control; having such a slow mode made these shots possible.

The safety benefit of being able to switch to a really slow mode when needed is also something that cannot be underestimated. When the new CAA drone Class 2 classification comes in the drone must have a slow mode of 2 m/s for when flying near people not under your control for safety reasons, there is no obligation for a Class 1 drone to have this, which is technically where all your future sub 900g drones would fall into and hopefully as many as your current ones too.

If you could please give us the option in the Fly app to change the Cine mode top speed from between 1 and 5 metres a second this would be even better than tripod mode. Every DJI drone owner would be so thankful. Please can you add this to all future drones and give it to the drones you've released without it; The Mavic Air 2, Air 2s, Mini 2 and the Mavic 3.

We want to create the most beautiful videos and Tripod mode has been key to that for 5 years.

Thank you so much,

Philip Bloom
2021-12-30
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

It the same thing here that is with waypoints. The expensive Enterprise line up.  You could easily use the slower tripod mode on the lower end models to inspect something and then how would DJI sell those expensive Enterprise drones? By calling it Cine mode and making it so fast you can't use it safely to inspect things is a business decision and to protect the sales of the Enterprise line.  We can only hope that Mavic 3 sales would suck and DJI would be forced to add these features at least to the Mavic 3.
2021-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If tripod is easy to apply fine, but if updated Cinemode just needs optimization then go for that. Although Bloom knows and believes what he’s saying I think cine and tripod are very similar and I’d prefer to update Cine because its so easy to initiate.
I would much prefer to see an advanced Course Lock mode than tripod, but am open to all we can get.
2021-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc69683fa Posted at 12-30 05:16
It the same thing here that is with waypoints. The expensive Enterprise line up.  You could easily use the slower tripod mode on the lower end models to inspect something and then how would DJI sell those expensive Enterprise drones? By calling it Cine mode and making it so fast you can't use it safely to inspect things is a business decision and to protect the sales of the Enterprise line.  We can only hope that Mavic 3 sales would suck and DJI would be forced to add these features at least to the Mavic 3.

Not sure selling more enterprise and less consumer will make any difference to dji. I don’t believe many buy enterprise for tripod mode . And surely the better all drones are the better it will be for dji. This could be solved by optimization of cine mode in FW.
2021-12-30
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 06:32
If tripod is easy to apply fine, but if updated Cinemode just needs optimization then go for that. Although Bloom knows and believes what he’s saying I think cine and tripod are very similar and I’d prefer to update Cine because its so easy to initiate.
I would much prefer to see an advanced Course Lock mode than tripod, but am open to all we can get.

Of course it is easy to implement tripod mode features to cine mode, but DJI probably won't do it. There is a YouTube video somewhere showing how you can use a simple app to modify speed settings on an Air 2s to slow down the cine mode. So it is definitely very easy. But I think DJI has decided that this feature would only be available in the much more expensive Enterprise line. This way they can sell those to the professionals using drones to inspect things. Otherwise they would just buy much cheaper consumer drones.
2021-12-30
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

Here is the video:

There is a very high change that DJI will delete this post.
2021-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc69683fa Posted at 12-30 06:40
Of course it is easy to implement tripod mode features to cine mode, but DJI probably won't do it. There is a YouTube video somewhere showing how you can use a simple app to modify speed settings on an Air 2s to slow down the cine mode. So it is definitely very easy. But I think DJI has decided that this feature would only be available in the much more expensive Enterprise line. This way they can sell those to the professionals using drones to inspect things. Otherwise they would just buy much cheaper consumer drones.

I think if enough people look for a change it will be changed. But I don’t think if dji put 1’ sensors and 1/2 on consumer drones they would sell more drones, they would sell less. This has nothing to do with taking out features from drones to sell other drones. So ill have to disagree with you there. Thanks for posting the video .
2021-12-30
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 07:05
I think if enough people look for a change it will be changed. But I don’t think if dji put 1’ sensors and 1/2 on consumer drones they would sell more drones, they would sell less. This has nothing to do with taking out features from drones to sell other drones. So ill have to disagree with you there. Thanks for posting the video .

People can have different opinions I still think tripod mode and waypoints were removed because of Enterprise line. I guess we will see how this goes. If they don't add these features at all or add them to Mavic 3 only, then it is because they are trying to protect the Enterprise line. My guess is that Mavic 3 sales haven't been there where DJI wants them to be so they may be forced to add these to Mavic 3, but not the other cheaper drones even though these could be added to all DJI drones just as easily. I really hope I'm wrong and they will add these to all their drones.
2021-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc69683fa Posted at 12-30 07:40
People can have different opinions  I still think tripod mode and waypoints were removed because of Enterprise line. I guess we will see how this goes. If they don't add these features at all or add them to Mavic 3 only, then it is because they are trying to protect the Enterprise line. My guess is that Mavic 3 sales haven't been there where DJI wants them to be so they may be forced to add these to Mavic 3, but not the other cheaper drones even though these could be added to all DJI drones just as easily. I really hope I'm wrong and they will add these to all their drones.

I think they have said they would add waypoints, for me I’d much prefer they concentrate on Releasing SDK. Dji waypoints are pretty much useless and from what I know and see pretty much no one uses them. They had waypoints on M2P and zoom and enterprise .

I think sales on Mavic3 might have something to do with price and Software not being ready. Don’t get me wrong I still think there is good value with new camera longer flight and when we see full spec hopefully next month,  the comparison in price with M2P from 3 years ago will change the perception of just how expensive Mavic3 really is, for my money its not that much more expensive than M2P.

To add more sales dji probably need to come up with something in January to encourage all those waiting on the fence to part with their Money. I wanted better quality video and photo and Mavic3 has that for me. Now I await the bonuses…
2021-12-30
Use props
Philip Bloom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-12-30 02:14

I am sorry Wanda but Cine mode is NOT an updated Tripod mode. How is it updated? It has been made 5 times faster, is that what you call updated?

Also, what do you mean the names for "The tripod mode" may vary between different models? If the drone says it has tripod mode it has the 1m/s tripod mode. If it says cine mode it has the 5m/s cine mode.

This is an important thing to many so please understand what it is before deleting it in other forums. The last drone to have tripod mode was the original Mini. So the post about the petition has a valid reason to be in the mavic 3, mavic air 2, airs 2s and mini 2 forums. I will post it there. Please do not delete it.

Thank you

Philip Bloom
Petition Creator and DJI Partner
2022-1-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Philip Bloom Posted at 1-1 14:33
I am sorry Wanda but Cine mode is NOT an updated Tripod mode. How is it updated? It has been made 5 times faster, is that what you call updated?

Also, what do you mean the names for "The tripod mode" may vary between different models? If the drone says it has tripod mode it has the 1m/s tripod mode. If it says cine mode it has the 5m/s cine mode.

Philip, I signed onto the petition, and I really wanted to express my appreciation for your review "the movie".  I generally prefer instructional over artistic content, but yours was a wonderful mix of both that was professional, informative and entertaining.  I couldn't stop watching.  Hopefully you got over the 'C' sickness.
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Philip Bloom Posted at 1-1 14:33

Hello, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience. As we mentioned, the Tripod mode and Cine mode may vary between different models. They both can offer you better shooting stability. Please kindly know that.
For your reference, we will put the detailed list here.  
Summary of maximum horizontal speeds in Tripod mode/ Cine mode
Model                                Speed                                       Remarks
Mavic 3                              5m/s                                         The ascent and descent speed are 1m/s.  
Mavic Air 2                        5 m/s                                        The ascent and descent speed are 1m/s.                        
Mavic Mini                        4 m/s                                        The name is updated to Cine mode, which is equivalent to the Tripod mode of other devices. The ascent speed is 1.5 m/s and the descent speed is 1m/s
DJI Mini 2                           6 m/s                                             The name is updated to Cine mode, which is equivalent to the Tripod mode of other devices. The ascent speed is 2m/s and the descent speed is 1.5m/s
Mavic 2 Pro                      5 m/s                                        The maximum speed can be set in the app with an adjustable range of 1 m/s-5 m/s. The ascent and descent speed are 1m/s.
Mavic 2 Zoom                  5 m/s                                       The maximum speed can be set in the app with an adjustable range of 1 m/s-5 m/s. The ascent and descent speed are 1m/s.
Mavic Air                          1 m/s
Mavic Pro                         1 m/s
Spark                                1 m/s
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0      2.5 m/s
Phantom 4 Pro               2.5 m/s
Phantom 4 Advanced   2.5 m/s
Phantom 4                      2.5 m/s
2022-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-1 19:31
Hello, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience. As we mentioned, the Tripod mode and Cine mode may vary between different models. They both can offer you better shooting stability. Please kindly know that.
For your reference, we will put the detailed list here.  
Summary of maximum horizontal speeds in Tripod mode/ Cine mode

You can clearly see from your own chart that the speed of Tripod and Cine are totally different, and here lies everyone’s point. If Cine mode is an update and the only update is to make if 5 times faster and not a single person is happy with this update, then its time dji explained “WHY” or they listen to their customers “USERS” and give those that are looking more control of speed in Cine mode or reduce the speed to a fixed 1ms or 2ms.
This seems like a simple move to change this. So please answer the question relating to this topic because your chart only shows what users already know and what they would like changed.
2022-1-2
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 1-2 04:47
You can clearly see from your own chart that the speed of Tripod and Cine are totally different, and here lies everyone’s point. If Cine mode is an update and the only update is to make if 5 times faster and not a single person is happy with this update, then its time dji explained “WHY” or they listen to their customers “USERS” and give those that are looking more control of speed in Cine mode or reduce the speed to a fixed 1ms or 2ms.
This seems like a simple move to change this. So please answer the question relating to this topic because your chart only shows what users already know and what they would like changed.

Hi, hallmark007. We are sorry for any misleading and inconvenience. We have already passed our customers' petitions to our designated teams. Please kindly know that.
2022-1-4
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-4 18:52
Your “designated teams” meaning another contract worker in the Philippines?
You guys seem unable to mention a single thing that’s not in your website.

You can't have it both ways. I actually prefer that the moderators and admins do NOT get involved in the conversations much. It gives us more freedom to talk to each other openly. Other forums (one in particular comes to mind) where that happens are very unforgiving of remarks like yours and will ban you in seconds. Double-edged sword your know. Be happy that is not the case here.
2022-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-4 18:52
Your “designated teams” meaning another contract worker in the Philippines?
You guys seem unable to mention a single thing that’s not in your website.

From personal experience the moderators are in touch with engineers or at least liaisons. And I have got personal responses through them.
2022-1-5
Use props
fans93a0f6fa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146598 ft
United States

And please call it what you like, it is not a name we are concerned with its the usable speed adjustment ( ability to slow the movement further  down )  it what we all would like to have back . Philips message explains that very well. Appreciate you passing on the requests to the appropriate people. Please look at the growing number of signers on the petition to see how important it is to your users.  
2022-1-5
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-5 07:03
Sure would be nice of one of them to at least acknowledge the GPS issue.

That is a pity, but I think it will remain an anomaly. I think they do take note then choose to say very little more about the subject. Some will just go down as bug fix others as FW and others may just rest on the shelf. It does seem strange that they don’t come out with some PR to customers waiting for updates and those waiting for fix. Maybe its a Chinese thing or just a private company thing. But its fairly consistent.
2022-1-5
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-5
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-5 09:06
Very true. Well, let's hope that they will find a way to release the fw this month as originally promised, and to fix this bug that they created in a rush to release the last fw before the holidays.

My preference is that they take an 'Agile' approach.  Do a regular firmware update monthly, and only include content that has been unit tested, beta-tested, Q/A tested, and confirmed addressed.  Leave everything else out and roll into the subsequent month.  If I were running the business, that's how I would run it.  But maybe that's why I'm not running a billion dollar company, I just work for one.
2022-1-5
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc69683fa Posted at 2021-12-30 06:46
Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxsQzRDzD4M

THIS post needs more attention.  It works for the Mavic 3.
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules