Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HUGE ISSUE NEEDS FIXED!!!
1560 33 2021-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JrFTW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3064934 ft
  • >>>
United States

Every single time I fly my drone I get Controller not Bound error then it goes away and then randomly the controller screen disconnects but I can still fly it. Doesnt matter if I'm right next to the drone or far away It just stops showing the screen and its very frustating considering exchanging the unit because I can't enjoy any flights without this happening at least 5 - 6 times.

Please if anyone has tips lemme know. I bought the Mavic 3 Cine Combo ($6000) and can't fly the thing right, probably reverting back to my mavic air 2. - Very Disappointed. Feels like I wasted my money.

- UPDATE

Removed the drone from the controller, factory reset the controller, checked for firmware and DJI Fly app updates, re-binded controller and it seems to be working flawlessly. I get the "Not Bound" error for about 5 seconds and then it goes away after checking. Good work around for me. Cheers and happy new years!
2021-12-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This is exactly what a warranty is for. Contact DJI and ask for an exchange.
2021-12-30
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

Having the same issue, DJI wants me to return the aircraft and RC pro so they can analyze.  Here we go, will be February before I get it back or they replace.
2021-12-30
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-30 15:59

yeah they better send me one first, I spent too much to be left with nothing.
2021-12-30
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans76b622a7 Posted at 12-30 16:04
Having the same issue, DJI wants me to return the aircraft and RC pro so they can analyze.  Here we go, will be February before I get it back or they replace.

yeah that's not happening they can send me a new one and then I'll return it. I paid too much to be left without anything. Plus I have refresh.
2021-12-30
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting the "not bound " error for a few seconds pretty much whenever I start both RC Pro and M3C "cold".
It shows up for a few seconds and then disappears.  
No losing screen afterward, though.
I treat it as a quirk.
2021-12-30
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also seeing this 'Controller not bound' message for a few seconds every time it starts up, however, I haven't had any disconnections or screen blacking out. My RC Pro has a December build date and came with the .0300 firmware and FLY 1.5.4 (1350).
2021-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JrFTW. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your new DJI Mavic 3. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-12-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good thing about dealing with DJI, they are always there.  It's not like an off-brand or some no-name company.  I'm sure you will get it sorted out. Go through the process, let us know if you learn anything interesting, and most importantly, be persistent until you are happy.  Life is too short not to be happy.
2021-12-30
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-30
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 12-30 21:46
Mine also says “controller not bound” for a few seconds but I don’t get disconnects.
I treat it as another bug that DJI didn’t pay attention to in their p1ss poor lack of testing. You know, similar to Airsense showing the altitude and distance of nearby planes nowhere near the planes on the RC Pro map. Or the long time it takes to acquire satellites and a home point.
All things that even the most basic testing would have shown.

There's now a 4) , which started from the Mavic3 : pay now, and we'll deliver the firmware 3 months later
2021-12-30
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I think I fixed it, I removed the Drone from the controller (Unbinded it) then factory reset the RC Pro Controller and then rebinded it and it seems to be working now.
2021-12-30
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JrFTW Posted at 12-30 23:40
I think I fixed it, I removed the Drone from the controller (Unbinded it) then factory reset the RC Pro Controller and then rebinded it and it seems to be working now.

Hey, that sounds really interesting ...

Please report for a few more days how it works for you after this procedure ...
That could then be an important "work around" ...

2021-12-31
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JrFTW Posted at 12-30 16:17
yeah that's not happening they can send me a new one and then I'll return it. I paid too much to be left without anything. Plus I have refresh.

Literally no-one works like that. Why would they trust you to send back your faulty one after receiving a brand one 6k drone?
2021-12-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a screenshot or video for the error message? It would be appreciated if you can give us the full error message or error code.
2021-12-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

All its telling you is its binding but until it does its not bound. The disconnects are not connected. You will see many anomalies like this on dji drones in their manuals etc.
2021-12-31
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DubSound Posted at 12-31 00:47
Literally no-one works like that. Why would they trust you to send back your faulty one after receiving a brand one 6k drone?

you can do it as long as you involve a credit card in the deal that will be charged unless you return the broken drone.
2021-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be very interested to see if your fix resolves the issue permanently.  
2021-12-31
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

They will never do that for you. So unless you start a claim and return process it looks like you will be stuck with it.
2021-12-31
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

Hello,
Same issue here, please advise the steps to do this.  Thank you in advance.
2021-12-31
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The main issue you have is the the controller is losing connection with the drone, this is not related to the not bound message you're getting.

Constant losing connection, is an issue with either the RCPro or the Drone, it seems that this only effects drones with the RCP, which suggests this is a fault with the RCP.

I have covered the 'Not Bound' message in another post, but, I can't locate it at the moment.

The 'Not Bound' message is related to a check that the Fly App makes when it connects to the drone, it is checking that the drone it is linked to is the same drone that it was bound with originally.

Binding is a required step that checks that the Serial Number of the Drone is bound to the serial number of the remote, it is a verification that is required if you should suffer a fly away and you ask DJI to replace your drone by claiming on their fly away cover. Its covered in DJI's flyaway cover T's & C's.

When you activate your drone, the two serial numbers are linked to your DJI account. If you change remotes you must not only 'Link' the remote to the drone, but 'Bind' or 'Re-Bind', drone, remote & your DJI Account.

The 'Not Bound' message that you see is produced while the Fly App waits to receive the serial number from the drone, its a bug that is minor, it just needs to be muted by software until the drone & Fly App are fully ready.
2021-12-31
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yeah they better send me one first, I spent too much to be left with nothing.

Unlikely, your warranty with DJI is not an On-Site warranty its back to base, detailed in all the T's & C's you agreed to without reading!

If you purchased through Amazon you could return it and re-order. If you have purchased through DJI Online then you will have to use the DJI warranty procedure.

If you have purchased refresh from DJI You have no choice but to use DJI's warranty procedure or you risk losing your refresh.
2021-12-31
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 12-31 00:33
Hey, that sounds really interesting ...

Please report for a few more days how it works for you after this procedure ...

It seems to be working amazing! I still get the not bind error for like 3 seconds but then it goes away and then I have no issues now!
2021-12-31
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-31 10:49
The main issue you have is the the controller is losing connection with the drone, this is not related to the not bound message you're getting.

Constant losing connection, is an issue with either the RCPro or the Drone, it seems that this only effects drones with the RCP, which suggests this is a fault with the RCP.

Wow thank you so much for all the very useful information! Cheers!
2021-12-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JrFTW Posted at 12-31 11:14
It seems to be working amazing! I still get the not bind error for like 3 seconds but then it goes away and then I have no issues now!

This probably has nothing to do with the signal connection between the controller and drone.
DJI use the term LINK rather than bind to refer to that.

When DJI talk about binding the controller, they mean something to do with their flyaway protection.
Check the exact wording of that message again.

2021-12-31
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-31 13:18
This probably has nothing to do with the signal connection between the controller and drone.
DJI use the term LINK rather than bind to refer to that.

Thanks for verifying this, I came from the conventional RC helicopter hobby and got confused when I first saw the 'controller  not bound' message. Apparently it's referring to the controller not being bound to the account.
2021-12-31
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 7BFEBGS?usp=sharing Not sure if anyone knows how to read these but heres my .DAT files from my flights where my issues occur. Also sent to DJI Support.
2022-1-8
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 2021-12-31 06:12
you can do it as long as you involve a credit card in the deal that will be charged unless you return the broken drone.

Many large companies with good warranties indeed do that.  Take Apple, as an example.  I take cases everyday where people want their broken phones replaced in advance of returning the faulty ones.  We do it by placing a "hold" on a CC, meaning the $ has to be in the account first.  Not claiming DJI will or will not do this, though.
2022-1-9
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

dr6583 Posted at 1-9 01:10
Many large companies with good warranties indeed do that.  Take Apple, as an example.  I take cases everyday where people want their broken phones replaced in advance of returning the faulty ones.  We do it by placing a "hold" on a CC, meaning the $ has to be in the account first.  Not claiming DJI will or will not do this, though.

Lol I just did this with my iphone 12 Pro Max, Keeps rebooting on its own. But they (DJI) told me its a firmware issue not a hardware issue with the mavic 3. Been chatting with them back and forth and sent them some flight data. Have not heard back since 1/122022 when I sent them my last bit of flight data.
2022-1-17
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2021-12-30 15:59

So I'm still having the issue and they are fighting with me about it.... Like since day one I've had the issue any advice on where to contact them to get them to just exchange it?
2022-4-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

JrFTW Posted at 1-17 15:36
Lol I just did this with my iphone 12 Pro Max, Keeps rebooting on its own. But they (DJI) told me its a firmware issue not a hardware issue with the mavic 3. Been chatting with them back and forth and sent them some flight data. Have not heard back since 1/122022 when I sent them my last bit of flight data.

Chances are you won't.

You need to go thru process of sending M3 Cine (drone and controller) in for repair or replacement.
And sadly be prepared to do it till you get a working system.
2022-4-17
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that with my first copy. Ended up sending the whole thing back, received a new copy, that one worked.
2022-4-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 2021-12-31 23:52
Thanks for verifying this, I came from the conventional RC helicopter hobby and got confused when I first saw the 'controller  not bound' message. Apparently it's referring to the controller not being bound to the account.

Op said: "then randomly the controller screen disconnects but I can still fly it."

Which would not fit with whether or not the controller (or drone) was bound to the Op's account.
2022-4-19
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

4/20/22 - Still Happening - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=1#pid2723687
Mavic 3 Cine
DJI Fly V1.5.10(1070-official)
AC Firmware 0.1.00.0600
RC PRO Firmware 03.01.06000
iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 15.4.1 (HotSpot Use ONLY)
Flight Logs - https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... w7CWy032PwlK7BFEBGS
2022-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules