Move Gimbal via screen using an assistive mouse.
1223 5 2021-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Assistive-Tech Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1252736 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have owned a Mavic pro and then upgraded to the Mavic2 Zoom whenever it came out.

I fly the drone from my wheelchair and use an assistive mouse to control my tablet and access all the controls via the DJI Go4 app.
(My limited arm/hand movement makes it impossible to use the roller on the controller for the camera)

Using the assistive mousee I was able to click on the screen and drag to move the gimbal up and down on the Mavic pro and then on the Mavic zoom I was able to move up and down on pan left and right.

I have just bought a Mavic mini 2 and the only way that I can see to move the gimbal up and down is to use the wheel on the top of the controller.
When I click on the screen and drag as with the previous drones the camera Gimbal does not move.

Am I missing something? Is there another way to move the gimbal through the DJI fly app?

Thanks in advance

Gareth Rowan

www.assistive-tech.co.uk/drones

2021-12-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I was sure you could drag on the screen to move the gimble.. I'll try in a little while and will report back...
2021-12-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well I was utterly wrong about that... No idea why I thought I'd done that before or thought I'd read about it in the manual.

Swiping around on the screen does not move the gimble, though that would be a great feature.

(And in the process of checking I managed to shred my hand on the props!)

-N.O.T.
2021-12-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you not do it by screen? what about if you start with the wheel then use the screen once the indicator shows? i cant try it now, its 4am lol
2021-12-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I remembered what it was that I was thinking of... Pinch to zoom.

Sorry it doesn't help much, but it wasn't moving the gimble it was just zooming by pinching on the screen that I'd read about
2022-1-9
Use props
Assistive-Tech Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1252736 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for all of the replies.

I saw Dji had released the sdk for the Mini 2 and so Litchi had a Beta version for the Mini 2.

The gimbal function is available by clicking and dragging anywhere on the screen in Litchi .

Maybe Dji will bring it to the Fly app in the future

2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules