Gimbal Protection in Flight
1120 9 2021-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly_low_slow
lvl.1
United States

Dumb question -  but why dont they make a clear gimbal protector that pilots can use to protect the gimbal in flight - especially with new pilots.
The gimbal seems so flimsy and crashes can be $$$.

2021-12-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The gimbal cover locks the gimbal to keep it from moving during storage/transport.
2021-12-31
Use props
Fly_low_slow
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-31 12:40
The gimbal cover locks the gimbal to keep it from moving during storage/transport.

Yep, understand that. Looking for something to protect in case of crash and why they dont have something like this, especially for learners.
2021-12-31
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

There's third party companies that do that I believe, atleast for my mini 2.
2021-12-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fly_low_slow. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-1-1
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Found this on amazon - there are probably other similar things. The problem with these is that they inevitably get in your pics and videos eventually, at least a little. I used one for a bit with my old mavic pro, for mostly the same reasons as the OP, but stopped as soon as I felt a bit more confident.
https://www.amazon.com/Arzroic-A ... %2Caps%2C78&sr=8-53
2022-1-2
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

It would need to be curved and they would proabably distort the image, or produce colors through refraction
2022-1-15
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

sduck Posted at 1-2 08:07
Found this on amazon - there are probably other similar things. The problem with these is that they inevitably get in your pics and videos eventually, at least a little. I used one for a bit with my old mavic pro, for mostly the same reasons as the OP, but stopped as soon as I felt a bit more confident.

Bought one of these, but have yet to fly it, so no opinion so far…
2022-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

you can buy a Mavic Pro 1, you can fly and film that drone with the gimbal attached and you don’t need a Remote Control.
2022-4-2
Use props
Sought
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sduck Posted at 1-2 08:07
Found this on amazon - there are probably other similar things. The problem with these is that they inevitably get in your pics and videos eventually, at least a little. I used one for a bit with my old mavic pro, for mostly the same reasons as the OP, but stopped as soon as I felt a bit more confident.

Yes I have seen these before. They were originally marketed to protect from sunlight effecting video or photos, marketing as Sunshade.. but I can see some clever marketeers are calling it a guard now, probably to get more sales.

I agree with other comments that a curved one would work better and I will keep a look out
2022-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules