My Mavic 3 just fallen from the sky. Lost it.
11943 192 2021-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-4 21:46
I am still waiting for the email.

i think you are good still.  once you get the email and the new drone, i think you don't have to worry about looking for or finding the missing drone.  but i'm pretty sure every time you go by there, you'll peek.  two or three days of intense searching is hard to forget about.  
2022-1-5
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-5 18:23
i think you are good still.  once you get the email and the new drone, i think you don't have to worry about looking for or finding the missing drone.  but i'm pretty sure every time you go by there, you'll peek.  two or three days of intense searching is hard to forget about.

That is exactly how is !!! now I extended my evening walks to that far just to check from the sidewalk the surroundings hopping I miss something.
2022-1-5
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are you kidding me?
After they call me on Monday at 5:08PM from the 1-818-235-0789 and Tati talked to me to inform me that DJI decided on send me a drone and promised an email with the details (well you guy know the story)
now a manager finally send me an email with this !!!! I am not sure how DJI works but this is so WRONG !!! What kind of organization do they have and how they call you to tell you that good news after ask me for all the Flylogs evidence and now they start over asking again for evidence and acting like they never called me. I am really upset.

DJI Support (DJI Support)

Jan 6, 2022, 11:03 GMT+8

Dear Nelvick,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
This is Alexiss, Customer Care Manager from DJI. Your case was escalated to me by our relevant team, and I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

I have received your case and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I deeply understand your unpleasant feeling during the flyaway experience.
Given the description of the issue, I understand that you are eager and request us to send you a replacement drone for free.

I am afraid that we would need to conduct a data analysis with your synced flight data. We will determine if the incident was caused by product malfunction of by human error.  
- If the incident was caused by product malfunctions, we will provide you a free service of a replacement drone.
- If the flyaway was caused by human error, we will arrange the flyaway replacement price to you.

I would escalate your case as a top priority and urge our team to speed up the process for you.
We greatly esteem your patronage and we do hope that you could continue enjoying your Mavic 3.
I am personally following your case and make sure you will receive a working drone.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to get back in touch with me.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
Alexiss
2022-1-5
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Then another email.

DJI Support (DJI Support)

Jan 6, 2022, 12:59 GMT+8

Dear Nelvick,

Good day.

For your claimed case CAS-XXXXXXXXX, we have received a request for data analysis. With this, may we request for the details and files below to be provided:

1. Confirm the exact date and time of the flight incident:

2. Please export the Whole FlightRecords Folder including the MCDatFlight Records Folder and the Video Cache Folder/DJI Records from the phone used during the incident. The attached file is for the instruction. Use Google Drive or Dropbox to upload all the files and give us the link on this email.

Looking forward to your early reply, so that we can solve the issue soon. Have a nice day.

Note: If we have not received a response within 48 hours, we will temporarily tag your case as resolved. If the files/details are available already, you can directly reply to this email for us to proceed for analysis or contact our DJI Technical Support through this link: https://www.dji.com/support.

Best Regards
Michael
DJI Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.

2022-1-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-5 21:49
Then another email.

Hopefully a mod will decide to come on and help here. Here we started praising their customer care for doing a sterling job and the blunder it up again.
2022-1-5
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have all the evidence. I am so dissatisfying.
9FEF224F-DC22-40C9-90E0-CC2545AEABAE.png
2022-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-5 22:07
I have all the evidence. I am so dissatisfying.

Have you already given them your flight log ? If so then they have already examined and called it a malfunction and that is why they called you. It looks like this has landed on someone else’s desk for a repeat.
2022-1-5
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes. I give them everything about 4 days ago. Now i had to provide everything again after they told me they will be sending the M3 free of charge.
2022-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-5 23:20
Yes. I give them everything about 4 days ago. Now i had to provide everything again after they told me they will be sending the M3 free of charge.

If you’ve given them everything then just contact them let them know you won’t be sending again and ask when you’re going to receive your replacement drone. Its a real blunder on their part but unfortunately you’re going to have to let them know this. I think it will turn out fine.
2022-1-5
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-5 23:55
If you’ve given them everything then just contact them let them know you won’t be sending again and ask when you’re going to receive your replacement drone. Its a real blunder on their part but unfortunately you’re going to have to let them know this. I think it will turn out fine.

I answered with a good email standing that I already posted everything and they will look very bad after changing decisions. I don't know how works their system but they most to have all the evidence on their face. The weird part is that they have 2 Cases numbers. He explain is because one is from the original case and one is for the data analysis request it. Why request another data analysis after the first one was done? why ask me again for all the evidence when they already have everything? Is like 2 separate teams are working and they do not communicate with each other or they uses separate systems. Maybe one local and one in China?
2022-1-6
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-6 06:36
I answered with a good email standing that I already posted everything and they will look very bad after changing decisions. I don't know how works their system but they most to have all the evidence on their face. The weird part is that they have 2 Cases numbers. He explain is because one is from the original case and one is for the data analysis request it. Why request another data analysis after the first one was done? why ask me again for all the evidence when they already have everything? Is like 2 separate teams are working and they do not communicate with each other or they uses separate systems. Maybe one local and one in China?

I am surprised by this turn of events. Do you have DJI Care Refresh? I am just curious. I wonder if the hang up on your particular case is that you are attempting to get a drone replacement at no charge. Most of the quick case resolutions I have seen regarding crashes, the person was able to send the damaged drone back in, pay the small fee, and get the replacement fairly fast. On Fly away, they determine quickly the drone was lost and then again, the fly away fee is paid and the resolution is fairly fast. In your case, you are seeking full replacement at no charge due to malfunction / bird strike and do not have the drone. Maybe that is the hang up? So you are sort of making a warranty claim? I am just trying to understand why your case is being drug out differently from many others we have seen.

Hope you find resolution to this. WORST case scenario you will have to pay a fly away fee and get a new drone. The fly away fee though is several hundred dollars so hopefully you get a better resolution. Just from the video alone it seems clear something hit drone mid flight and it was lost.
2022-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tornado12 Posted at 1-6 06:57
I am surprised by this turn of events. Do you have DJI Care Refresh? I am just curious. I wonder if the hang up on your particular case is that you are attempting to get a drone replacement at no charge. Most of the quick case resolutions I have seen regarding crashes, the person was able to send the damaged drone back in, pay the small fee, and get the replacement fairly fast. On Fly away, they determine quickly the drone was lost and then again, the fly away fee is paid and the resolution is fairly fast. In your case, you are seeking full replacement at no charge due to malfunction / bird strike and do not have the drone. Maybe that is the hang up? So you are sort of making a warranty claim? I am just trying to understand why your case is being drug out differently from many others we have seen.

Hope you find resolution to this. WORST case scenario you will have to pay a fly away fee and get a new drone. The fly away fee though is several hundred dollars so hopefully you get a better resolution. Just from the video alone it seems clear something hit drone mid flight and it was lost.

This is a case of malfunction, it has already been agreed by dji to replace the drone. If it was anything else then dji would have said this. You have a 2 year warranty against malfunction on your craft. This looks clearly like a mix up in house by dji support etc.
2022-1-6
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That is right. I do have the DJI Care for 2 years for the Mavic 3 $430+ value but i do not want to use it since was not a pilot error and was an aircraft malfunction. In fact they already took a decision on Monday and call me to let me know the other aircraft will be ship soon. That is the mess up part. Why take a decision and revert it.

My hypothesis is that I made this public and they are thinking this can create a precedent in feature claims. In my benefit probably if I would stay in silence they may just keep with the original decision. But I am a forum member and I want to share everything for our benefit. To be clear. If is my fault I don't mind pay the $800 fee and that is why I pay in all my drones the DJI care. I have 4 drones and all of them has it and in 6 years owning DJI drones is the first time I have an incident and was not my fault very inside my heart. Tomorrow I am receiving a new Air 2S and I will pay the care as well since I decided to use the Mavic 3 once I get it back as secondary drone. I can not risk that amount just for fun.
2022-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-6 07:08
That is right. I do have the DJI Care for 2 years for the Mavic 3 $430+ value but i do not want to use it since was not a pilot error and was an aircraft malfunction. In fact they already took a decision on Monday and call me to let me know the other aircraft will be ship soon. That is the mess up part. Why take a decision and revert it.

My hypothesis is that I made this public and they are thinking this can create a precedent in feature claims. In my benefit probably if I would stay in silence they may just keep with the original decision. But I am a forum member and I want to share everything for our benefit. To be clear. If is my fault I don't mind pay the $800 fee and that is why I pay in all my drones the DJI care. I have 4 drones and all of them has it and in 6 years owning DJI drones is the first time I have an incident and was not my fault very inside my heart. Tomorrow I am receiving a new Air 2S and I will pay the care as well since I decided to use the Mavic 3 once I get it back as secondary drone. I can not risk that amount just for fun.

I think I read there is 2 case numbers , so my advice to you now is to go to dji website and speak to online support, and give them the first case number and ask how this is progressing . You will at least know if this case is still going forward or not.
2022-1-6
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Same thing. They will get back with me just saying they need to finish the data analysis. They just do not explain what happened with the Monday call staying quiet.
This is probably why everything is mess up.
1.jpg
2022-1-6
Use props
Bosduif
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121831 ft
South Africa

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-1 10:41
I want to thanks every help to all of you guys. I still unable to find the drone. I am taking a brake and i am going back to keep searching. is very dense the area.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you vind that drone. I lost mine too. I know what it feels like.
2022-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-6 07:08
That is right. I do have the DJI Care for 2 years for the Mavic 3 $430+ value but i do not want to use it since was not a pilot error and was an aircraft malfunction. In fact they already took a decision on Monday and call me to let me know the other aircraft will be ship soon. That is the mess up part. Why take a decision and revert it.

My hypothesis is that I made this public and they are thinking this can create a precedent in feature claims. In my benefit probably if I would stay in silence they may just keep with the original decision. But I am a forum member and I want to share everything for our benefit. To be clear. If is my fault I don't mind pay the $800 fee and that is why I pay in all my drones the DJI care. I have 4 drones and all of them has it and in 6 years owning DJI drones is the first time I have an incident and was not my fault very inside my heart. Tomorrow I am receiving a new Air 2S and I will pay the care as well since I decided to use the Mavic 3 once I get it back as secondary drone. I can not risk that amount just for fun.

hope everything works out for you.  i can assure you that they didn't read your comments on the forum and then reverse their decision in an effort to stem future complaints from other forum members.  dji is at the very least a professional organization and they wouldn't do something like that.  dji ccp branch can erase posts if they don't like what they see; censorship is a well-known widely used tactic.  don't beat yourself up over posting your thoughts on a public forum, maybe give it a few more days to see how it goes.
2022-1-6
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

So sorry! Such a bummer! Hope you'll find it and will be able to send for a replacement. Good luck!
2022-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-5 15:41
What are you talking about? The strobe I linked is used to find the drone once it is on the ground. Going out after dark would be relatively easy to use the strobe to find it because it lasts for 72 hours.

oh yeah, that's a good idea
2022-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-6 08:38
Same thing. They will get back with me just saying they need to finish the data analysis. They just do not explain what happened with the Monday call staying quiet.
This is probably why everything is mess up.

If it's something inherently wrong they wont tell you otherwise everyone would be scared.  Maybe you should stop asking and just get the new drone and hope nothing goes wrong with that one otherwise they may just say it was your fault and you get nothing.
2022-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-6 19:13
If it's something inherently wrong they wont tell you otherwise everyone would be scared.  Maybe you should stop asking and just get the new drone and hope nothing goes wrong with that one otherwise they may just say it was your fault and you get nothing.

yes i do agree if there is a serious issue found with the drone, dji has the right for withhold publishing that issue in the public for everyone to see especially if it is not safety related and can be fixed with a software update.  but they're not going to blame you and then cheat you out of a drone for their mistake.
2022-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-6 20:42
yes i do agree if there is a serious issue found with the drone, dji has the right for withhold publishing that issue in the public for everyone to see especially if it is not safety related and can be fixed with a software update.  but they're not going to blame you and then cheat you out of a drone for their mistake.

oh yeah of course ; )

I wouldn't want DJI to go under.  I've done probably at least 50 fly hours without the drones crashing.  I don't have an LLC and was flying without insurance at times as they didn't pay too much most of the time.  I kept buying production equipment and other things so I can roll out believable presentations at an instant when needed.  The less effort the better.  Making scripts can be the hardest, getting people to act and perform can be the hardest, but filming what already is happening without you filming and then you film should be the easiest.

Basically I survived like I've done with many other potential careers and jobs without it being the last like the Officers and other Operators who got jailed for many years and worse because something went wrong while they were doing it.  I had a problem with the Autel EVO II and people don't believe me.  I know I didn't have control over it and the one I was with said he believed me but didn't really as he was trying it too which was extremely dangerous.  Maybe that issue was one out of many working Autels like some of the M3s that are broken.

The best is when you got lucky and made it like nothing happened then realize all the potential great things that were missed in life years and years ago but if anything had went wrong in between it would be a lot worse.  Life is a constant grind of keeping things maintained.  Things can go wrong at an instant or keep going for 100+ years like it was every single day.  We just don't know and anyone that thinks they know, look at the news and other things that have happened around the world that never really is part of the "narratives" that make people always work and if they always work they will live.  I don't want to "shatter" the hardest beliefs but some beliefs at times has to go otherwise massive issues and death occurs though if a better afterlife was made then it was great the sequence composition was how it was ultimately selected by the creators(God) that decide it's time for people to "make it into a better afterlife" or to "rest in peace" it's just if it was worse.. we all should realize we can have and do so only so much as the undeveloped engineering and unrealized scientific discoveries that could've saved people didn't exist in time.  The fact a lot of billionaires look the same in lifestyle as everyone else is beyond me.  People should be looking like Cyborgs with 360° coverage at all times in everything but it's not like that.  Still though, it should be questioned whether or not dying from COVID is actually bad.  It should be a liberation by the natural order of our creators(God) to take people into the afterlife than to fight it with vaccines, maskings, and lockdowns.  The narrative of trying to keep everyone alive at all levels is going to dissolve into everyone being smart and just accept it's probably better to just "rest in peace" for some.  Imo though, as I was brought up to try to make it no matter what, I can't just "die out".  I want to do whatever it takes to find how making it actually works and why than just to survive because people told you dying is bad when everything is pretty much code and there will be people more curious about the afterlife than realize how much they've missed or lost.  There were news about someone who suicided and they got a whole "rest in peace" concert for them.  I mean, that is dangerous knowledge imo.  Like I said, if people don't "grind" and aren't maintaining property sane normal behavior, they will die out and the world is headed there unfortunately.  I feel for all those who will lose their minds who haven't yet.  Until you've fortified that dying is "not an easy option", it can suck people into it quicker than anything else in life.
2022-1-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-7 02:48
oh yeah of course ; )

I wouldn't want DJI to go under.  I've done probably at least 50 fly hours without the drones crashing.  I don't have an LLC and was flying without insurance at times as they didn't pay too much most of the time.  I kept buying production equipment and other things so I can roll out believable presentations at an instant when needed.  The less effort the better.  Making scripts can be the hardest, getting people to act and perform can be the hardest, but filming what already is happening without you filming and then you film should be the easiest.

Can anyone understand any of that nonsense?
2022-1-7
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't intend to offend, but my interpretation of that is a series of profound statements on unrelated topics randomly pieced together.  If there is a meaningful message in there, I cannot find it.
2022-1-7
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-7 02:48
oh yeah of course ; )

I really can not understand what you try to express related to this topic. Can you be more detailed?
2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-7 05:32
I really can not understand what you try to express related to this topic. Can you be more detailed?

He lives in a totally different world than most folk, try not to disturb him for your own sake
2022-1-7
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-7
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had the smart controller 1st version and realized that the original remote was far better. The last straw was when the SC completely crashed and not even the sticks were fully working , it would only go up not down. I went back to original controller and all is well. I'm sure it's your remote. I watched in slow motion and doesn't look like a crash , more like a fly away.
2022-1-7
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-1 12:59
Nothing. I cant find it.

Try across the street
2022-1-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-7 07:33
I had the smart controller 1st version and realized that the original remote was far better. The last straw was when the SC completely crashed and not even the sticks were fully working , it would only go up not down. I went back to original controller and all is well. I'm sure it's your remote. I watched in slow motion and doesn't look like a crash , more like a fly away.

Your problem can be related to calibration. (easy fix). The original smart controller has glitches depending the firmware you are using. The range may be better with the RC1 controllers..

I called crash but was a flyaway. (missed in the translation)
2022-1-7
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-7 07:39
Your problem can be related to calibration. (easy fix). The original smart controller has glitches depending the firmware you are using. The range may be better with the RC1 controllers..

I called crash but was a flyaway. (missed in the translation)

I sold my Smart Controller just before they announced the new one. I lucked out.
In your case this a controller issue I'm most certain. I really hope DJI do the Honest thing and replace your M3, thats a lot of money to just up and fly away.
2022-1-7
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-7 05:32

"Can you be more detailed?"
Yes. Yes he can. I suspect he will too.
2022-1-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nothing yet.

2022-1-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

They confirm this over the chat but I need the email.
2022-1-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No Pilot error.
DJ2.jpg
2022-1-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like the manufacturer is dragging their feet on this one.  Hopefully things will go your way.
2022-1-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once again, good for you! Hope this is not a groundhog day thing.
2022-1-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just flip over without any anomaly. I cant understand that.

2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-7 20:06
Just flip over without any anomaly. I cant understand that.

[view_image]

Looks like a bit of a cock up, but ends well so hopefully your back in the sky soon . Good luck.
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules